Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Fernie or Kicking Horse? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59435)

Triggz 01-01-2010 04:09 AM

Fernie or Kicking Horse?

Would like to go snowboarding for a few days next week. I was thinking either Fernie or Kicking Horse... I haven't been to either so not really sure if one is better than the other for riding. Also, someone told me if I go to Fernie drive the safe way...Which way is the "safe" way haha (from Calgary) ?

cuz 01-01-2010 04:36 AM

can't go wrong with either!! personally i go to Fernie alot more.. I dunno about the safe way?? i would assume by safe they might mean straight south, then west on highway 3?? Kind of a long drive for ya!!

Triggz 01-01-2010 04:43 AM

Yeah the drive might suck hahaha. This is my first winter in Calgary and I would like to hit up as many different mountains as I can this year. I plan on going for 3 days so I thought I would go somewhere a bit further away, then just make day trips to closer mountains. It's been years since I have been on a true mountain so im pretty stoked!

cuz 01-01-2010 04:45 AM

deffinately fernie then!!! if the powder doesn't put a smile on your face the scenery will!!

Triggz 01-01-2010 05:14 AM

Fernie it is! I was on their website and they have some pretty good mid-week deals. Fresh powder always puts a smile on my face!:mrgreen:

blueyota 01-01-2010 07:25 PM

yup i would say fernie right now ...conditions are really good ...kicking horse needs some fresh snow ....i have been to both in the last two weeks ....

blueyota 01-01-2010 07:28 PM

oh and if you do go to fernie you might want to take a day and go to castle mountain ....really fun hill and no line ups at all its only an hour away from fernie and you have to drive past it to get to fernie .....Its a hidden gem!!!!:mrgreen:

Triggz 01-01-2010 08:08 PM

Just finished booking the trip! Staying at Lizard Creek Lodge for 3 days.. Huge Suite with a King Bedroom + Loft bedroom, full kitchen, living room w/ gas fireplace, balcony... Only $149 a night!!!!! The guy was sayin regular price is like $400+ a night!

Soooo Stoked!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Navigator 01-01-2010 10:11 PM

It's a good call to do Fernie now, it can lose snow very early. I was at Louise in March once and the people I was talking to had planned Fernie but they had already lost their snow.

If you really like powder, the mountains in the interior of BC are fantastic. I was at Big White for Reading Week one year and even three days after snowfall was finding fresh powder in the trees. 3 meters of base! It was awesome. I really like Silver Star and Big White.

Triggz 01-02-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navigator (Post 477300)
It's a good call to do Fernie now, it can lose snow very early.

Good to know! I have heard Big White can get some epic powder!! Have to throw it on the "hit list"