Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dolphin Pumps (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=95486)

Goatman 03-07-2013 06:46 PM

Dolphin Pumps

Anyone know where you can buy these pumps online? (canada...or a good us site).

I miss the quietness of them and want another one.

lastlight 03-07-2013 06:52 PM

Marine Depot in the US. Not sure I've ever seen them for sale through a Canadian vendor. Haven't heard mention of these in ages.

Goatman 03-07-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 799832)
Marine Depot in the US. Not sure I've ever seen them for sale through a Canadian vendor. Haven't heard mention of these in ages.

I know....I'm just not that current on whats new out there..and my last ones were dead quiet

lastlight 03-07-2013 07:00 PM

I'd look into the newer DC range of pumps. I'm really amazed at how efficient they are compared to the older AC pumps. From what people are saying they're also pretty quiet too.

Goatman 03-07-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 799838)
I'd look into the newer DC range of pumps. I'm really amazed at how efficient they are compared to the older AC pumps. From what people are saying they're also pretty quiet too.

I was going to check out wave...something or other waveline maybe...i like the features....and least i think i did. Guess i would have to see one running at a store or something....to be fully satisfied. i guess i should read up on the newer tech a bit more.

lastlight 03-07-2013 07:11 PM

Concept Aquatics in town sells Waveline/Speedwave pumps. I'm sure they have one running for you to take a look at.

Goatman 03-07-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 799847)
Concept Aquatics in town sells Waveline/Speedwave pumps. I'm sure they have one running for you to take a look at.

Ah :) Concept does pop up everywhere. Thanks for the info! I've never been there. I...sssshhh....stopped buying from the local stores quite awhile ago unfortunately

BMW Rider 03-07-2013 08:09 PM

My Dolphin pump died this year so I replaced it with a Sequence Reeflo. The Reeflo is quieter than the Dolphin and much more compact despite the higher flow rating.

The Dolphin pump always leaked. I upgraded it to the marine seal the second time I changed it; it too always weeped. That was the pumps demise in the end. This last time I pulled it apart, the motor shaft was too corroded to take the new seal kit (which I had on hand for this eventuallity). Personally I wouldn't reccomend them too highly.

So if you do buy one and want a marine seal kit for it, I have one.

Pan 03-08-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW Rider (Post 799884)
My Dolphin pump died this year so I replaced it with a Sequence Reeflo. The Reeflo is quieter than the Dolphin and much more compact despite the higher flow rating.

The Dolphin pump always leaked. I upgraded it to the marine seal the second time I changed it; it too always weeped. That was the pumps demise in the end. This last time I pulled it apart, the motor shaft was too corroded to take the new seal kit (which I had on hand for this eventuallity). Personally I wouldn't reccomend them too highly.

Really? I had a reeflo pump and thought it sounded like a turbine compared to my Dolphin, mind you my dolphin sounded pretty loud compared to my iwaki....so who knows :)

Tom R 03-08-2013 09:57 PM

How much do you want for the marine seal kit?

Tom R

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW Rider (Post 799884)