Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Paypal? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50330)

MikeP 03-08-2009 07:49 PM

Paypal?

I'm signing up for a paypal account. Just wanted feedback from people who have one. I found it weird that they send you a couple small deposits to verify you've given your correct account info.

Trigger Man 03-08-2009 08:03 PM

I never got any small deposits Mike, for me I just hooked it up to my credit card, that way I feel double protected, as if there are any problems I can always call my credit card company to rectify the situation.

subman 03-08-2009 08:06 PM

Yeah it does seem strange but it works. I love buying with Paypal but hate selling with it. Just like with Visa the vendor has to jump through many hoops to get his money if there is a problem.

Carmen 03-08-2009 08:14 PM

Mike,
I have one and like triggerman have a small credit card used for online purchases attached to the account. No deposits for Credit Card, atleast when I signed up. Plus the added insurance through credit card if something should go "missing". Never had a problem with Paypal and have used it many times.

Carmen

freddy 03-08-2009 08:20 PM

I always use paypal,never had any problems,just hate the waiting period for money to be transfered to my paypal account.

likwid 03-08-2009 08:40 PM

They verify that you are the account holder, and are not signing up with someone else's information by making those small deposits. You then have to look at your bank account and input the amount that they gave you. It is a very good security measure. I have been using paypal for years and you have nothing to worry about.

ocean diver 03-08-2009 08:40 PM

yes had the small deposits made and then you can be confirmed, as some people will not ship to an unconfirmed address. As always if you receive money with PayPal there is a fee and yes the wait for the money to see your bank account. I do like it it is easy too use.

MikeP 03-08-2009 09:35 PM

Good stuff thanks for the info guys. I don't plan to use it all that much but it will be handy to have. The only way I could sign up was if I put in my account info. Maybe I can link to a credit card and delete my account info.

Thanks for the replies.

sphelps 03-08-2009 09:46 PM

Unless things have changed if you purchase something with paypal using a credit card your credit card company will not support you if you have any problems. You will have to deal with paypal directly.

I for one have had problems with paypal. After a one time purchase I got charged every week for the same item over and over again. Worst thing was my bank said they couldn't help me so I had to deal with paypal. Paypal basically said I was crazy and they were not charging me over and over, I actually had to fax in my statements to prove it. In the end it was a tremendous headache and a long process. I now only use it as a very last resort. I haven't heard of anyone else having a similar issue so I'm sure it's pretty rare but be very careful and watch your statements closely.

golf nut 03-08-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphelps (Post 397058)
Unless things have changed if you purchase something with paypal using a credit card your credit card company will not support you if you have any problems. You will have to deal with paypal directly.

I for one have had problems with paypal. After a one time purchase I got charged every week for the same item over and over again. Worst thing was my bank said they couldn't help me so I had to deal with paypal. Paypal basically said I was crazy and they were not charging me over and over, I actually had to fax in my statements to prove it. In the end it was a tremendous headache and a long process. I now only use it as a very last resort. I haven't heard of anyone else having a similar issue so I'm sure it's pretty rare but be very careful and watch your statements closely.

That is bizarre, hope you got it resolved finally, I have never had any issues with PayPal.