Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Why Iphone Is Worth The Money (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79545)

gobytron 10-28-2011 03:04 PM

unless you wear a suit to work...lol
I couldnt do half the marketing I do now without BBM.

BB is currently entrenched in the business world and that is probably their one and only saving grace.

I know in my world, if you walk into a boardroom with an iphone or android, no one takes you too seriously and so much gets done over bbm its crazy.

still, I admit iphone or androids make better toys than a bb.

Aquattro 10-28-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobytron (Post 645928)
I know in my world, if you walk into a boardroom with an iphone or android, no one takes you too seriously and so much gets done over bbm its crazy.

Our boardroom has people with both :) The company supported BB and their personal smart phone.

globaldesigns 10-28-2011 04:01 PM

K, here is my 2 cents:

I have always been a BB guy, it was a great phone, good quality, and for me for business there was no other.

However.... Over the past year I have had several issues, down-times (from blackberry issues), so not always getting my texts or emails. But Phone always worked flawlessly

Last Straw... The BIG downtime of 2 weeks ago. It was so bad, that my phone kept locking up trying to do the text/email processes. I would go to use the phone and it would be a white screen of death. I would put it down and let it sit, and eventually it came back, but took about 5 minutes each time.

So I abondanded the BB. Looked at the Android, as I am tech guy, and they are good. But went with the IPhone 4s, because it was brand new and Apple has a market share on phones, so thought go with another big name.

By no means am I an apple promotor, but I will say this IPhone 4s is so much more. It absolutely out performs the Blackberry BOLD 9700 I had.

lastlight 10-28-2011 04:02 PM

My boardroom is strictly Apple. iMac and iPhone. I don't even allow BBM users in there. My bed is also in there as well as a bunch of clothes all over my floor.

parkinsn 10-28-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 645940)
My boardroom is strictly Apple. iMac and iPhone. I don't even allow BBM users in there. My bed is also in there as well as a bunch of clothes all over my floor.

Sounds classey. Clean or dirty clothes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samw (Post 645876)
why does a phone cost more than my gaming laptop?

Cuz apparently you need a better gaming lap top or you got a great deal on your Alienware lap top.

ponokareefer 10-28-2011 04:19 PM

My wife owns the iPhone 3G and she recently upgraded to a iPhone 4S. It was the only phone that either of us has owned over the last 10 years that lasted the full 3 years of the contract. It was clearly built to last.

The only blackberry either of us owned died 1 week after the warranty expired and Rogers wouldn't do anything for me over the phone or going into the store. Complete crap.

Bblinks 10-28-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckgod420 (Post 645922)
blackberry is trash

what did the iphone say to blackberry?

Iwork!:mrgreen:

I'll be here all week.

StirCrazy 10-28-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by globaldesigns (Post 645938)
Last Straw... The BIG downtime of 2 weeks ago. It was so bad, that my phone kept locking up trying to do the text/email processes. I would go to use the phone and it would be a white screen of death. I would put it down and let it sit, and eventually it came back, but took about 5 minutes each time.

um.. that sounds like there was a problem with your phone its self.. all the outage for 1 day in canada did was delay e-mails and BBM's. mine wasn't working properly for all of 4 hours but the phone and internet worked perfectly the whole time as these are not routed through there secure server like e-mail and BBM are.

Steve

cale262 10-28-2011 05:25 PM

I'm a mac guy all the way but BB security systems are the reason most companies, including the one I contract to currently insist on using them...when the network isn't down :wink:

MarkoD 10-28-2011 05:32 PM

I have a bb as well. As my work phone. It was minus 2 today and the speaker is all crackling now. What junk. Can't even act as a phone properly