Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only) (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   FREE - Sailfin Tang for pickup at YYC airport (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=99700)

SanguinesDream 08-05-2013 07:33 PM

FREE - Sailfin Tang for pickup at YYC airport

Regardless of having made it through both US and Cdn customs, screening for Air Canada would not allow a beautiful Sailfin Tang through with more than 100 ml of water.

So, I'd rather this gorgeous fish live than "slip it in with enough water to keep it wet and buy a bottle of water after through security to refill the bag" <-------Srsly.

It is at Air Canada in the main terminal at departures at oversized luggage. It is stressed out but it is a beautiful ORA Sailfin Tang. But it must be picked up today as it was packaged on Saturday and due to several delays over two days, it only has another day of oxygen.

I am already off to my final destination and Air Canada will hold it until someone picks it up. Thank you.

Nuttyreefer 08-05-2013 08:13 PM

Where in bc

icy.bing 08-05-2013 08:20 PM

yyc is in calgery

Hwyman 08-05-2013 08:43 PM

Sailfin Tang

I will head over and pick it up.

Hwyman 08-05-2013 09:26 PM

Tang

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hwyman (Post 835997)
I will head over and pick it up.

Or.....I will be second in line .... Better to have too many people try than to lose a nice fish!!!

Borderjumper 08-05-2013 09:36 PM

[quote=SanguinesDream;835985]Regardless of having made it through both US and Cdn customs, screening for Air Canada would not allow a beautiful Sailfin Tang through with more than 100 ml of water.

So, I'd rather this gorgeous fish live than "slip it in with enough water to keep it wet and buy a bottle of water after through security to refill the bag" <-------Srsly.

It is at Air Canada in the main terminal at departures at oversized luggage. It is stressed out but it is a beautiful ORA Sailfin Tang. But it must be picked up today as it was packaged on Saturday and due to several delays over two days, it only has another day of oxygen.

I am already off to my final destination and Air Canada will hold it until someone picks it up. Thank you.[/QUOTE

Did you not check Air Canada's screening requirements first before trying this??

Baker 08-05-2013 09:42 PM

Or no one gets it, nobody knows where it is.

Baker 08-05-2013 10:26 PM

Well I have to say that this was a lesson learnt. I saw this at about 2:15 this afternoon and thought 'why not? Save a fish, help a fellow Canreefer. Not doing much' got down there at 3:15 and no one knows where the fish is. Not air canada, not oversized baggage, no one! So after 45 minutes, I find that this person took it with them. Or thats what I was told. I have to admit, im Pi553D! Waisted almost 2 hours, almost 1/4 tank of gas and 8 f'in $ for parking.....

icy.bing 08-05-2013 10:29 PM

hey Baker, it is good to know that there are people out there willing to help. At least on the bright side, you earned my salute. =D

Borderjumper 08-05-2013 10:32 PM

hats off to you Baker!! You did your best.

IMO this fish was doomed the minute it was purchased:twised: