Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Marine Fish (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   tang suggestion (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76098)

tgoeujon 06-07-2011 06:36 PM

tang suggestion

first its goin in a 110 tall (48x18x30) ive already got a tomini tang and i want to add another tang but want to avoid other species that wont get along with it. anybody have some suggestions to try or avoid?

lpsreefer 06-07-2011 09:21 PM

naso i think would be okay. i almost had mine eating outta my hand.
or maybe a sailfin.

Bblinks 06-08-2011 12:09 AM

+1 on the naso, very passive fish. Also hippo will be a good choice too, but watch out for ich cause they are a magnet for it. My ultimate pick will be an achillies...I freakin love this fish, but buyer beware, very hard to keep.

fishytime 06-08-2011 12:24 AM

I disagree with all recommendations......hippos, nasos and sailfins get way too big for a four foot long tank.....IME...and achillies dont get huge but seem to do best in large tanks...think about a yellow, purple or scopas....all beautiful fish that dont need a swimming pool:wink:.....

Bblinks 06-08-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishytime (Post 617695)
I disagree with all recommendations......hippos, nasos and sailfins get way too big for a four foot long tank.....IME...and achillies dont get huge but seem to do best in large tanks...think about a yellow, purple or scopas....all beautiful fish that dont need a swimming pool:wink:.....

Oops, didn't consider the tank size, just thought about temperament. My bad.:redface:

lastlight 06-08-2011 01:15 AM

My kole does great in about that much water. Not sure about compatibility though as I've only ever had the kole.

naesco 06-08-2011 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgoeujon (Post 617642)
first its goin in a 110 tall (48x18x30) ive already got a tomini tang and i want to add another tang but want to avoid other species that wont get along with it. anybody have some suggestions to try or avoid?

Consider getting another fish other than a tang because of the size of your tank.
But if you are really into tangs it is a good reason to upgrade to a 6 footer.

sully08 06-14-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishytime (Post 617695)

How would a naso do in a 220g, i like like look of this fish but not sure how big they get

Coleus 06-14-2011 03:05 PM

can i suggest sohal tang? (just to mess with fishytime)

globaldesigns 06-14-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coleus (Post 618251)
can i suggest sohal tang? (just to mess with fishytime)

HEHE, oh boy Doug's going to blow :biggrin:

Sohal is a great fish, but they do like to swim and the tend to be too aggressive. I myself have one and love him. I got lucky and he is passive, but he does like to move when he wants to. My tank is 5 ft long, but I do have the width and depth also.