Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   reefing things I thought I would have learned by now (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48115)

christyf5 01-07-2009 04:12 AM

reefing things I thought I would have learned by now

1. don't touch that rock - remember last time it took you 2 hours to put the tank back together?

2. don't touch anything before taking the "post your tank shots here picture". clean the glass thats it. nobody will see that rock out of place.

3. don't touch that rock, touching it equals less real estate when the dust clears. and this happens every time you touch the rock.

4. if you touch that rock, forget the picture. There's so much crud floating in the tank now and your fingers are so pruney they can't work the camera

:rolleyes:

Trigger Man 01-07-2009 04:15 AM

I hear ya, everytime I decide to move some rockwork one of your 4 points happens, and I swear I will never do it again, and then again happens. I'm gonna have to print your 4 points and post it by my tank to remember.

christyf5 01-07-2009 04:23 AM

you know every time I do touch the rock I think of these things, then it gets overridden by this little voice that says "oh stop, it will just take a second..."

*sigh*

Trigger Man 01-07-2009 04:31 AM

exactly the same voice I hear, or else the "well if I just move this here" glad to know I'm not the only one that hears the voice.

Pan 01-07-2009 04:49 AM

don't poke your finger in the live rock looking for your moray :(

fish ruin corals...and corals ruin fish....how they ever get along in the ocean is beyond me :)

marie 01-07-2009 04:50 AM

The rock my blastos are attached to refuses to stay put even with a bunch of rock on top of it. I swear when I'm not looking it grows legs and trys to walk away

GreenSpottedPuffer 01-07-2009 04:55 AM

I always seem to think touching that rock will make things look better so I do and then about an hour later I am cursing and ****ed about touching that one rock...Then I give up because the lights go out on the tank, go to bed (I always seem to do this at night) and put it all back in the morning to how it was before I moved that one rock. :D

Actually I don't do that anymore...I just leave the tank alone now and rarely move anything but it seemed to take me a long time to learn that lesson.

tlo 01-07-2009 05:32 AM

I learned from my first tank...I just aquascaped my new 180 - and epoxyed the rock together. Now, no matter how much that rock looks like it's out of place, there will be no moving it for me :)

Aquattro 01-07-2009 05:46 AM

You just can't win with this. I kept looking in my tank, thinking "I should move that rock" , but no, I knew better. Never touch the rock, right? Well, the rock fell over, took a third of the tank with it. I shoulda touched the rock....

i have crabs 01-07-2009 12:47 PM

1. if i balance this frag here thier is know way it will fall behind the rockwork
2. my wife will like the tank so much she wont even care i got another one
3. my anemone hasnt moved in a long time i dont need foam on the powerheads