Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Seller Beware, Canreef Member Leah. (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=107619)

Bayside Corals 06-07-2014 12:09 AM

Seller Beware, Canreef Member Leah.

Hello Everyone,

I just want to let everyone know that you should be very careful when dealing with the Canreef member Leah.

I have dealt with her a few times over the years with no issues. However a few months ago I sent her some seahorses. I asked her to pay for the order before I shipped it. She asked if she could pay for half the order up front and half when it arrived. I thought it was a fair deal assuming she wanted to make sure they arrived alive and in good condition. Plus we have dealt in the past with no issues so I trusted her.

She paid for a little over half of the order so I sent it via Fed Ex next day air. I got confirmation that the order arrived and it was signed for. I sent her a message asking how they arrived? No response. Over the course of a couple weeks I sent multiple emails and nothing. I have called her many times, and I have received the answering machine, I have had her pick up the phone and hang up on me but she will not talk to me.

It has now been a few months with zero contact from her end. So I just wanted to let everyone know that you should be very careful if you are going to deal with this person.

I have also been in contact with another Canreef member, and apparently she has done this before. I won't name this other member but if they choose to chime in they are more than welcome to.

So if anyone knows Leah personally you should tell her to pay her bills! Next course of action for me will be a collection agency. If she wants to ruin her credit rating that's up to her.

If the collection agency doesn't work, Leah just remember when you are having a bad day that KARMA is a B*tch and what comes around goes around!

Colby

Aquattro 06-07-2014 01:04 AM

Authorized post.

SCHMUSTIN 06-07-2014 01:42 AM

Thank you for this post. People should hold up to there end of the deal.

Sorry for your loss on this one hope you were not out to much!!

It's to bad that people have to kill it for everyone else.

And what is with this "unauthorized post" stuff? I think people should know who they are dealing with. We are a community here and unfortunately this suff happens but people should be aware of this.

IMHO!

SCHMUSTIN 06-07-2014 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 900390)
Authorized post.

Sorry ha ha ha I thought it said "unauthorized post"... having a hard time reading apparently LOL!!

jorjef 06-07-2014 01:46 AM

:popcorn::popcorn: double buckets for this one.....:lol:

Aquattro 06-07-2014 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCHMUSTIN (Post 900397)
Sorry ha ha ha I thought it said "unauthorized post"... having a hard time reading apparently LOL!!

Any post of this nature not approved by staff before hand is unauthorized and removed.

paddyob 06-07-2014 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby Bay (Post 900379)
Hello Everyone,

So if anyone knows Leah personally you should tell her to pay her bills! Next course of action for me will be a collection agency. If she wants to ruin her credit rating that's up to her.

If the collection agency doesn't work, Leah just remember when you are having a bad day that KARMA is a B*tch and what comes around goes around!

Colby

I have several years working in collections.

This will never cause a credit issue. And it has zero possibility of hitting a credit bureau.

You would be hard pressed to find an agency who would even waste there time on this.

I don't know what she owes... But I assume a couple hundred max? It would cost an agency more than the small commission they would make on the file. Very small.

It's a very unfortunate situation. Thanks for pointing it out for everyone on here.

Hopefully she pays up.

ReEf BoSs 06-07-2014 04:06 AM

Should just post her name and address up .... Im sure its not aloud but i would lol

Treebeard 06-07-2014 04:20 AM

Leah, suck it up and pay your bills while you still gave a chance to save face before you lose all respect. No one likes a deadbeat and it's not a path you want to stay on.

Ram3500 06-07-2014 07:12 AM

It is very disappointing when members is such a small community fall into a cragslist mentality. We should all hold our selfs to a higher regard and follow through with what we agree to .

The Grizz 06-07-2014 05:49 PM

I have had some bad dealing with here as well and would not ever trust her with a 1,000,000 foot poll.

Ripped me off of over $600!!!!!!!

Good luck and I hope you nail her good!!

Denis 06-07-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 900475)
I have had some bad dealing with here as well and would not ever trust her with a 1,000,000 foot poll.

Same experience here, I lost $200. BTW , she's from Penticton.

sent from my tablet

mark 06-07-2014 07:09 PM

so much looking for longtime contributing member as a guide to buy from

Rice Reef 06-07-2014 07:41 PM

Sorry to hear that there has been quite a few victims by this individual. It is never nice to be a victim however, if reportings like this had occurred sooner she would not have taken advantage of so many people. It would be nice to see the mods to give full disclosure of this individual's full name some do not mistaken for a " good Leah" with the same first name. I think it should also be made aware in all LFS, sponsor or not. If she steals and cheat people hear I'm sure she will cheat and steal at the stores.

My 2 cents

Madreefer 06-07-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark (Post 900488)
so much looking for longtime contributing member as a guide to buy from

Yea true that. Surprised and disappointed.

Scuba Diver Gal 06-07-2014 09:50 PM

Warning noted...but think about all the great people that pay their bills on time, send money after the fact, help each other out, etc. Sad reality in this world, you have to be cautious..

ReEf BoSs 06-08-2014 12:44 AM

i go to pentiction alot in the summer ... its so nice there!

MarkoD 06-08-2014 01:08 AM

Since when are posts like this permitted. Ive made posts like this in the past and got shat on by everyone for "putting people down"

Aquattro 06-08-2014 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkoD (Post 900535)
Since when are posts like this permitted. Ive made posts like this in the past and got shat on by everyone for "putting people down"

After staff review and approval, they're allowed. Marko just posting, not allowed.
We approve them after reviewing facts. One other recent post, after investigating, found that it was not warranted and the seller had in fact met all his agreed on obligations. But in this case, more than one long time respected members were affected and it was deemed warranted to warn people.

From a personal standpoint, I'm disappointed. I always thought highly of Leah.

whatcaneyedo 06-08-2014 06:00 AM

This is all pretty surprising. I recently sold some frags to Leah without issue back in April.

Leah 06-08-2014 08:41 AM

Wow! I see I have obviously been missed, thanks for all the kind words folks.

And you bet KARMA is a real BITCH!!!!!

Wheelman76 06-08-2014 08:49 AM

So are you denying that you have ripped people off ?

Leah 06-08-2014 08:55 AM

You tell me.

Wheelman76 06-08-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 900588)
You tell me.

Really? What kind of answer is that?

If you haven't ripped anyone off ,then you would think that you would defend yourself or have something to say other than just being a smartass!!!

Leah 06-08-2014 09:57 AM

Or perhaps I really don't care what you think.

Leah 06-08-2014 11:38 AM

Hunting season is apparently open, any one else wish to chime in here...all comments welcome and appreciated.

jorjef 06-08-2014 01:16 PM

"I shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones I shall dwell amidst nickel and dime con artists forever."

I think I have a new signature for you Leah.

I don't think three people likely to have never met conspired to smear your name. Your rebuttals are a joke. Kind words you ask for? At least you paid one person.

Leah 06-08-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 900475)

I ripped you off for $600.00. Care to fill us all in on the details.

Leah 06-08-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorjef (Post 900596)
"I shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones I shall dwell amidst nickel and dime con artists forever."

I think I have a new signature for you Leah.

I don't think three people likely to have never met conspired to smear your name. Your rebuttals are a joke. Kind words you ask for? At least you paid one person.

I like that, I guess it is a start. Indeed I payed one person.

jorjef 06-08-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 900598)
I like that, I guess it is a start. Indeed I payed one person.

It's the signature of the one person you paid. With a little tweak to it of course. Weird hey?

Do disrespect to whatcaneyedo intended.

Leah 06-08-2014 02:07 PM

Sorry but I do not understand what you are saying.

Aquattro 06-08-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorjef (Post 900601)
It's the signature of the one person you paid. With a little tweak to it of course. Weird hey?

Do disrespect to whatcaneyedo intended.

I have to wonder how you possibly think you're contributing towards resolution of the issue at hand?
This is not a bash Leah thread, it's a warning based on 2 individuals with unresolved dealings. Leah can offer rebuttal and/or conclude the dealings to mutual satisfaction, or not.
You poking at her isn't helping. So stop.

sick lid 06-08-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 900592)
Hunting season is apparently open, any one else wish to chime in here...all comments welcome and appreciated.

Sure, I will chime in, You ripped me off 4 years ago for $500

jorjef 06-08-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 900604)
You poking at her isn't helping. So stop.

Understood. She is in full denial, that was open season for me.

Leah 06-08-2014 02:22 PM

Haha! Yes perhaps I am in denial... so bring it on.

Aquattro 06-08-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 900607)
Haha! Yes perhaps I am in denial... so bring it on.

Leah, I understand this is awkward, but I think rather than antagonizing a mob, you put this opportunity to better use and resolve the issues with Denis and Colby.

Leah 06-08-2014 02:29 PM

Maybe we should vote on it first.

Aquattro 06-08-2014 02:32 PM

Really?

MarkoD 06-08-2014 02:39 PM

In before the ban hammer!:Banane21:

Leah 06-08-2014 02:41 PM

Why not.