Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   lastlight's 101 half cube (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58863)

lastlight 12-13-2009 04:56 PM

lastlight's 101 half cube

Before I get into the details let's get down to brass tacks.

Brianne was moved down to floor 4 yesterday while I was busy ripping apart that OTHER tank at my house. I guess the floor she WAS on is for the sickest patients. So good news! Today we find out she can go home to see the kids for a few hours. YAY. Now they just came back and told her she can sleep overnight at home! Yahoo! Her cell counts are kickass right now...must be a good sign that her body can handle the chemo.

I couldn't post this in that OTHER thread. That thread is dead to me.

Now that that's out of the way here are some extremely tentative details. Please note this build starts when I've moved and when I'm into the groove supporting the family on my income alone. I'm racing tony again but he's got one hell of a head start (with my rock!).

Tank - 30x30x18 half cube. Starphire 1/2". Ground and bevelled. Black silicone. External overflow with tinted black wall.
Return pump - Eheim 1250 I forgot to list for sale

Everything you can't see will be non-high end. No more losing my shirt. Eqiuipment will somehow be in another room or closet so I don't need silent (expensive) equipment. I'll know more about this when I've actually moved.

Lighting - 6x24W Reefgeek retrofit in a DIY floating canopy

The rest TBA.

I will need suggestions for economical skimmers that perform at this load.

Myka 12-13-2009 05:03 PM

Good news Brett (both your wife and the tank)!!

How about a trusty ole EuroReef or Vertex?

Leah 12-13-2009 05:03 PM

That is Wonderful! Glad Brianne is doing so well and you get a tank!:biggrin:

JDigital 12-13-2009 05:23 PM

Don't you mean 2.5x2.5x1.5? :wink:

Awesome to hear about Brianne man, that's great news.

Lance 12-13-2009 05:43 PM

Great News! :purplebananna:

Skimmerking 12-13-2009 07:28 PM

awesome man Let me know if you switch to go to MH I have 1 xCoralvue 2x Galaxy ballasts with bulbs and reflectors if you want to run 1 MH in the tank say the word. i will give it to you to get you started we can work out hte shipping if you want no biggy.

just let me know and right on with the great news like I stated you made my day Brett.

christyf5 12-13-2009 07:38 PM

Great news about Brianne! She sounds like a tough bird :wink:

Glad to hear you're sticking with us :biggrin:

lobsterboy 12-13-2009 07:41 PM

respect

rjengen 12-13-2009 07:51 PM

I was watching the other tank, and I can't wait to see this one come to life. I have a vertex and I have to say it's a really good skimmer for the price...just my $0.02 :redface:

andestang 12-13-2009 10:01 PM

Wow, this is good news. Really glad to hear about your wife. How much of bioload/stock are you thinking of having ? I have a small in-sump Euroreef skimmer kicking around here somewhere's. Building your own stand again ?