Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only) (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   once in a lifetime opportunity.....GVRD (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118614)

Cujo#31 03-12-2016 05:29 AM

once in a lifetime opportunity.....GVRD

To make a very long story relatively short, I have somehow been "gifted" many, many, many 33 gallon tanks, a couple 4x8 frag tables, and a bunch of miscellaneous goodies. This can only be described as a once in a lifetime oportunity.
My intention is to establish some sort of GVRD reefer's co-op. We can utilize the frag tables as a frag over - flow, and the tanks as fish refuge, for those "crap I should not have bought this fish", a safety net for "my tank is crashing" or " I need a hospital tank now" or " I'm moving and need some place for my livestick".....you get the picture. I'm looking for like-minded individuals. There is plenty of time to make a game plan. What we don't have is time to get the resources out. I need volunteers, and individuals who are willing to be part of the plan. Those of you with the "for profit" or personal gain motive need not apply.
We have a fantastic oportunity here to do something truly wonderful and unique for the hobby. I won't allow this to be screwed up by personal agenda. Who is in????

SeaHorse_Fanatic 03-12-2016 07:12 AM

Depending on my work schedule, I may be able to help. Unfortunately, late March is my busiest time of year since its end of term for my university students.

fixerupper 03-12-2016 12:14 PM

Good Luck

What a great community spirit you guys have. Good luck with the endeavour. I wish I was there to pitch in.

reef-keeper 03-12-2016 01:41 PM

Either you or I'm in the wrong province. This is a great idea.

KPG007 03-12-2016 02:48 PM

Hi Gary,

I may be able to help from time to time and can offer some ideas into operations. Let me know how I can help.

Kelly

Etaloche 03-12-2016 06:19 PM

Count me in please! :biggrin:

msjboy 03-12-2016 07:14 PM

Interested to assist what I can... any reefer clubs out in the world doing the same coop idea - perhaps do a search? Where will this be?

Reeferamir1 03-12-2016 07:35 PM

Help

I would like to be involved but where would this be based? I live in Langley and also how much time is required? If I have time I would help out as much as I can great idea. Great spirit

byee 03-12-2016 07:36 PM

once in a lifetime opportunity.....GVRD

Where will the co-op be located?
What skill sets do you required?
What roles do you need filled?
What's required - hardware? Soft skills?

There are also lots of other great questions posted in the thread by other Canreef members.

I understand the concept of co-ops - MEC, REI evolved into million dollar companies.

What's your objective? Membership? Vision?

Thoughts?

chwkreefer 03-12-2016 10:59 PM

There are some great questions being asked. I'm interested too.