Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   BC Interiors (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Kelowna / Okanagan Frag Swap (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63211)

brizzo 04-09-2010 10:21 PM

Kelowna / Okanagan Frag Swap

Hey everyone,

Over the past while there has been some interest in having a frag swap meet and greet.

I would be willing to host such an event at my house, on a weekend. Middle of May or early June would be ideal for me to host.

Any interest?

freezetyle 04-09-2010 10:37 PM

IN! we should post some photos of the frags we will have available so we can see the interest in pieces before hand.

Starry 04-09-2010 10:45 PM

all 4 it, if im home that week. have a few corals i wanna swap out.

brizzo 04-09-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freezetyle (Post 509329)
IN! we should post some photos of the frags we will have available so we can see the interest in pieces before hand.

What I can frag down:

30-40 heads of candy cane
8-10 heads of hammer coral
about 8x12" of GSP growing on glass ;)
lots of green palys

all of those for sure, as they are almost more of a pest in my tank than keepers.

bkelly 04-09-2010 11:30 PM

im into it - be good to meet some of you guys
brent

mseepman 04-09-2010 11:38 PM

I'd be into some type of meet...don't have a lot of frags but who knows...by then maybe I'll have more.

freezetyle 04-10-2010 01:13 AM

no frags aren't a problem, just swap for cash!

Starry 04-10-2010 03:09 AM

mark, attach some of your shrooms to rubble and youd have lots to trade!! p.s. dont forget about that sps frag you said you would make 4 me. :)

bvlester 04-10-2010 04:27 AM

I'd like to be there. I may have some thing to bring by then just sole abunch of stuff.

Bill

dnpbryan 04-10-2010 04:32 AM

Im there just pick a day

Leah 04-10-2010 04:43 AM

I can come...but not a guy.

freezetyle 04-10-2010 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 509437)
I can come...but not a guy.

it would be good to have a lady present... so you know... the neighbours wouldn't think its "that" kind of party/gathering:lol:

Leah 04-10-2010 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freezetyle (Post 509439)
it would be good to have a lady present... so you know... the neighbours wouldn't think its "that" kind of party/gathering:lol:

May look even worse if I come and the neighbours are watching. :wink:

Bugsy 04-10-2010 05:49 AM

I would love to come, hey Leah there would be two of us there then..:wink:

I don't have anything to swap but maybe something to buy....:biggrin:

It would also be neat to meet other reefers too.:biggrin:

Let me know Nazerine what date and time you pick for this.

brizzo 04-10-2010 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugsy (Post 509456)
I would love to come, hey Leah there would be two of us there then..:wink:

I don't have anything to swap but maybe something to buy....:biggrin:

It would also be neat to meet other reefers too.:biggrin:

Let me know Nazerine what date and time you pick for this.

Frags frags frags! Why is it we don't do this more often? Seems to be more and more Canreef members from Kelowna

I'm going to be out of town for periods during April and May, so June 5th or 12th would be ideal. Would also be nicer once the weather is a little warmer, sit out on the patio :)

Starry 04-10-2010 07:10 AM

what type of frags/corals are ppl looking 4 in the area? ill be doing some shopping b4 then and wouldnt be advers to getting extra if I knew i could get my money back.

Leah 04-10-2010 11:12 AM

Starry,

Hey, where are you going shopping? I am interested. :biggrin:

Bugsy,

It would be wonderful to see you again......long time no see. :wink: Still waiting for you to come visit us. :razz:

I will have a few things to trade as well.. frogspawn, hammers and other stuff too, just can't think right now....need more java. :redface:

I would be interested in a few easy SPS's. :lol:

Nazerine,

What can I bring??? Let me know.

Oscar 04-10-2010 02:26 PM

Sign me up. I could probably generate a couple of frags. I am adding SPS to my tank now, so if someone is going "shopping" I am interested in joining in.

H2o2 04-10-2010 03:48 PM

If I am home I am in and looking for purple plate :-)

mike31154 04-10-2010 03:50 PM

Sounds great, thanks for getting the ball rolling on this and also for offering to host the event. Not sure I have much different to offer, mostly things that I've already seen listed, stuff that's getting out of hand in my system, GSP, hammer, common brown zoas. I have some nifty macroalgae too though. I guess I'd be more of a 'customer' at this event. Would like to snag some more 'colourful' zoas than the common brown polyps I have. Maybe a small sps frag, but might wait until I upgrade for that.

Thanks again.

Starry 04-10-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 509489)
Starry,

Hey, where are you going shopping? I am interested. :biggrin:

Bugsy,

It would be wonderful to see you again......long time no see. :wink: Still waiting for you to come visit us. :razz:

I will have a few things to trade as well.. frogspawn, hammers and other stuff too, just can't think right now....need more java. :redface:

I would be interested in a few easy SPS's. :lol:

Nazerine,

What can I bring??? Let me know.

will be going to calgary and perhaps the coast mid may, so you can guess where ill be shopping!

reef bound 04-10-2010 11:09 PM

We can probably make it too, if Kamloopsians are welcome. May have a few frags as well. Have to take stock of what I have.....And that means one more girl, too (and a boy).

Bugsy 04-11-2010 02:38 AM

Anyone here have Acans for swap/sale??

Starry 04-11-2010 05:46 AM

not yet :)

brizzo 04-12-2010 08:21 PM

Sounds like we might be able to get a decent amount of people to meet up! My home has a pretty open floor plan, so isn't too bad if a bunch show up at once. Might have to open up the arcade if too many people show up ;)

reef bound 04-12-2010 08:31 PM

I know it's early in planning but did you decide on a firm date? We can make it on the 5th but not the 12th, but whatever works for you guys is fine and if I have frags I may be able to send stuff with another member from Kamloops if they're going. No worries.

bvlester 04-25-2010 05:35 AM

Ttt

fishdaddy3 05-12-2010 12:46 AM

i would love to get in on this. got nothing to trade but would love to buy some(lots) of stuff.

bvlester 05-12-2010 07:03 AM

Is there a date set yet?

Bill

StirCrazy 05-12-2010 02:12 PM

If it is allowed I may show up just to meat some reefers up
here beside Bill :mrgreen:. weekends are a little tough for me so I cant say for sure but i'll try.

Steve

bvlester 05-12-2010 03:52 PM

Steve I would thing that you would be allowed without a dought as you are a member and a very good contributer to the forum. You can not help it if moving and getting every thing agonized is your priority right now. Once settled in you will set that tank up. It would be nce to see you there.

Bill

brizzo 05-12-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bvlester (Post 518319)
Is there a date set yet?

Bill

I was hoping to get some replies from Starry and H2o2 about their schedules as both work out of town. No offense to anyone, but I would prefer to pick a date so they both could come. Starry has supported previous frag swaps, and always has nice frags. H2o2 is a very knowledgeable reefer to have around, and he likes to talk a lot which is good for these meetings :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by StirCrazy (Post 518332)
If it is allowed I may show up just to meat some reefers up
here beside Bill :mrgreen:. weekends are a little tough for me so I cant say for sure but i'll try.

Steve

Frag swaps are a social event! This makes me think I need to get back on starting up a local reef club...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bvlester (Post 518343)
Steve I would thing that you would be allowed without a dought as you are a member and a very good contributer to the forum. You can not help it if moving and getting every thing agonized is your priority right now. Once settled in you will set that tank up. It would be nce to see you there.

Bill

Maybe the jealousy of all the frags might get him to setup a tank finally ;)

Anyhow, we're definitely getting closer.. 1 months to go! Will have to make a choice within the week on the date. :mrgreen:

reef bound 05-12-2010 10:59 PM

keep us all posted :)

bkelly 05-12-2010 11:27 PM

Id love to come but away June 5-6 if an option, have some frags LPS/Monti
brent

H2o2 05-12-2010 11:28 PM

Talk a lot eh

I dont what my dates are Brad as there was a bit of a shake down on the boat so I am working more so dont wait for me but you know that if I am home i will be there(to talk a lot :)and I will cut ya a nice frag and bring it.
Host fees Till Then

Starry 05-12-2010 11:32 PM

I'll be home the weekend of May 29th, (best date for me) and again the weekend of June 12th. Lemme know if that works so I know whether to buy extras in calgary or not.

Trevor

bvlester 05-13-2010 03:05 AM

I know that Steve has been bissy as a bee doing stuff around his place. I have once again been drawn to atend cort for jury duty solection so after may I have no Idear if I could make it or not as the selection is on May 31.

Bill

Starry 05-19-2010 02:09 PM

K, so...Im heading back from calgary on monday. need to know whats going on.

bvlester 05-19-2010 03:40 PM

so is there any solid date don't leave it till the last minute it might kick you in the but. After May 31st I have any idear of what i am doing. We may have to have a swap up here in Kamloops.....

Bill

Bugsy 05-19-2010 05:10 PM

Starry, I sent you a PM can you reply to me before you come home??

:mrgreen: