Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   DIY (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Grizz's DIY Heat sink & LED build / showing all colors (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80996)

eli@fijireefrock.com 01-04-2012 02:51 PM

Hey Greg hope you are feeling better.
By the way if you still need that doser send me your adress and phone number for me to ship it tomorrow.
Oh sorry didn't mean to hijack :biggrin:

The Grizz 01-04-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elias@caco3reef.com (Post 667644)
Hey Greg hope you are feeling better.
By the way if you still need that doser send me your adress and phone number for me to ship it tomorrow.
Oh sorry didn't mean to hijack :biggrin:

Address on the way :biggrin:

Skimmerking 01-04-2012 02:52 PM

well get it up there Greg and get it going man. that light looks amazing man. well done

The Grizz 01-04-2012 03:03 PM

Hope to have it up on the tank by the weekend & hopefully I feel better to because I have to do something with the load pump that will probably involve some replumbing.

Bblinks 01-04-2012 06:03 PM

Grizz, the built is amazing. looking forward to see it on the tank. That's gonna be a lot of light for the 165, what kind of corals are you planning to keep?

no_bs 01-04-2012 06:41 PM

Very nice indeed. Patiently waiting for the test drive.:boink:

The Grizz 01-04-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 667692)
Grizz, the built is amazing. looking forward to see it on the tank. That's gonna be a lot of light for the 165, what kind of corals are you planning to keep?

It will be a lot of light for the 165 gal so that means I must get my arse in gear & get the 300 gal built. :biggrin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_bs (Post 667699)
Very nice indeed. Patiently waiting for the test drive.:boink:

Just waiting for 1 driver for the 2nd set of XPG's, should be here by Friday I hope.

waynemah 01-04-2012 08:38 PM

I think your going to very pleased, everything that I didn't like about my build you have resolved. Looking forward to see this thing in action!

The Grizz 01-04-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waynemah (Post 667733)
I think your going to very pleased, everything that I didn't like about my build you have resolved

What did you not like about your build Wayne?

waynemah 01-04-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 667754)
What did you not like about your build Wayne?

LED layout -- When the light hits the water just right you can see lines of white and blue on the sand bed :( The shimmer is over powering.

Color Spektrum -- I dont think I have the right spektrum or my rock is too bright, only time will tell. Right now everything seems washed. I've added Zeovit, but I dont think its the corals.

JBJ connectors vs Plug and play -- It's way cleaner to go with the modular led setup. I picked up a used kit for my nano, it's a VERY slick product.