Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lower Mainland (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   EUROQUATICS E5 LEDT5 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119132)

BobFish 04-15-2016 08:33 PM

EUROQUATICS E5 LEDT5

Can anyone speak on these bulbs, as to how good they are, think BBlinks had some?

spit.fire 04-16-2016 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobFish (Post 988995)
Can anyone speak on these bulbs, as to how good they are, think BBlinks had some?

i love em, im running them on two of my tanks (youve seen them)

gobytron 05-04-2016 03:22 PM

Just thought I'd update this.

Switched 2 T5's in an RSM250 over from stock T5 bulbs.

I am unimpressed.

I don't see the difference from T5 to these.

I was expecting/hoping for some better coloration and pop.

Really, they look almost identical to T5's and I think maybe not quite as nice as some higher end T5's like ATI.

My experience MAY be better if I had switched all bulbs over, but after seeing the two, I'm not going to try it and will be sticking with ATI.

gobytron 05-06-2016 04:26 PM

I've been looking into this a bit and it seems like there are 2 different opinions on these lights.

Some love them and some seem to be disappointed with the coloration.

I have noted that in a lot of the reviews I've read that are similar to mine, only 1 or 2 bulbs were switched out.

Whereas on a lot of the reviews that are very positive, it seems like all or most bulbs have been switched out...

I had really high hopes for this product, so I think I am going to pick up 2 more (for a total of 4 out of 6 bulbs) and revisit this thread.

The LED's come on a few seconds before the T5's do, and in that flash, things do look really nice, so I think there is some merit to this idea.

gmann 05-06-2016 07:17 PM

which E5's are you running atm?

thinking of adding them as supplement lights with my kessils

gobytron 05-06-2016 07:37 PM

I received a blue daylight in a trade and bought a blue pop from JL...

I want to add 2 more blue pop and see how things look.

If your Kessil is white-ish, the Blue Pops are probably the way to go.

I'm gonna pick a couple up this weekend, if I don't like them, I will be happy to sell them to you for a discount.

gmann 05-06-2016 07:41 PM

Im running my Kessils more on the blue side.

I was thinking 2 x Marine pink and 2 x blue daylight since they would only be running for 4-6 hours during the day

gobytron 05-06-2016 08:00 PM

I will say that it seems like the T5's drown out the euroquatics....so you may get better supplementation from T5's if you aren't worried about heat or power savings...

Would def be interested in your thoughts if you do get them.

gmann 05-06-2016 09:09 PM

wont be for a while. have a set of unused T5's to go through first.

gmann 05-09-2016 05:18 PM

which e5's are you running atm?

it seems I will have to make the switch sooner as my bulb selction makes everything look white even though they all say blue in their name :cry: