Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Swine Flu/H1N1 Vaccination - Yes or No? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57278)

VFX 10-27-2009 04:53 AM

Swine Flu/H1N1 Vaccination - Yes or No?

Are you and/or family prepared to take the H1N1 vaccine?

With the US declaring a State of Emergency (paving the way for compulsory vaccination), the WHO escalating H1N1 to a level 6 global pandemic & the Canadian roll out, I'm interested to know what the general consensus is.

Ron99 10-27-2009 05:03 AM

Yes, without a doubt. There is nothing magic about it as a vaccine. It is fairly standard and as safe as many other vaccines. The difficulty was that the virus was very slow to grow in culture so it took a while to manufacture enough for the vaccine. The only way to slow the spread of H1N1 is to vaccinate enough people that the virus peters out. If to many people don't get vaccinated it will give the virus many hosts through which it can spread which is not good. I believe that the epidemiologists are saying we need 70% of the population to be innoculated in order to slow the spread so do your part to help.

The whole debate reminds me of the ridiculous objections to the HPV vaccine for young girls. Why would you not want to innoculate your daughter against a virus that could one day give her cervical cancer?

marie 10-27-2009 05:10 AM

I'll get it. It's just a flu shot :mrgreen:

untamed 10-27-2009 05:12 AM

I probably won't. I have never got one in the past. I'm sure there is nothing sinister about the flu vaccine.

I'm pretty sure that more people will get the flu shot this year than previous years.

If I'm wrong, you have my permission to point at my tombstone and say "told you so...".

mark 10-27-2009 05:55 AM

I haven't bought into the world is coming to the end with H1N1 bit but I've got no problem getting it.

Do like the conspiracy vote though, some people seem to believe there is one.

banditpowdercoat 10-27-2009 06:12 AM

freakin SARS was a "pandemic" but truthfully, how many people killed world wide?? How many die from the regular flu world wide? How many from slipping in the shower?

I don't buy the media hype. Media is just what "they" want you to think!!!

So ya, I picked conspiracy

PS i think your right, more WILL get the flu shot this year, and how much does said flu shot cost? Someones planning to make ALOT of money I think, it's ALL marketing. Playing on our fears and the "well, what if they are telling the truth'? How are we supposed to know??

Side note, How many Zietgiest watchers/followers here???

Mr.nintendo 10-27-2009 06:29 AM

It's all bull**** media hype, I'd rather risk "H1N1" then the known and occuring side effects from the shot

VFX 10-27-2009 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat (Post 458396)
Side note, How many Zietgiest watchers/followers here???

I like your voting style! I voted no instead of conspiracy, because although I think something is decided fishy about the whole thing, I can't really say for sure, who, what, where or why.

I'm all about the Zeitgeist! I also follow Project Camelot. Some great interviews there with various whistle blowers, ex-black ops guys etc. Even if you don't believe what they say, it's great entertainment for those interested in conspiracy/Illuminati/2012/UFO's etc.

Link to H1N1 Conspiracy Interview

Some resources for people wanting more info:

BBC News Swine Flu Info & News Page

Government of Canada, Public Health Agency Website

Official UK Government Swine Flu Information Pages

The Flu Case - Jane Burgermeister's investigation into the swine flu vaccine, bird flu and the real reasons for mass vaccinations.

...and finally a website for the Conspiracy Theorists.

Whatever you decide, please be safe!

Sebae again 10-27-2009 06:51 AM

Seeking approval after manufacture,changing dates on vials due to expire Hmmm.

Quinster 10-27-2009 11:30 AM

Should you or shouldn't you...be your own judge!

I took care of 2 patients in Winnipeg who had similar side affects to this due to flu inoculations. They told me about half a dozen deaths locally they knew about from the same batch of meds that were used.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9m...paganda_webcam