Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Edmonton (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Anyone planning a Fragalot order right away? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=92470)

noirsphynx 12-11-2012 03:38 PM

Anyone planning a Fragalot order right away?

Just checking to see if anyone in Edmonton is planning an order? If so I'd be in for sharing shipping.

Murph 12-12-2012 03:37 PM

They have a couple of Zoa frags I'm intrested in I'd be down as well

noirsphynx 12-12-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murph (Post 772674)
They have a couple of Zoa frags I'm intrested in I'd be down as well

If you get his email updates he has some amazing stuff that isn't on his site yet. The email update is what I'm looking to get stuff from IF it's still available and not sold already. I'd do the order but I live out of town and it takes an extra day to get to me, also people(for group orders) aren't keen on traveling out where I am to pick stuff up.

HMD 12-13-2012 04:48 PM

Id be interested if this comes together, count me in.

Murph 12-13-2012 05:25 PM

For me I don't have a CC for order someone needs to step up and take the risk maybe free shipping out of the deal or a free frag somthin like that and who is more centrally located for me I'm In edmonton but am willing to travel within reason. I'd be willing to meet with someone before hand for money purposes to ensure it gets done.

Phil 12-13-2012 06:15 PM

I'd b in for 100 bucks lol

Murph 12-13-2012 06:40 PM

Ya me too I only want Zoas or Palys.

Phil 12-13-2012 06:53 PM

Ya I'm gonna see what he has if no one wants to do the order I'll volunteer

JmeJReefer 12-13-2012 07:01 PM

I got burned on my last order! Half my order was entirely wrong! Not even sure Wut I got.

HMD 12-13-2012 07:03 PM

Not sure what I want yet, but likely some zoas an soft corals. I'm in south Edmonton. Depending on timing I could pick up but dont have much flat space only having a 40 gallon. If delivery is between Dec 19 and Jan 14th I'll be on Staycation, since I have about 6-7 weeks holidays carrying over that my boss told me I have to use up

All in for 50-60 bucks for me unless my wife sees something she really wants.:wink::wink:

xenon 12-13-2012 07:16 PM

Do you guys only order from fragalot because there is nobody else to buy from online?

His reputation is so secret and he is very consistent. lol

Phil 12-13-2012 07:29 PM

Price. There was 6 people in last order 5 happy 1 not I've gotten peices at half the cost of another online stores or Lfs.

reefwars 12-13-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xenon (Post 773116)
Do you guys only order from fragalot because there is nobody else to buy from online?

His reputation is so secret and he is very consistent. lol

i dont understand what business it is of yours, you post on every fragalot order the same thing....face it people order and re order from him not everyone has bad service. i think your message has been gotten if people want to order then let them do so in peace and move on.

Leah 12-13-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 773118)
i dont understand what business it is of yours, you post on every fragalot order the same thing....face it people order and re order from him not everyone has bad service. i think your message has been gotten if people want to order then let them do so in peace and move on.

And this is why they sent him all the way to Sibera. :wink:

Aquattro 12-13-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 773120)
And this is why they sent him all the way to Sibera. :wink:

What is farther than Siberia. Taking suggestions for the next move....

Leah 12-13-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 773123)
What is farther than Siberia. Taking suggestions for the next move....

The moon. hehe!

Aquattro 12-13-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 773124)
The moon. hehe!

I like :)

Leah 12-13-2012 07:51 PM

No time to pack even.

Murph 12-13-2012 09:02 PM

Lol I just want like 2 frags of Zoas but with shipping came out $110 how big of and order do we have to do to get the prices to come down?

rhody605 12-13-2012 09:03 PM

If Phil is receiving the shipment i'd be in for $60 or so.

Mike

Phil 12-13-2012 09:07 PM

We need at least $300 for free shipping then it's only the price of the frags in just waiting for dawn to log on and replie since it is her thread :)

Murph 12-13-2012 09:08 PM

I would like 2 of pink elephants and 2 nuclear green death Palys. Not exactly what I'm after but still cool I'm looking for red hornets but seems there's none on the site.

Murph 12-13-2012 09:09 PM

That's not bad at all that way.

Murph 12-13-2012 09:24 PM

Well just let me know when everyone's ready and ill put in a final order.

noirsphynx 12-13-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

TY Denny. I order from Fragalot because of his selection and price. I've been dealing with Burc for years and can't complain.

I'm in for about $75 assuming what I'm after hasn't already sold.

noirsphynx 12-13-2012 11:27 PM

Burc just sent me an email and apparently people are contacting him saying I'm doing an order. Sorry guys, I'm not organizing an order to be done by me, I was just inquiring to see if someone maybe had an order going that I could get in on. He did say that he has lots of nice zoas/palys to take pics of and will update his website by Sunday. I've seen some of the stuff that he recently received and it's awesome!

Phil 12-13-2012 11:54 PM

Ya I emails burc for list and prices let me know if u want me to do the order but I'm blaming u when my wife gets mad lol

noirsphynx 12-14-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 773187)
Ya I emails burc for list and prices let me know if u want me to do the order but I'm blaming u when my wife gets mad lol

If you're willing to do an order again that'd be awesome but I'm not twisting anyone's arm :twised::lol:

The few things I do know prices for are

Sopranos Paly $40 per polyp
Deep Impact zoa $15 per frag
Toxic Zoa $10 per frag
Rainbow Paly $10 per frag
Favia #4 $10 per frag
Armour of God $15 per frag

Phil 12-14-2012 12:17 AM

Lol he says he's updateing the site on the weekend but we need $300 in interested people first

noirsphynx 12-14-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 773192)
Lol he says he's updateing the site on the weekend but we need $300 in interested people first

I have $75 right now before the update

xenon 12-14-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

I was simply asking a question.

Fragalot has been banned and labeled as a thief and its no secret. There are other places to buy corals from like Coral Master for example.

Now I know why Burk is still in business. Price.

dreef 12-14-2012 02:01 AM

I've ordered all sps from him twice in the last 2 months,more than happy with what i recieved.I'm getting a few more pieces next week from his new stock.Seriously i could frag the frags i recieve from him,always a very good size,and not everyone just spends 10 bucks a frag..i have from $20-$40 apiece frags.Everyone knows about him,it's up to them to make the desicion..i have nothing but good too say.

mrhasan 12-14-2012 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xenon (Post 773199)
I was simply asking a question.

Fragalot has been banned and labeled as a thief and its no secret. There are other places to buy corals from like Coral Master for example.

Now I know why Burk is still in business. Price.

Isin't price a very big factor? Paying $10 for a $50 piece is a big factor. There's around 4000 reefers in Canada. How many are active in Canreef? And how many are disgusted by fragalot? The numbers will be like the price of the frags :)

Borderjumper 12-14-2012 02:15 AM

Having JUST received an order from Burc in today, I feel compelled to post my experience.

As some of you may remember, 6 ish years or so ago I had a bad experience with a very poorly packaged box from frag a lot and vowed never to buy from him again.. And I didn't.. Until this year.

I have prolly gotten a dozen orders from Burc over the last year. Honestly I was concerned placing my first order, but I wanted mini maxi anemones and I wanted a lot of them. Burc has ALWAYS answered my emails the same day, and in most instances within an hour. He picked thru hundreds of anemones for me and took pictures of each and put up with a zillion questions from me and as pleasant the whole time. Every order came in on time and had what I ordered PLUS extras. yes I had a couple of DOAs which were replaced with no questions or pictures required. Some acros a friend ordered didn't arrive alive, and were reshipped at no cost.

Burc worked pretty hard with me to regain my trust, and that he has.

The order today I got was some colony's from his newest order, I got a wicked hybrid frogspawn that is greens and purples, a wall octo that is the coolest shade of purplish orange, and one of the purplish finger leathers I have ever seen, It looks like a bonsai acro! I HAVE to post pics later as I'm so happy with them!

His packaging was immaculate. A stryofoam box with heat packs and the corals were triple bagged and the bottom outer bags were taped with packing tape so they had a flat bottom and stood up.. No leakage whatsoever.

it's always a gamble buying corals sight unseen.. Cameras sometimes see colors differently that our eyes do, unless your a professional photographer.. Which Burc ain't ;)

I always TELL Burc ahead of time when I want my corals shipped.. And we agree on that date and stick to it.

Anyways off my soapbox.. I just wanted to say how my experience with Burc has changed over the years.. I would and will continue buying my high end stuff from him.

I know he may get flamed, but maybe we can get him to stop by and give us the other side of the story sometime?

HMD 12-14-2012 03:32 AM

Count me in for around 40 bucks maybe 60...... Too much I want.

noirsphynx 12-14-2012 03:35 AM

Thank you very much for your input Borderjumper. I look forward to your pics!

noirsphynx 12-14-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMD (Post 773264)
Count me in for around 40 bucks maybe 60...... Too much I want.

And probably more once you see his update :razz::lol:

mrhasan 12-14-2012 03:36 AM

Warning to those you are setting some budgets, trust me that's not gonna work :)

Murph 12-14-2012 03:37 AM

I'm in for a bill.

noirsphynx 12-14-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhasan (Post 773271)
Warning to those you are setting some budgets, trust me that's not gonna work :)

:lol:too true!