Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Edmonton (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The next great reef meet / Edm tank tour ~ Updated with photos! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39290)

Matt 02-06-2008 01:16 AM

The next great reef meet / Edm tank tour ~ Updated with photos!

Something different? I half-joked one time with Neal that we should rent his giant limo and do a reef tour. The more I think about it, the more fun it would be. It wouldn't be free, but maybe we could get a few people to volunteer to allow us to traipse through their homes to gawk, have some laughs, and finish off at a restuarant for some dinner?

If there's interest, we could approach Neal for a rate, and see how much it might cost us. I'm thinking we'd do it a month or six weeks from now... maybe mid-March?

So, there's the idea. Shoot away!

SeaSerpant 02-06-2008 01:25 AM

sounds great. if i had money :biggrin: and my dad would have to come along then :lol:.

howdy20012002 02-06-2008 02:58 AM

I would be willing to drive around Edmonton for a sunday afternoon for free.
The party bus(holds 20) would probably be better than my cadillac though..it gets around alot easier..tough to find parking spots for a 37 foot cadillac escalade limo.
I get back from Indonesia March 6 so I am game from mid march on as long as the bus isn't booked..which is unlikely on a Sunday.
if possible and people aren't offended by the idea, I would like to suggest all meeting at my my new store so people can see what is happening there and give suggestions as to how to improve things...
it will be still in the growing stages by then..lol
I am definitely game though. (even if we start else where..lol)
Neal

stevehunt668 02-06-2008 03:01 AM

Sounds like a great idea. I am new to the game, so it will give me chance to meet some of you and bleed your huge brains for good info :biggrin:

Jeff_ 02-06-2008 03:11 AM

sounds good as long as its not the Easter long weekend :biggrin:

SeaShell 02-06-2008 03:21 AM

Hell, yeah!

Oh! i am SO there! I think its a great idea to start at Neils new place!

Murminator 02-06-2008 03:22 AM

I'm in :mrgreen:

vazgor 02-06-2008 03:57 AM

shure

sounds great to me too
never been in a limo tho my vote is in for the caddy
im shure you can get it by my place for a look at my little tank
they pull 70 foot trailers all around in here so a limo would fit no prob

Edmonton Eskimo 02-06-2008 04:11 AM

I'm in on this as well:) We could make my place one of the stops on the pub..er I mean reef crawl.

Matt 02-06-2008 01:31 PM

Neal: That is an extremely generous offer, but I think we should scratch up $$ for your effort/gas. Starting at your location is sensible.

March 16 or 30 are tentative dates; voice your opinion.

We'll need 3 or 4 hosts to make this a proper reef :drinking:crawl (thanks, Jason!).

I'll monitor this thread, and begin to build a schedule and participant list. If it looks like we build critical mass, I'll start to lock in details.

Cheers,
Matt