Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Alberta (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   LFS in Calgary? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79543)

Gripenfelter 10-27-2011 09:12 PM

LFS in Calgary?

What are the good LFS places to visit in Calgary?

parkinsn 10-27-2011 09:20 PM

The only ones worth it,

Red Coral
Concept
Ocean City
Golds

But there is also
Wai's
Big Als
Picies
Riverfront

Jackie 10-27-2011 09:45 PM

Where is Concept?
Wai's is OK too
Big al is waste of time
RiverFront, have not been there for years

parkinsn 10-27-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackie (Post 645657)
Where is Concept?
Wai's is OK too
Big al is waste of time
RiverFront, have not been there for years

19th street just noth of 32nd ave. Sort of behind Big als.

Wai's gets some nice stuff dont get me wrong, but his prices are WAY to high.

Riverfront is the same ole riverfront just a face lift, still poorly kept live stock and poor service.

reefwars 10-27-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkinsn (Post 645661)

Riverfront is the same ole riverfront just a face lift, still poorly kept live stock and poor service.

i haggle with the dude at wais its funny to see...he really doesnt like to budge but then he does lol

and heyt big als may suck but they had some mangroves when i was there last and they didnt know how much they were supposed to sell them for...she said previously they were 20 bucks....i said ok sooooo how much then...she said idk $5 i said awesome ill take 2 lol:) ahhh gotta love when management is not around lol

spawn 10-27-2011 11:07 PM

[quote=reefwars;645670]i haggle with the dude at wais its funny to see...he really doesnt like to budge but then he does lol

hahahahahhaahahahahahhahaha yes!:twised:

Harpo 10-27-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkinsn (Post 645661)

WAI's I would stay away if you are a Newb to salt water. He will sell you whatever...give bad advice and charges WAI too much. Didn't take me long to figure out he was in it just for the $$$$ and not the safety and health of the fish. Some nice stock though...if it's still alive. JUST MY OPINION THOUGH.

The Grizz 10-28-2011 12:34 AM

I have ALWAYS got great deals from Dennis @ Wai's. My purple tip elegance cost me $55 & it was huge. The only one that I have seen that nice any where else was almost $100.

I asked the same question about local store several yrs ago & I personally decided to got to all the shop's that deal with fresh water to make my own opinion. I have also got some really nice deals at Big Al's but only when Ryan & Megan are working.

reefmaster12345 10-28-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkinsn (Post 645633)
The only ones worth it,

Red Coral
Concept
Ocean City
Golds

But there is also
Wai's
Big Als
Picies
Riverfront

Riverfront is the worst he is a scamer other priced and he cant take care of **** says his leo ray is the nicest in calgary my brother has one of the nicest leopoldi in canada and the 2 rarest rays in the world

The Grizz 10-28-2011 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefmaster12345 (Post 645759)
Riverfront is the worst he is a scamer other priced and he cant take care of **** says his leo ray is the nicest in calgary my brother has one of the nicest leopoldi in canada and the 2 rarest rays in the world

So true, went there once & only once.