Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   POTM (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   POTM theme submissions (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82822)

muck 02-06-2012 06:04 PM

POTM theme submissions

Hello All,

Up till now the POTM theme has pretty much always been decided by the staff.
As we are always looking for new ideas and themes for the upcoming monthly POTM contest, here is your chance to have your ideas considered.

If you think you have a good idea and would like it to be considered for a future contest you can post it in this thread or if you prefer send them to me or your favorite canreef staff (is there such a thing :lol:) via PM.

Ryan

muck 02-06-2012 07:44 PM

and LIVE... :mrgreen:

lastlight 02-06-2012 07:45 PM

MOORISH IDOLS.

whatcaneyedo 02-06-2012 07:49 PM

Limpets

Aquattro 02-06-2012 07:56 PM

Best reef pic with a phone...

Skimmerking 02-06-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 679385)
Best reef pic with a phone...

I'm all for that one

sphelps 02-06-2012 08:11 PM

Here's what I got:

"New and Noteworthy" - Something new in your reef you feel like sharing but picture must be new (not previously posted on this forum).

"Pairs or Mates" - some kind of pair or mate from the typical stuff to the very weird, extra points for weird :razz:

"Pests" - Any kind of pest from algae to that nasty crab, Aiptasia also comes to mind.

"Crazy Colors" - Something with lots of color and lots of it... More colors the better.

"Make Your Own Theme" - Pic a theme, take a pic to capture it and share both the theme and pic. Extra points for creativity.

"Tentacles" - easy enough...

"The Forbidden" - pictures of what some might say "best kept in the ocean". Doesn't mean you actually have to keep such things but you might have a pic of something.

"Inspiration" - Something that shows what inspires/motivates you to keep a saltwater tank.

"Frags" - post pic of frag...

"Photoshop" - have some fun creating something unique with Photoshop or other editing program.

"Series" - Post 3 pictures that go together, could be like a montage or collage.

"Avatar" - take or make a pic that would make a good avatar.

"Camera Phone" - Picture using a camera phone, everyone has a camera phone right? Edit - beat to the punch on this one.

I'll post some more later as they come to me but feel she to shut me up whenever :lol:

MarkoD 02-06-2012 08:14 PM

How about a photo of live stock interaction?

Eg: cleaner wrasse cleaning another fish, clowns hosting anemone, fish spawning activity, etc....

sphelps 02-06-2012 08:39 PM

It also might be fun to try some really vague themes. I know some people on the forum feel they can't compete with whatever equipment they have but if the theme is something "delicate", "dangerous", "timid", "moody", "strange", or "contrast" it becomes more about who can demonstrate the theme better rather than who can take the best picture of a "whatever".

Aquattro 02-06-2012 08:48 PM

Best shot of another reefer working in/on/under tank...