Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   time to make some money again (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64487)

StirCrazy 05-15-2010 01:45 PM

time to make some money again

Well, yesterday I decided 9 months off was enough of a retirment for now, and put out a couple resume. so we'll see how that goes. If anyone knows of companies that are hiring in the kamloops area let me know, I think the hardest thing is moving to a new city and not realy knowing what kind of companies there are here.

Steve

muck 05-15-2010 04:19 PM

Might help if you say what industry or type of work you would be looking for Steve. :mrgreen:

Aquattro 05-15-2010 04:27 PM

Generally Timmy's is hiring year round at all locations. Or Walmart, they're big. You prolly applied there already tho :)

mark 05-15-2010 04:37 PM

see a lot of retirees working as greeters at Walmart :biggrin:.

Seriously of the guys that recently retired with us, some are out doing camp jobs 12 hours a day 2wks in/2wk out in the mines north of Ft McM, one guy is happy mowing grass at a golf course to keep his afternoons free, to another guy that wanted to still be able to leave with the the camper, bike or kayak anytime he wanted, he does light fabrication in his garage (welding/metal work). All about lifestyle.

Doug 05-15-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 519090)
Generally Timmy's is hiring year round at all locations. Or Walmart, they're big. You prolly applied there already tho :)

:yo:

StirCrazy 05-16-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muck (Post 519088)
Might help if you say what industry or type of work you would be looking for Steve. :mrgreen:

well I am a power engineer but I am not aposed to a new thing as long as the pay is good. I am looking to get in at around 20 bucks an hour or more.
I also have a lot of inventory/wharehousing experiance, about 8 years managerial experiance running a department of 8 to 12 people, and 2 years of instructional experiance.

Steve

StirCrazy 05-16-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 519090)

well I thought about timmies.. free coffee and all but I don't know how long I could put up with stupidity in a job like that for that little pay.. as for the walmart greater.. I am not old enough, but your only a year away from there min age :mrgreen:

Steve

Doug 05-16-2010 04:40 PM

I would think it would be easy to find work, perhaps part time, as a power engineer.

StirCrazy 05-16-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 519362)
I would think it would be easy to find work, perhaps part time, as a power engineer.

part of the problem is figuring out where all they work in this area.

Steve

Sebae again 05-16-2010 11:27 PM

Check www.indeed.ca They gather and post jobs from a lot of different sources.