Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

lastlight 01-12-2012 08:09 AM

I had to search the entire condo complex once. Found my box (worth nearly $800 to me) sitting in some tall weeds and grass in the backyard of a unit not even occupied! It happened to be the unit next to me (on the left) so they got close but I began my search walking to the right making it the last place I checked! I was using some colorful language that day! I started hunting after the tracking status changed to DELIVERED TO OWNER. Calling UPS was useless so out I went.

gregzz4 01-12-2012 08:15 AM

Guess he hid it so nobody could scoop it. Still, it sure gets under your skin.
The wife works afternoons, so she's mostly home when packages arrive if I'm out, but there have been enough times that the doorbell has woken her once too many times on the same morning :redface:

Madreefer 01-12-2012 09:26 AM

I ordered at $1350 skimmer and some other supplies and told store not to ship. They did anyways. Went away on a long weekend and package was dropped off on a Friday afternoon. Good thing I had asked a buddy to drive by sometime on weekend, he happen to check that day. Good thing as a public walkway goes by my house

MMAX 01-12-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madreefer (Post 670350)
I ordered at $1350 skimmer and some other supplies and told store not to ship. They did anyways. Went away on a long weekend and package was dropped off on a Friday afternoon. Good thing I had asked a buddy to drive by sometime on weekend, he happen to check that day. Good thing as a public walkway goes by my house

A $1350 skimmer would have made a skookum bong for some low life.

Madreefer 01-12-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMAX (Post 670357)
A $1350 skimmer would have made a skookum bong for some low life.

Ya I would think a lowlife wouldn't have any clue of the what the stuff is that gets left on our door steps if its anything related to this hobby. Probably would just end up throwing in to a ditch.

gregzz4 01-12-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madreefer (Post 670350)

Wonder how well a claim would go in that instance if it had gone for a walk
And that's my complaint with UPS, my front door stares straight down the sidewalk to the main road, only about 30 feet away

Nano 01-12-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 670407)
Wonder how well a claim would go in that instance if it had gone for a walk
And that's my complaint with UPS, my front door stares straight down the sidewalk to the main road, only about 30 feet away

Thats ridiculous. stupid UPS

gregzz4 01-12-2012 11:12 PM

Well, there ya go. I wait until I can wait no longer, and go out @ 2:00. I get back just now and sure enough, there's my box @ the door. Good bloody thing none of these have gone for a walk yet.

lockrookie 01-12-2012 11:24 PM

i refuse to ship ups if i can help it. thier ring and run mentality comes from some childhood prankster running the company. if we where comercial companies we would get more respect but residentail dropoff are in thier eyes a waste of time. i told off the ups guy here one day i doubt ill be getting any better service.

gregzz4 01-12-2012 11:39 PM

I pretty much have no choice as these orders were coming from BRS