Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What would you like to see here? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104053)

titus 01-16-2014 03:09 PM

What would you like to see here?

Hello

Soliciting ideas and feedbacks here. What are the top items you wish to see here on Canreef but are not available or not done quite as good as how you think can be.

It's an open discussion I want to have. As long as it's related to the hobby, not criminal in nature, and can help or enhance your experience or make your time more enjoyable, I'd like to hear it.

Ideas captured and my responses are logged here.

Titus

Aquattro 01-16-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titus (Post 873745)
not criminal in nature

There go all my ideas! :)

Proteus 01-16-2014 03:24 PM

I would like to see more write ups on different types of systems weather Berlin, zeo, prodi. Cryptic.

Canreef is by far my go.to place to get info and would like to.have discussion and info here rather than being redirected to RC R2R OR ZEO forums. I know we are a small community but believe it can grow if information is localized

Reef Pilot 01-16-2014 03:28 PM

First, would like to say thank you to you, Titus, for making such a great forum available to us. I have participated (and even mod some) on quite a few forums, incl other hobbies, and have to say, this is one of the best, if not the best, in terms of functionality, great people, and overall value to me as a reef hobbyist. I think a lot of credit has to go to the mods as well, esp Brad, for keeping us all in line. Hope you look after them, too.

Not much more that I could ask for. But a couple things that I might be interested in involve subscriptions. Would be nice to be able to subscribe (and get emails) to a thread without having to first post on it. Also would be nice to be able to subscribe to a member, so I can follow their posts. Of course, it is entirely possible that these capabilities already exist, and I just haven't figured them out yet...

Aquattro 01-16-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reef Pilot (Post 873750)
Would be nice to be able to subscribe (and get emails) to a thread without having to first post on it.

Pretty sure that already exists under Thread Tools.

Aquattro 01-16-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 873752)
Pretty sure that already exists under Thread Tools.

Yup, it is an option.

Reef Pilot 01-16-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 873753)
Yup, it is an option.

Hmmm, and where would I find Thread Tools?

Aquattro 01-16-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reef Pilot (Post 873755)
Hmmm, and where would I find Thread Tools?

Should be right at the top of the thread, right hand side.

Scuba Diver Gal 01-16-2014 03:50 PM

Maybe this is here, but I would like to be able to find threads that certain users start. A compiled list….people are always saying "have you seen _____ tank build thread on Canreef?" Then I take forever trying to track it down.

Also, how to post photos…I have looked around and can't seem to find that….

And maybe both are here, but I just haven't found them yet. :)

Aquattro 01-16-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuba Diver Gal (Post 873757)
Maybe this is here, but I would like to be able to find threads that certain users start. A compiled list….people are always saying "have you seen _____ tank build thread on Canreef?" Then I take forever trying to track it down.

Also, how to post photos…I have looked around and can't seem to find that….

And maybe both are here, but I just haven't found them yet. :)

Search allows you to find all posts by username or threads started by username.

We did a thread on posting photos, but it's quite old and probably inaccurate now.
I think most people prefer using outside hosting sites then linking, but we can work on a how to