Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Pump Specific (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Answer me this (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=112553)

Aquattro 02-28-2015 09:44 PM

Sam, you're not paying attention :) The wrap does me no good. I still have to fish the end of the cord behind my tank. I need a connection right before the pump

Samw 02-28-2015 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 938334)
Sam, you're not paying attention :) The wrap does me no good. I still have to fish the end of the cord behind my tank. I need a connection right before the pump

The wrap brings the quick disconnect to 2' to the pump which is what you want. It turns a 6' cord into a 2' cord. So that's what you want. So now, you don't need to fish for the end of the cord because the cord is only 2' long.

gregzz4 03-01-2015 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samw (Post 938336)
The wrap brings the quick disconnect to 2' to the pump which is what you want. It turns a 6' cord into a 2' cord. So that's what you want. So now, you don't need to fish for the end of the cord because the cord is only 2' long.

Holee crap Sam :rolleyes:
You're missing the point that he needs the 6' cord to remain 6' long as his Apex is that far away from the point where his pump cord leaves the water

He cannot shorten the 6 foot length by winding it up

hillegom 03-01-2015 04:43 AM

Just cut the cord where it is convenient and put in a male and female plug. The kind you plug into the wall. Easy peasy

Aquattro 03-01-2015 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillegom (Post 938487)
Just cut the cord where it is convenient and put in a male and female plug. The kind you plug into the wall. Easy peasy

I'm not sure how many wires are inside. I suppose I could check, eh? Ya, I can rig something, just wondering why pump builders haven't thought of it.

lockrookie 03-01-2015 05:49 AM

I feel your pain with my hydors I have to usually float a bucket in my tank to clean them but I am going to design a bucket out of acrylic that hangs off the front of the tank soon then I can plop them in to soak in magic clean by hydor for easier maintenance. The gyre has doesn't have a quick connect either so this may help me there as well.

Before you slice a cord open to see how many wires are in see if you can find someone with a fried one to tear apart and show you via pic just to be on the safe side

Samw 03-01-2015 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 938438)
Holee crap Sam :rolleyes:
You're missing the point that he needs the 6' cord to remain 6' long as his Apex is that far away from the point where his pump cord leaves the water

He cannot shorten the 6 foot length by winding it up

haha. Someone draw me a picture. He said he wanted a 2' quick disconnect so that's what I thought he needed. Someone said Jebao was 6' but he needs it to be 2' so I don't understand why the extra 4' was a problem. Yeah, I must be missing something.

Ok, so if he needs a 6' from pump to the disconnect, then the Jebao does the trick since it has a 6' cable? What was the talk about 2' cable all about? I thought his pump was external so I guess that was the first mistake.

Aquattro 03-01-2015 06:16 AM

Cable is 6 feet. I need disconnect 2 feet from pump end. This isn't that hard :)

Tunze cable is 15 feet. I need disconnect 2 feet from pump end.

Samw 03-01-2015 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 938518)
Cable is 6 feet. I need disconnect 2 feet from pump end. This isn't that hard :)

Tunze cable is 15 feet. I need disconnect 2 feet from pump end.

Well, it is hard for me apparently. :)

Let me see if I even get what you are starting out with. Does this diagram represent your current configuration? It is supposed to be a powerhead inside a fish tank. The powerhead has a 15' cord that plugs into the controller's powerbar.

https://scontent-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...f6&oe=554D8C42

Samw 03-01-2015 06:45 AM

Ok, my mistake was that I thought you wanted a quick disconnect for the power cord. But somehow I still think there is an easy solution to your problem even if I don't know what your problem really is as I don't use controllable pumps with controllers.