Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Miracle Aquariums constipation (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100110)

Basile 08-21-2013 07:09 PM

Miracle Aquariums constipation

Anybody here dealing or have dealth with Miracle Aquariums? I"m having some issues and would like to find out if i should proceed with them, i'm even having trouble paying for God sake, i have to go through a gauntlet of micro procedures. How did you find their services. I have another competitor who wants my business and i'm considering it, CAD LIGHT Aquariums.

reefwars 08-21-2013 07:24 PM

I'd go with concept aquariums for custom builds but I'm biased:p seriously though lots of positive builds :ppib

ScubaSteve 08-21-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 840015)
I'd go with concept aquariums for custom builds but I'm biased:p seriously though lots of positive builds :ppib

I'll second that. They make awesome tanks, are awesome guys and, when I was building my own tank, they gave me a tutorial on how to build awesome tanks. They know their stuff!

lastlight 08-21-2013 08:11 PM

years ago all you'd hear about were people across the USA ordering high-end tanks from Aquarium Obsessed and Miracles. The first went under and I've heard more and more stories about issues with quality and service from Miracles in the past few years. I'd personally go elsewhere.

michika 08-21-2013 08:31 PM

I'm not really sure if constipation is problem specific to Miracle...but I hear the solution is offten more ruffage in the diet.

Anyways...I'll also put in a thumbs up for Concept. They built me a custom 10.5ft L x 2ft Hx 3ft D tank in my basement from scratch. The price was awesome, the service was phenomenal, and it was so very quick!

Midway 08-21-2013 10:17 PM

Yup, I'd go concept aquariums all the way. They built my two sumps and a bunch of other tanks. Very happy with these guys. I recommend them 100%.

NorthernCoral 08-21-2013 11:06 PM

I had a tank built from miracles about 6 years ago when I lived in Ontario. Tank was a beaut but it sprang a leak about a year into its life. They replaced it at no charge but still was quite the hassle. I never delt with them directly I went through an lfs. My impression is that they give priority to the big fish and they don't worry to much about small custom builds. Seeing all the nice builds coming out of concept I would probably go with them if you are willing to pay the shipping.

PFoster 08-21-2013 11:13 PM

If you are going to get a tank from Miracles them I would go through your LFS which in your area would be Marinescape.

Basile 08-21-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PFoster (Post 840070)
If you are going to get a tank from Miracles them I would go through your LFS which in your area would be Marinescape.

I went through them through Paul , i had my credit card in my hand trying to pay half like they want ; since monday and that Dereck never returns calls , arrogant sob, tells me he doesn't want to talk to me just one person and Paul is the guy blah blah.... its wednesday, CAD Light want to build my tanks, they're here in Ottawa, delivered and installed for free. So what would be your reaction your the cllient, would you give your credit card number to that A hole :twised: ......

blennie 08-22-2013 12:04 AM

I purchased a tank from concept aquariums in Calgary. its shipping next week.
Denny is very easy to deal with.
the tank price was cheaper than miracles and for some reason the shipping quote was cheaper.. lol I guess Calgary is closer to Thunder Bay then Toronto.

call Denny he will make your choice very easy