Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Canreef Nano Contest Voting Thread: "Most Innovative" (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51805)

sphelps 04-21-2009 03:08 AM

I also found that a little strange, why would ten people choose to vote in the one pole but not the other. I don't want to say it but something smells fishy :razz:

superduperwesman 04-21-2009 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 413009)
I actually found the most innovative tank wasn't actually the tank itself. So I didn't vote.

I'm confused? Like you thought the "Most Innovative" category is specific to the tank itself? If so I'd say sphelps tried something new for starting from a standard 10 gallon, but like I said.. I'm confused?

superduperwesman 04-21-2009 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphelps (Post 413010)
I also found that a little strange, why would ten people choose to vote in the one pole but not the other. I don't want to say it but something smells fishy :razz:

ahah I never thought of that but now that you mention it... seems a little odd ahah. But like I said... maybe it's just that less people are interested in this category or they don't think anyone was innovative so they just decided not to vote.

sphelps 04-21-2009 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superduperwesman (Post 413017)
ahah I never thought of that but now that you mention it... seems a little odd ahah. But like I said... maybe it's just that less people are interested in this category or they don't think anyone was innovative so they just decided not to vote.

Yeah you're probably right, I probably shouldn't have said anything

christyf5 04-21-2009 03:20 AM

Well considering the budget was for the tank itself, then the most innovative tank would be the tank. Spending an extra grand on a neat stand and water system is kind of out of the realm of the competition IMO.

I'm not starting anything here, I'm just sayin..your system is totally innovative, its that I thought this was supposed to be a nano tank contest, so I was looking at the tanks themselves.

It wasn't that I didn't think anyone was innovative, I just couldn't decide so I didn't vote.

sphelps 04-21-2009 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 413020)
Well considering the budget was for the tank itself, then the most innovative tank would be the tank. Spending an extra grand on a neat stand and water system is kind of out of the realm of the competition IMO.

I'm not starting anything here, I'm just sayin..your system is totally innovative, its that I thought this was supposed to be a nano tank contest, so I was looking at the tanks themselves.

It wasn't that I didn't think anyone was innovative, I just couldn't decide so I didn't vote.

Dang with that reasoning you totally should have voted for me :mrgreen:

christyf5 04-21-2009 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphelps (Post 413027)
Dang with that reasoning you totally should have voted for me :mrgreen:

LOL:mrgreen:

superduperwesman 04-21-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 413020)

Fair enough but personally I think you should still be able to make a call between the tanks. Even if you want to ignore the stands I think I could make a decision between internal over flow, external overflow, tank mod, and rock work. I wouldn't exactly call any of these things cutting edge but I think they are all the implementation of ideas that are some what new or at least slightly new approaches on /variations of an existing idea and that should be able to render a best from selection vote, also not trying to start anything.... just confused but we all think differently :)

And at the end of the day I just wanted something to hide all my nano tank's junk in because part of the budget or not I didn't want to make my house look like a mess for the contest, which tanks have a tendency to do ahah

christyf5 04-21-2009 03:33 AM

yep I totally hear what you're saying. I went through the threads again with exactly that in mind. And voted :wink:

superduperwesman 04-21-2009 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 413034)
yep I totally hear what you're saying. I went through the threads again with exactly that in mind. And voted :wink:

and you enjoyed it. Who doesn't like checking the lil circle and clicking the vote button :)