Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New Life Spectrum (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=109907)

Steve... 10-22-2014 03:16 AM

New Life Spectrum

Who in Calgary sales New Life Spectrum fish food?

Skimmer Juice 10-22-2014 05:52 AM

I have been getting mine at golds for years

Nate 10-22-2014 03:11 PM

NLS

NLS distributor rep here...

Every store has access, and....every store should have stock.

On a side note...who has seen the new ich medicated/internal parasite food(s) from NLS, some stores now have it in stock. Feed it to your reef tank should you have any problems!

Trigger Man 10-25-2014 03:45 AM

Can the ick medicated/internal parasite food be used as preventative measure as well, or should it only be used when symptoms start to show up?

Nate 10-25-2014 01:59 PM

Depends

I probably wouldn't continue feeding the food 24/7/365.

Personally I would use the ich medicated food when signs are present, and maybe for a day or 2 when adding new fish.

The internal medicine one I would do a round when adding new fish and use particularly on anything that you are having trouble putting weight on .

Steve... 10-25-2014 05:18 PM

has anyone use this product?

mikellini 10-26-2014 02:50 AM

I'm very interested in the Ick and Hex medicated food. Makes so much sense, I mean if a person gets an infection (especially an internal parasite), we take a pill, no? The active ingredient in the Ick food is an anti-malarial (chloroquine or such), and the active ingredient in the Hex food is metronidazole. Makes perfect sense to me. I'll be picking some up.

Plus, if you're careful with feeding and run carbon, no need to remove the fish from a reef.

Nate 10-26-2014 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikellini (Post 918376)
I'm very interested in the Ick and Hex medicated food. Makes so much sense, I mean if a person gets an infection (especially an internal parasite), we take a pill, no? The active ingredient in the Ick food is an anti-malarial (chloroquine or such), and the active ingredient in the Hex food is metronidazole. Makes perfect sense to me. I'll be picking some up.

Plus, if you're careful with feeding and run carbon, no need to remove the fish from a reef.

Nailed it. Just makes sense. So far the stores in town that have it are (in no particular order)

Golds, Pisces, Oceans, Riverfront, Wais, concept.

I've used it on two transferred regal tangs (that usually seem to get a few spots when moved) in two tanks, and they both fought it off.

Remember, the only issue with the food I see is if your damn clownfish start feeding the anemone.

Nate 10-26-2014 03:34 AM

unrelated note

On an unrelated note, I have been using chemipure blue when using medicated foods.

Seems to do the trick and provides you with mega clear water!

NAte

notclear 10-26-2014 12:45 PM

If this food touches the corals in a reef tank, will it kill the corals?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk