Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   any reefcouples?? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105116)

reefwars 02-22-2014 07:45 PM

any reefcouples??

time to change things up a bit from the every day salt poll :mrgreen: and noticed quite a few couples on here so figured id actually see who has there better half as a member as well?

well there's "reefwars" and "misses.reefwars" ....original i know but yah shes hooked too:P

who else??

cheers

denny

Aquattro 02-22-2014 07:55 PM

My wife tolerates my hobby, best I'm going to get :)

iceman86 02-22-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 882063)

Same here, although when I manage to bring her to the lfs she always wants to buy all the "pretty ones"

Leah 02-22-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 882063)

As long as it is not you she tolerates...thats a good thing. :wink:

SeaHorse_Fanatic 02-22-2014 08:28 PM

My wife enjoys the reef tanks. She's actually the one who "insisted" that I switch from fw to sw. She was far more enthused about reefing the first few years but now she is more in her "like but not too involved" stage. My daughter Felicia is far more interested in reefing and enjoys going to LFS and to frag swaps & fish club meetings than anyone else in my family.

Anthony

Aquattro 02-22-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 882071)
As long as it is not you she tolerates...thats a good thing. :wink:

Ya, she doesn't have much tolerance for me at all. Apparently I can be difficult..:razz:

WarDog 02-22-2014 08:37 PM

My wife was against my transition from fresh to salt mostly because of the cost. However, now that the tank is almost ready to get wet, I find her more and more interested. She has started to contribute ideas about stocking lists. I suspect in a couple years she might want her own tank (she seems to like seahorses a lot).

Reefer Rob 02-22-2014 08:53 PM

My wife enjoys looking at the tank, and it was partially her idea to get the larger tank. Her only real involvement is to stop me from doing stupid things... which of course is invaluable.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Proteus 02-22-2014 09:00 PM

My wife use to sit in the truck while I was at lfs sending endless text on how she's ready to go. Lol

But since she's gotten her own tank she enjoys it more and I get two tanks maintain :-)

smokinreefer 02-22-2014 09:03 PM

my wife bought our (last, just retired it and upgraded to a 65) tank for me as my wedding gift almost 5yrs ago.

she knew I enjoyed the hobby even though we didn't have a tank in our home.

she even surprised me with a mystery wrasse for valentines a couple years back!

and now, I enjoy it more knowing I have her and the kids to share it with!