Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I'm new here...not (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45143)

Marie1 09-21-2008 11:16 PM

I'm new here...not

I'm not sure whats worse losing my memory or having my computer lose its memory.

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering, I'm really Marie in disguise and if I don't answer any of your pms it's because my computer and I are entering early stages of alzheimer's :rolleyes::drinking:

Zylumn 09-21-2008 11:20 PM

Welcome Marie1 to canreef!! LOL

michika 09-21-2008 11:33 PM

Maybe you should have named yourself pseudo-marie!

Lance 09-22-2008 12:21 AM

Hi Marie1. Welcome to Canreef. The other Marie gives me frags. Are you going to give me frags?:lol:

SeaHorse_Fanatic 09-22-2008 12:51 AM

Nope.:wink:

SeaHorse_Fanatic 09-22-2008 12:52 AM

So does Alzheimer Marie remember that we're bringing Felicia up to Powell River to visit next week or so?

Anthony

marie 09-22-2008 01:31 AM

Ha ha you guys shouldn't be picking on the poor newbie, you might chase her away :razz:

Thanks Christy, Your my Hero :multi:

christyf5 09-22-2008 01:55 AM

ok Marie, I think you're all set now :biggrin:

Lance 09-22-2008 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marie (Post 346778)
Ha ha you guys shouldn't be picking on the poor newbie, you might chase her away :razz:

Thanks Christy, Your my Hero :multi:

Hey, she's back! Welcome back Marie.

marie 09-22-2008 02:04 AM

If it wasn't for Christy I'd still be gone.

Now I want to know why my computer can remember the password of everyone who has ever checked their email on my computer...except mine :twised: .

Also a word of warning to everyone who has ever checked their email on my computer...I can access your email so say nice things about me :razz:

SeaHorse_Fanatic 09-22-2008 05:21 AM

I'm guessing that means me:redface:

But I always say nice things about you. Heck I even pay the outrageous BCFerries prices to come visit several times a year:biggrin:

BTW, need anything this week from the LFS down here? Salt? Frozen foods?

marie 09-22-2008 05:42 AM

I fixed it...I hope and it wasn't just you. It's a good thing I'm not a snoopy person, my daughters friends would be really mad at me right now :lol:

All I need is some Nori if its not too much trouble

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic (Post 346844)
I'm guessing that means me:redface:

But I always say nice things about you. Heck I even pay the outrageous BCFerries prices to come visit several times a year:biggrin:

BTW, need anything this week from the LFS down here? Salt? Frozen foods?

SeaHorse_Fanatic 09-22-2008 06:24 AM

I have 3 spare packs (don't like to drive to Chinatown all that often) so 150 sheets should hold Doofus for a while, eh.

Anything else?

Anthony

Tarolisol 09-22-2008 06:53 AM

Not a big fan of useing alzheimers as an excuse, its a horrible disease that I hope you never have to experiance first hand.

Treebeard 09-22-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarolisol (Post 346860)
Not a big fan of useing alzheimers as an excuse, its a horrible disease that I hope you never have to experiance first hand.

Actually, I have experienced it first hand, more than once, and I still found the post humorous.

Tarolisol 09-23-2008 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treebeard (Post 346885)
Actually, I have experienced it first hand, more than once, and I still found the post humorous.

Well when you hold your grandpas hand at death then you can speak up.

marie 09-23-2008 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarolisol (Post 347133)

I'm sorry, it was not my intention to offend anybody. Sometimes though when we have to deal with the horrible things mother nature throws at us, laughter really is the best medicine at least it makes it easier for us to cope.

My sister has just recently gone through a double mastectomy and is going through chemotherapy. She finds it funny that with her straight up and down body and bald head it has made her a prime candidate for her exhusbands alien conspiracy theorys that he has recently become a believer of. If she couldn't find humour, all thats left is tears

Tarolisol 09-23-2008 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marie (Post 347141)
I'm sorry, it was not my intention to offend anybody. Sometimes though when we have to deal with the horrible things mother nature throws at us, laughter really is the best medicine at least it makes it easier for us to cope.

My sister has just recently gone through a double mastectomy and is going through chemotherapy. She finds it funny that with her straight up and down body and bald head it has made her a prime candidate for her exhusbands alien conspiracy theorys that he has recently become a believer of. If she couldn't find humour, all thats left is tears

It is one thing to find humour in your own situation but im sure If I tried to use mastectomy or chemotherapy as a source of a joke for a situation I have no bearing on commenting on it may be offensive to you, your sister, or someone who has passed on. I am sorry if some may feel my feelings are obtuse but so be it, my experience as proven that Alzheimers is not funny to anyone.

Treebeard 09-23-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarolisol (Post 347133)

No doubt Alzheimer's is a horrible disease, but in the end, it is just another way to die. I have lost family to Alzheimer's, cancer, heart attack and stroke and none were pretty watch. My best friend killed himself with alcohol despite support and encouragement from his friends and family. Alcoholism is a horrible disease but people still crack jokes about it daily. That's life.

I notice you have the evil monkey from Family Guy as your avatar. Family Guy is a program which spares no group from it's often obscene humor, including the old and handicapped. Seems like a double standard to me.

I am not trying to diminish your pain and grief at your loss, but if you do not like what you see perhaps you should turn the other way.