Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Macna 2015 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111725)

hunggi74 01-23-2015 05:25 AM

Macna 2015

Just out of curiosity, is anyone planning on attending Macna 2015 in Washington, DC?

Any tips for a Macna newbie?

Bayside Corals 01-23-2015 05:39 AM

Not going this year. Waiting for it to go back to Florida! Party Time Haha.

As for tips, Bring lots of money you will see lots of things you will want to buy! :)

Craigdillman 01-23-2015 01:03 PM

How does that work can you buy frags from the and bring them home? Or just equipment

Aqua-Digital 01-23-2015 02:17 PM

we will be there double booth prime location right as you walk in! see you there on our GHL North America booth.

Myka 01-23-2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby Bay (Post 931794)
Not going this year. Waiting for it to go back to Florida! Party Time Haha.

MACNA 2016 is in New Orleans. I'm not keen on MACNA with no ocean nearby either. New Orleans sounds like a good plan.

mseepman 01-23-2015 03:24 PM

Wow Mindy, you have the inside track? Usually those aren't announced until the dinner at the 2015. I mentioned to my better half the thought on going and she frowned at me. Haven't run it past her again. I hate to miss more than one year though.

I would for sure be into New Orleans though.

Myka 01-24-2015 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mseepman (Post 931829)
Wow Mindy, you have the inside track? Usually those aren't announced until the dinner at the 2015. I mentioned to my better half the thought on going and she frowned at me. Haven't run it past her again. I hate to miss more than one year though.

I would for sure be into New Orleans though.

Haha, I don't know if it's "official" or set in stone yet. Rumor mill maybe. I was really hoping to go this year, but Washington DC? Meh. Miami was AWESOME! Let's plan for New Orleans! I think I'm going to go to the MBI Conference in July in Michigan this year instead. As least it's on a lake. ;)

hunggi74 01-24-2015 10:16 PM

I'm not too picky where they hold it. Im just glad to be able to attend my first one at all. Really looking forward to seeing all the new equipment we keep reading about in person. Bringing $$$ is a given :lol: plus we've never been to DC so that should make for a good family trip with wife and two young boys.
Can the Macna vets better explain the raffle system they use there? Am I right in thinking one buys tickets for set amount of money and places tickets into the box for prize we want to win? Thanks!

Scythanith 01-25-2015 12:31 AM

Lots of great museums in DC!

carnut 01-25-2015 11:44 AM

they have draws everyday. One in the early afternoon and another around4. Yes the best deal is buying the blocks of tickets ahead of time. The boxes for all the draws are set in one area. you just walk around the area and put tickets in the boxes that interest you.

2016 has rumours for new Orleans , Florida, California.