Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tv 55 or bigger (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=93722)

carnut 01-20-2013 12:26 AM

Tv 55 or bigger

We''l it's time to retire the old projection tv. Have been shopping around and they all seem around the same price with the same features. Anyone have a set they really recommend or i should really avoid? Any 3D users out there?

Thanks

BlueTang<3 01-20-2013 01:26 AM

Actually just bought a 70 inch sharp aquos last night. I was really tempted to go with the 55 inch samsung 3d led tho as it looked like a awesome tv. All the sales guys were trying to push Sony hard not sure why but when I researched Sony has had 2 million TVs recalled in the last 2 years so I stayed away. With 3d the Samsung you need the active glasses and other brands lg for example u can use passive. So much crap on a tv now a days I kept ours pretty basic limited options for smart tv and what not.

Proteus 01-20-2013 01:38 AM

I couldn't be bothered with 3d. I'm on my second sharp and when the tv down stairs goes ill be getting my third sharp

intarsiabox 01-20-2013 01:49 AM

I've been looking at a projector but it only comes in 3D/2D format not just 2D. I can't stand wearing those glasses to watch TV so I would prefer not paying extra for 3D capability. But from where I want to place the projector it would give me a 144" screen size and an amazing picture! Of course the wife thinks the 60" is plenty and doesn't think we need anything bigger, the picture is really great but after watching a projector at a friend's house I just can't get over how small 60" looks now.

scubadawg 01-20-2013 01:53 AM

I bought a Sharp AQUOS Quattron 60" a couple of years ago, highly recommended, I purchased the higher end model with the glass front panel, instead of the plastic front panel
I would recommend Visions, for the extended warranty.
I also have a HD projection system.

I wouldn't recommend 3D, it's not good enough yet.

NIVLEM09 01-20-2013 02:44 AM

I have the Samsung ES9000 and Samsung 6003 smart tvs,i love them:mrgreen:

Coleus 01-20-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intarsiabox (Post 784502)
I've been looking at a projector but it only comes in 3D/2D format not just 2D. I can't stand wearing those glasses to watch TV so I would prefer not paying extra for 3D capability. But from where I want to place the projector it would give me a 144" screen size and an amazing picture! Of course the wife thinks the 60" is plenty and doesn't think we need anything bigger, the picture is really great but after watching a projector at a friend's house I just can't get over how small 60" looks now.

i know what you are saying, I have 120" and still think it is small lol.

For buying TV, I would recommend buying one from costco because of easy return and warranty. Although their model is a little bit older than FS but man their replacement policy is just awesome.

RedCoralEdmonton 01-20-2013 06:46 AM

I got a 55 inch LG 3D TV with the player, 3 movies, 9 pairs of glasses for 1100 last year.... love the TV so far, and passive 3D is the way to go for glasses.... cant stand the charged ones.... a friend has them and the glasses are always out of juice.....

Steve

mohammadali 01-20-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueTang<3 (Post 784493)
Actually just bought a 70 inch sharp aquos last night. I was really tempted to go with the 55 inch samsung 3d led tho as it looked like a awesome tv. All the sales guys were trying to push Sony hard not sure why but when I researched Sony has had 2 million TVs recalled in the last 2 years so I stayed away. With 3d the Samsung you need the active glasses and other brands lg for example u can use passive. So much crap on a tv now a days I kept ours pretty basic limited options for smart tv and what not.

that 70" sharp TV work as a heater in the house :)
feel the screen its really warm

DAVE 01-20-2013 11:51 AM

For those of you that run a projector what do you use?