Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   The Reef Network (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Interest in Frag Auction (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64586)

Reef Network 05-18-2010 10:29 PM

Interest in Frag Auction

We were thinking of putting on a frag Auction. We would like to gauge your interest in this. Could you please post here if you would be interested in this.

We have put together three of these events on so far. Two were Auction style and the third was a silent Auction. We would also like your input on which style you would like to have.

RN

Ron99 05-18-2010 10:40 PM

I would be interested and liked the silent auction style of the last one. Maybe make the bidding periods a bit shorter to speed things up but otherwise it was good and doing as a silent auction allows socializing time during the whole procedure as well.

pterfloth 05-18-2010 10:46 PM

I would be interested in a frag swap meet. I don't really care for an auction format because I have to wait around until the end. There doesn't seem to be any point to coming early or on time. I'd rather arrive on time, sell what I have, get what I want and go.

untamed 05-18-2010 10:53 PM

I'm interested. I've got some stuff to move out...and I would like to get some stuff too!

I would rather just do a buy/sell/trade...whatever...meeting. Keeping to a rigid format of auctioning seemed to make the process go on too long.

Bring stuff...sell it for whatever you want as quickly as you want. Hang around a buy stuff..or leave. It is completely up to you and enables people to come and go to suit their own schedules.

Marlin65 05-18-2010 11:06 PM

Same here buy sell and leave.

hockey nut 05-19-2010 12:02 AM

I like the idea of bringing some stuff to sell and buy some stuff while your there and visit. The silent auction is a good idea but went on too long imo.

Reefer Rob 05-19-2010 12:25 AM

How about a buy and sell and an auction. Might keep the auction small that way. I'd sell some frags both ways.

Chowder 05-19-2010 12:42 AM

I am interested. Like the idea of the silent auction. I think it would be better if the times were shorter. It would definetly take the work off of one person like the auction style did. Also maybe setting a maximum amount of pieces would make the process go more quick.As a seller last Auction was ok but not to many people showed up. So the people who were there got some real good deals. Would also be interested in a frag sale idea like a garage sale. Having both frags and used equipment for sale.

Chris

christyf5 05-19-2010 01:01 AM

I like the sped up silent auction and then swap part for equipment.

Ah who am I kidding, I'll be there regardless of what it is :razz:

Chowder 05-19-2010 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 519927)
I like the sped up silent auction and then swap part for equipment.

Ah who am I kidding, I'll be there regardless of what it is :razz:

How is that joker favia growing for you?