Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   DJ's Fifty Five New Pics Nov 7 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67223)

dnpbryan 08-15-2010 04:50 AM

DJ's Fifty Five New Pics Nov 7

4 Attachment(s)
So here it is, after 10 years away from the hobby I have returned to the insanity and addiction that I missed so much:biggrin:. I sold my 110 gal custom that I drug around the province unsetup since my departure. 1 month later I realized my mistake and bought this wife approved size and it has been running for about 6 months. At first I started collecting everything that I possibly could, as most of newbs have done. I battled both brown and red algae. Both of which enfuriated my wife. In the last little while things have really settled down. As you can see I ended up with a huge rock wall, not the look I wanted. After searching through the journal's I found the look I wanted, Lobsterboy's Tank is amazing. So here is my attempt. Hope you like it and the new outcome.If anyone has an easy way of adding these pics let me know

Thanks for looking DJ

Wingin It 08-15-2010 04:55 AM

Cool! thanks for sharing.

I suggest uploading your pics to www.photobucket.com or a similar site and then just insert the IMG code to your posts. That way we don't have to click the links and can just see the pics. Plus on photobucket you can edit and stuff.

dnpbryan 08-15-2010 02:41 PM

Thanks I ll try that

lastlight 08-15-2010 03:12 PM

Nice improvement with the lobstaLayout. That shot thru the cave is cool too.

Don't you just hate extended departures from this hobby? I hope to stay wet for a long time now myself!

Leah 08-15-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 541676)
I hope to stay wet for a long time now myself!

That just sounds.... WRONG. :lol:

Leah 08-15-2010 03:28 PM

Tank looks great! Did you ever get your flame? :biggrin: I really like the open look as well and have done that with my new tank too. :lol:

dnpbryan 08-15-2010 04:01 PM

I am on my way today to go get it and some others

Yeah, the cave shot looks sick.

And it was way to long to be away, staying wet sounds just right to me, where you at leah??

fishytime 08-15-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnpbryan (Post 541685)
And it was way to long to be away

I agree.....the tank looks better after the reno.......welcome back to the darkside:twised:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnpbryan (Post 541685)
staying wet sounds just right to me, where you at Leah??

Was that a come on???:razz:

Leah 08-15-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishytime (Post 541691)
I agree.....the tank looks better after the reno.......welcome back to the darkside:twised:

Was that a come on???:razz:

:p I think he meant where do I live, Doug. Get your mind out of the gutter for 2 minutes. I told Laurie to give you heck by the way. :lol:

And to answer his question... I am in Penticton.

dnpbryan 08-15-2010 07:17 PM

Just added Flame angle. 2 Bengai and a coco worm
woooohooo