Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   New to the Hobby (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Article Requests (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106610)

Myka 04-21-2014 03:48 AM

Article Requests

What would you like to see in the library? These articles are aimed at newbies to help them find information, and keep the more in-depth topics in the discussion forums. So articles should reflect that. These articles should be on topics that are frequently asked about on the forums.

I'm working on a new quarantine article since I see the questions coming up again and again. I'm also going to do a list of "be aware" species of fish and inverts so newbies can be alerted to special care species. I just did an RO/DI article and one on training Mandarins to eat because I've seen lots of questions lately on these topics. I'm going to go through all the articles in my signature too and update them -eventually. This all takes a lot of time.

What can you guys come up with? Which topics do you guys all see coming up again and again? If you can think of someone that you think could write a good article on the subject you suggest, please mention this too!

This forum is moderated, so you guys won't see all the posts that are made. This way I can go through them one by one and make sure the topics are addressed and not just buried. :)

FishingGoalie 04-21-2014 03:52 AM

Tonnes of people don't know how to post photos?

duncangweller 04-21-2014 04:16 AM

Ich and hyposalinity/copper/tank transfer method.

We all see this question quite a bit

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Madreefer 04-21-2014 05:17 AM

Well there's a few reputable breeders on here that could share some knowledge on the challenge. We all have clowns that breed and there's always that question that soon follows after the sight of eggs in the tank.

mark 04-21-2014 06:20 AM

Lanthanum chloride, still amazed how well it worked

reefwars 04-21-2014 01:10 PM

Testing , dosing ......the how to's?

Choosing the proper equipment for your saltwater setup?

The basics to coral keeping ?

Coral propagation and how to get started?

I'll come up with some more once my coffee dissolves a bit lol :)

Myka 04-22-2014 12:07 PM

Thanks for all the ideas guys! I will work away on these, and if anyone wants to submit an article, send a heads up to me or Brad (Aquattro) so there aren't 5 people working on the same topic. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishinGoalie (Post 893092)
Tonnes of people don't know how to post photos?

There is a "sticky" in the Pictures forum called "How do I post photos?" that Brad did in 2004. I just looked and it only talks about uploading into the gallery, so that's a good idea to include how to use photo hosting. Maybe Brad wants to edit his old thread. *wink nudge Brad* :D

gregzz4 05-01-2014 04:32 AM

Some topics for write-ups could be;
Lighting
Skimmers
Return and In-tank pumps, Tank flow
Dosing
ATOs
Calcium reactors
GFO and Carbon reactors

I wrote a thread on using relays to alleviate failures due to running 120vac through float switches. That could be added ...

helimech 02-22-2015 12:07 AM

Possible post

I think (as a newbie myself) that this area would benefit greatly from a post on tank cycling, the time it takes for things like this to happen, what the inmortant things to test for (what test kits to buy/avoid) and the things one might see you tank go through as a new setup comes online.
These things seem to be hard to search for and are in different spots and not brought togeather (pics also would be helpful).
I'd be interested in putting something like this togeather, though I'd need help in the knowledge department. ;)