Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Q&A (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Can we make a new policy in the buy/sell/trade forums? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100244)

madchild 08-26-2013 10:31 PM

Can we make a new policy in the buy/sell/trade forums?

Would it be possible to make a new requirement that people post the location (city/town) in the thread title

I like buying from these forums but I hate having to click the thread to find out where it is for sale.

A very common requirement for marketplace thread is:

[FS] "item(s)" [Location]

Prefix requirement would be nice to have as well

[FS] For Sale
[FT] For Trade
[WTB] Want To Buy

Please consider this.

This forum is powered by vBulletin, so it's not hard to implement making it required

Proteus 08-26-2013 10:41 PM

Most people do post FS,FF,FT,WTB. and location.
Most will also ship
Don't think it hurts to open a thread for a moment

spit.fire 08-26-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus99 (Post 841072)
Most will also ship

when you're on a phone it can be a pitb to figure out someones location, also not everyone has their location on their profile

Proteus 08-26-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spit.fire (Post 841077)
when you're on a phone it can be a pitb to figure out someones location, also not everyone has their location on their profile

Fair enough

Aquattro 08-26-2013 11:44 PM

The only thing I can enforce is location in the top right corner as profile info. Almost every member has it. I cannot force people to post locations in title without a lot more reading and reviewing, which I'm not inclined to do. Since most people probably want to click the thread to review details anyway, I think we're fine with that.

FishyFishy! 08-27-2013 01:20 PM

Thats pure lazyness really lol. It's just one little click man!

I'm the lazyest person ever and even I don't even think one little click is going to kill me ..

madchild 08-27-2013 10:13 PM

Its got absolutely nothing to do with laziness. Its got to do with the fact that I cant spend hours on the site looking through thousands of threads.

I also do most of my reading from a mobile device like an ipad or phone, where it takes 3 clicks to get to a persons profile to see their location.

Like its been said before, if the moderators don't have time to moderate and enforce the rules, add more moderators.

Most forums usually have mods dedicated to the marketplace forums to enforce these things (or they install add-ons to make these types of requirements)

you guys asked how can we make canreef better.. I for one think this is one simple way...

madchild 08-27-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus99 (Post 841072)
Most will also ship

I wouldnt say most, maybe half post location... most do post FS, FF, ect.

Myka 08-27-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madchild (Post 841070)
Would it be possible to make a new requirement that people post the location (city/town) in the thread title
[...]
A very common requirement for marketplace thread is:
[...]
[FS] "item(s)" [Location]
[..].
Please consider this.

This forum is powered by vBulletin, so it's not hard to implement making it required

Excellent suggestion.

duncangweller 08-27-2013 10:51 PM

I agree with madchild. Granted its a minor inconvenience, but it would take the poster a second to add it to the title

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4