Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Controller and Monitoring Specific (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Another cheap toy that you should get to monitor your tank (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=92250)

Coleus 12-04-2012 09:51 PM

Another cheap toy that you should get to monitor your tank

I bought these wireless cameras and am amazed of the built quality as well its performance

and it is cheap for under 100 bucks. I can view it from my iphone app or from my work computer. Just awesome for 100 bucks

They are foscam and sold at foscam.ca

mrhasan 12-04-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coleus (Post 770160)
I bought these wireless cameras and am amazed of the built quality as well its performance

and it is cheap for under 100 bucks. I can view it from my iphone app or from my work computer. Just awesome for 100 bucks

They are foscam and sold at foscam.ca

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET :D

I went after a bidding for this cam in ebay but damn some people are just desperate and bid prices higher than MRP!

Coleus 12-04-2012 10:20 PM

you should get it from foscam so you still get their support and warranty. you won't get that from ebay seller

kien 12-04-2012 10:22 PM

I just ordered 4 of them from their website! :-D (Don't ask where the 4th one is going to go.. this is a family site)

mrhasan 12-04-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 770173)
I just ordered 4 of them from their website! :-D (Don't ask where the 4th one is going to go.. this is a family site)

Will you let us know if I give you popcorn? :mrgreen:

ChizerBunoi 12-04-2012 10:31 PM

That is so cool. Hey Tai, if one of your kids bump the camera towards the couch, we can privately spy on you. :twised:

mrhasan 12-04-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coleus (Post 770171)
you should get it from foscam so you still get their support and warranty. you won't get that from ebay seller

True that :D

I particularly like the movement option for these cams + the night vision. But somehow, fishes get freaked out by spot LEDs :| I got this underwater cam and it has leds around the lens and MY GOD I never saw my clowns get freaked out that way :O The female tried to dig into the sand :razz:

mrhasan 12-04-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChizerBunoi (Post 770179)
That is so cool. Hey Tai, if one of your kids bump the camera towards the couch, we can privately spy on you. :twised:

Now Tai's gonna turn off the guest mode :neutral:

Coleus 12-04-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChizerBunoi (Post 770179)

well for demo purpose, i am setting the timer so it is only available to public viewer on certain time where those "Hot" things does not happen. So sorry to disappoint you

Coleus 12-04-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhasan (Post 770180)
True that :D

I particularly like the movement option for these cams + the night vision. But somehow, fishes get freaked out by spot LEDs :| I got this underwater cam and it has leds around the lens and MY GOD I never saw my clowns get freaked out that way :O The female tried to dig into the sand :razz:

my fishes are fine with the leds and the leds are not very bright.