Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Chinese market can't recreate vortech you say? Think again! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=95906)

mrhasan 03-20-2013 02:00 AM

Chinese market can't recreate vortech you say? Think again!

Found this....looks extremely promising for those who can't afford a vortech ;)

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/03/19/jebao-wp40/

toytech 03-20-2013 02:06 AM

At 150 they are a 100 cheaper than an mp 10 , directional like a tunze , but also designed and made in china and honestly for that reason alone i would stick with something i know . If it nuked my tank because of chemical leaching or stray voltage id be pretty ticked.

mrhasan 03-20-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toytech (Post 803927)
At 150 they are a 100 cheaper than an mp 10 , directional like a tunze , but also designed and made in china and honestly for that reason alone i would stick with something i know . If it nuked my tank because of chemical leaching or stray voltage id be pretty ticked.

Well my only complain is the price. Like you have mentioned, $100 extra and you are getting a much better insurance.

I was expecting it to be like $80-$100; then it would look appealing. But still, hats of the the chinese market; they are just making this hobby affordable :)

kien 03-20-2013 02:26 AM

Interesting. Looks like what would happen if a hot looking MP40 went out, got plastered and made some bad choices with a smooth talking Tunze resulting in a love child. I'm sure both of them would regret the evening and be wondering how they could let such a thing happen.

imisky 03-20-2013 02:43 AM

isnt that more a tunze 6055 then a vortech....one of the biggest selling feature of the vortech line is the fact that there is no electricity (wires) in the tank. Looks to me like Tunze, so still Chinese cant recreate the vortech :)

mrhasan 03-20-2013 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imisky (Post 803945)
isnt that more a tunze 6055 then a vortech....one of the biggest selling feature of the vortech line is the fact that there is no electricity (wires) in the tank. Looks to me like Tunze, so still Chinese cant recreate the vortech :)

The reef crest is vortech's innovation. Tunze can't do that.

They have recreated some of the special affects of vortech and not the look. Like Kien said, its the love child. Maybe the second one will have the look of vortech ;)

imisky 03-20-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhasan (Post 803948)
The reef crest is vortech's innovation. Tunze can't do that.

They have recreated some of the special affects of vortech and not the look. Like Kien said, its the love child. Maybe the second one will have the look of vortech ;)

reef crest is a set of codes that we ourselves can program into an arduino board. I wouldnt say that is what Vortechs are really known for, and to be honest Tunzes can do "reef crest" if they actually used a programmable controller (PWM) instead of a timer based (hardware) controller. Though that's not to say you cant make reef crest with hardware timers and a little variable resistor, but thats not very efficient.

When you ask anyone in the hobby/ industry what vortechs are, the first thing that'll pop into their minds I would guess would be the features of it being magnet driven and no electricity in water.

Still not a vortech :) its more a tunze with more modes

mrhasan 03-20-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imisky (Post 803951)
reef crest is a set of codes that we ourselves can program into an arduino board. I wouldnt say that is what Vortechs are really known for, and to be honest Tunzes can do "reef crest" if they actually used a programmable controller (PWM) instead of a timer based (hardware) controller. Though that's not to say you cant make reef crest with hardware timers and a little variable resistor, but thats not very efficient.

When you ask anyone in the hobby/ industry what vortechs are, the first thing that'll pop into their minds I would guess would be the features of it being magnet driven and no electricity in water.

Still not a vortech :) its more a tunze with more modes

Ah arduino...I don't like programming stuffs :razz:

I stick with love child....suits better :lol:

reefwars 03-20-2013 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imisky (Post 803951)

yup, wireless to other ecotech products is always nice too.

imisky 03-20-2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhasan (Post 803952)
Ah arduino...I don't like programming stuffs :razz:

I stick with love child....suits better :lol:

lol the shape alone screams tunze :) Dont have to like programming to understand that this isnt a vortech haha, or anywhere close to one. I would guess you can even take the controller and rig it onto a tunze and have a tunze "upgrade"