Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Calgary (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Calgary Fragalot Order (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84042)

Littlefishy 03-10-2012 02:07 PM

Calgary Fragalot Order

Hey I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together and doing a Fragalot order for Calgary?

sphelps 03-10-2012 03:25 PM

I'm in provided we have someone reliable to accept the order. And by reliable I mainly just mean someone that's home all the time or can make themselves readily available.

Littlefishy 03-10-2012 03:38 PM

When I spoke to the organizer in Edmonton they suggested I have it delivered to my work and said as long as the shipment is kept in a warm place it is fine until the evening. Does that sound ok?

jalemboo 03-10-2012 03:38 PM

me too

Littlefishy 03-10-2012 03:40 PM

What do you think of the above suggestion? Having it delivered to my work...

sphelps 03-10-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlefishy (Post 692081)
When I spoke to the organizer in Edmonton they suggested I have it delivered to my work and said as long as the shipment is kept in a warm place it is fine until the evening. Does that sound ok?

Would prefer if we could find someone that would be home and able to float bags right away and perhaps even flag obvious DOAs right away. I'd also prefer to pick up during the day and not the evening. Just given the previous reputation of Fragalot I'd rather not leave too many things to case, it's in everyone's best interest.

Finnegan 03-10-2012 04:14 PM

I'm in just need a time frame

lockrookie 03-10-2012 04:15 PM

trust ins sphelps.. there are good reasons for his request. it is best youhave someone pick up p the box right from fed ex rather than have it bounce around in a truck all morning before it gets to you. the frags (especially sps) are fragile and most likely glued on frg stones just before it was packed for shipping. if the fragcomes unglued it could damage teh alredy traumatized frag from bieng snipped to its death point.

secondly burc needs to know right away if there are possibe doa's if he feels teh package wasnt handled or picked up in a timely manor he could refuse replacement. sothat being said if you have someone who has experiaance with frags / fragalot head up the orderit is to the benifit of all parties.

been there done that like burc but have haad both goodand bad dealings.
im quite happy it seems he has stepped up his game all ive beenhearing is good comments this past couple months.

just my 2 cents

Littlefishy 03-10-2012 04:24 PM

On the site it says an extra $15 and it can delivered Saturday. Would that work? I'd be home then. Other issue, depending on how much we order I am not sure there would be room to float everything in my 26g. Let me know your thoughts...

Littlefishy 03-10-2012 04:25 PM

And that way I could pick it up from FedEx and people could pick up their shipment at anytime during the day.

fabbroc 03-10-2012 04:26 PM

I'm in for sure. I'm not sure how long the frags are in transit for but I don't think it's that big of a deal to let them sit for a bit longer

sphelps 03-10-2012 04:31 PM

Would be good with Saturday delivery :biggrin: but we should verfiy with Fedex office in town. I remember doing a sat delivery with fedex when I lived in Saskatoon, got a phone call Saturday saying order will be delivered Monday due to the office being closed on Saturdays :lol: I did end work out picking it up that day but it was an ordeal.

Littlefishy 03-10-2012 04:35 PM

Ok well why don't we plan for that. Not sure if any of you are planning on going to the Reef Meet next week but I was going to bring it up there as well.

sphelps 03-10-2012 04:42 PM

Does anyone know if the bags come tagged with an item number or description?

Arok3000 03-10-2012 04:44 PM

I'm in for $60.

If it gets organized and delivered anytime after next week, then I can pick up the order during a weekday, store and check frags, and depending on the size of order even deliver frags if it was only a handful of people.

lockrookie 03-10-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlefishy (Post 692105)
On the site it says an extra $15 and it can delivered Saturday. Would that work? I'd be home then. Other issue, depending on how much we order I am not sure there would be room to float everything in my 26g. Let me know your thoughts...

if enough ppl order shipping is free after 300$

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabbroc (Post 692108)
I'm in for sure. I'm not sure how long the frags are in transit for but I don't think it's that big of a deal to let them sit for a bit longer

with burc he wants you to pick upfrags as soon as they arrive he thought i didnt pick up right away the one time and made a big stink about replacing thinking they sat there for half the day.. which i didnt im always at the fedex bldg before they openinthe am.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphelps (Post 692116)
Does anyone know if the bags come tagged with an item number or description?

he doesnt tag indivudual frag bags he just puts each persons order together in one or two larger bags with your name on it

lockrookie 03-10-2012 05:07 PM

with fragalot group orders...

one person heads up the order and organises the masses/sets cutoff date

ppl pm the order head thier list of wants desires and hopes to get. its always good to email burc to ask if what you want is available incase its sold out and not changed on site

once everyonne has gotthier orders in to the head person then that person sends an email with the list of ppls names and wha they want to burc as master list for the order. dont delete list it comes in handy when order arrives

decide on a delivery date and have everyone pay by either on site or paypal request from burc email money transfer. have them post when paid.

burc sends order you pick up check it over and msg him if any bags look questionable before ppl pick up thier orders.. this way he knows you have recieved it and that there are issues with order right away. less hastles withtreplacements later on.

this is just based on 4 orders i have done with burc. in the past some whent smooth the last was a nightmare (never order if burc says he is going on holidays after items ship wait till he gets back to order)

Littlefishy 03-10-2012 05:13 PM

So should I take responsibility as Order Head then?

BMahura 03-10-2012 05:13 PM

I would be interested.

Littlefishy 03-10-2012 05:13 PM

Happy to do it :)

Littlefishy 03-10-2012 05:16 PM

As for now people should start looking into what they would order, to make sure we will meet $300 for free shipping (shouldn't be a problem). And thanks Lockrookie, I have been in touch with the organizer of Edmonton's orders and got the same info. Keep the interest coming!

Littlefishy 03-10-2012 05:17 PM

Arok3000 maybe we can work together or something?

sphelps 03-10-2012 05:36 PM

I'll be in for at least $100.

Littlefishy 03-10-2012 05:48 PM

Excellent :)

SteveConn 03-10-2012 05:52 PM

Ha! I was going to start this soon myself.. so count me in for at least 80-100$
Any timeline yet for finalizing the order?

milou 03-10-2012 05:55 PM

what are you guys buying that Vancouver area stores dont have? The shipping will be much cheaper coming from BC.

Howdy 03-10-2012 06:01 PM

I will be willing to gamble for approx $100.00

Littlefishy 03-10-2012 06:05 PM

Milou, shipping will be free as from the sounds of it we will be over the $300 limit. How much time do people want before I finalize the order?

sphelps 03-10-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlefishy (Post 692167)
Milou, shipping will be free as from the sounds of it we will be over the $300 limit. How much time do people want before I finalize the order?

Whenever for me, sooner or later, no rush. Perhaps we should inquire regarding new shipments and website updates.

Littlefishy 03-10-2012 07:08 PM

They are getting a new shipment in and the website will be updated as of Monday :) I know Acans are in the shipment

MinPhase 03-10-2012 07:16 PM

I think we should set the cutoff date for March 31. Does that sound like enough time for everyone? Should we order sooner or later? Littlefishy you might want to set up a poll on this thread for cutoff date as well as one for the range in which people are wanting to spend. It would be great if we had someone with a large tank to float the bags in once they're picked up from FedEx. Arok3000 mentioned something, I noticed you already asked him.

Coralgurl 03-10-2012 08:05 PM

I'd be in for this as well, timing doesn't matter and I have a big tank if required but I'm not home during weekdays but could arrange a flex day if Saturday deliveries are problematic.

strauss 03-11-2012 12:18 AM

frag-a-alot

I'm in for 50$ easy

lpsreefer 03-11-2012 12:21 AM

Ill go in also, if you can get an update on what stick he has left.

Littlefishy 03-11-2012 03:31 AM

He is updating his stock as of Monday.

What do you say we cut off the orders Sunday March 18th at 12:00 noon. That enough time for everyone?

Everyone needs to PM me what exactly they want and how much it costs. I have already received a couple of orders!

FragIt Dan 03-11-2012 07:17 AM

I would give a list of several backup choices as my first list with him ended up being substantially out of stock, despite the website indicating items were in stock. Also, as lockrookie said, expect some issues... you get what you pay for. Having said that, and despite melted, bleached, missing and broken/very freshly glued (and unglued) frags, things were so cheap I was ok with things, but I ordered knowing and expecting issues. Some things showed up great and others didn't. Good luck!

Littlefishy 03-11-2012 06:18 PM

I have PM'd everyone a list of instructions. If anyone new shows interest, leave a message here and I will send you the same PM.

Cut off is Sunday, March 18th at 12:00 noon.

Canuckgod420 03-11-2012 06:53 PM

Anybody here do any research on this guys track record?
Ever wonder why he got the boot from canreef?

Do some research people before you throw your money away.

reefwars 03-11-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlefishy (Post 692456)
I have PM'd everyone a list of instructions. If anyone new shows interest, leave a message here and I will send you the same PM.

Cut off is Sunday, March 18th at 12:00 noon.

never recieved any pm:noidea:

Littlefishy 03-11-2012 07:53 PM

Sorry! Just sent it to you.