Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Stanley Cup (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85157)

parkinsn 04-09-2012 02:32 PM

Stanley Cup

So who's cheering for who for the Stanley cup?

There's a few good match up's that I'm looking forward to.
PHI vs. PIT
STL vs. SJS
VAN vs. LAK

GO KING's GO!!!
(or anyone playing the Canucks)

Lance 04-09-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkinsn (Post 703111)
So who's cheering for who for the Stanley cup?

There's a few good match up's that I'm looking forward to.
PHI vs. PIT
STL vs. SJS
VAN vs. LAK

GO KING's GO!!!
(or anyone playing the Canucks)

Philly vs. Pittsburgh should be good. A lot of bad feelings there.
The Kings will be but a small bump on the Canucks road to their first cup. :wink:

RedCoralEdmonton 04-09-2012 03:02 PM

I'm cheering for the Vancouver police department, hoping they win this year.....

Steve

parkinsn 04-09-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 703114)
Philly vs. Pittsburgh should be good. A lot of bad feelings there.
The Kings will be but a small bump on the Canucks road to their first cup. :wink:

Pit/phi is one that I will be watching for sure. Definitely some bad blood there.

I don't see them getting their first cup. Unfortunately I also don't see the Kings beating them either :sad: But I can hope.

I hope that Van will see either SJS or CHI in the 2nd round, and that will do them in.

Lance 04-09-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkinsn (Post 703123)

I don't see them getting their first cup. Unfortunately I also don't see the Kings beating them either :sad: But I can hope.

I hope that Van will see either SJS or CHI in the 2nd round, and that will do them in.

I know the rest of the world hates the Canucks and wants to see them fail. As difficult as it is for any team to go all the way, (especially in the Western Conference), I actually like Vancouver's chances. Schneider is a much better goalie this year and Luongo will be pulled the instant he falters. We're also bigger this year and won't be beaten up like the Bruins did to us last year. I can't see this team being embarrassed like they were in games 5,6 & 7 of the final last year.

MarkoD 04-09-2012 03:28 PM

Go caps! They're hustling everyone this year

parkinsn 04-09-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 703129)
I know the rest of the world hates the Canucks and wants to see them fail. As difficult as it is for any team to go all the way, (especially in the Western Conference), I actually like Vancouver's chances. Schneider is a much better goalie this year and Luongo will be pulled the instant he falters. We're also bigger this year and won't be beaten up like the Bruins did to us last year. I can't see this team being embarrassed like they were in games 5,6 & 7 of the final last year.

I don't think that the 'Nucks should even start Luongo. Schneider is by far the better goalie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkoD (Post 703133)
Go caps! They're hustling everyone this year

Thats going to be a tough one for the WSH. I don't see that turning out well for them. PIT/WSH would be a good final though.

I'm interested to see how OTT/NYR pans out. OTT won the season series 3-1 so that could go either way. Big upset possibly.

fishmanty 04-09-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCoralEdmonton (Post 703119)
I'm cheering for the Vancouver police department, hoping they win this year.....

Steve

+1. It'll be a tough game with all those whacko's that think riots are cool.

parkinsn 04-09-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmanty (Post 703146)
+1. It'll be a tough game with all those whacko's that think riots are cool.

There not? :lol:

I think Vancouver will be way more prepared this time around should they make it that far.

Flash 04-09-2012 04:07 PM

I'm a die hard vancouver fan as I am from there! So I am for them all the way.

although the Pit vs phil series is going to be a wicked one to watch!!

and the people that rioted were not from vancouver... they were from the outskirts like surrey, abby, chilliwack... and so on...and would have rioted if they won or lost... didn't matter they were looking for trouble. regardless it was a year ago... GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!

subman 04-09-2012 04:26 PM

What are these playoffs you guys are talking about?

JK
I like the Penguins out of the East and the Preds out of the west.
Also don't look past the blues they are huge, mean and I think they have a better one, two goal tending tandem than anyone including the 'nucks.
As for who I'm cheering for it's always ABC...Anyone But Canucks.
(would be anyone but Calgary but they are in worse shape than my beloved Oil)

Flash 04-09-2012 04:31 PM

we can't be friends anymore.

subman 04-09-2012 04:39 PM

I was thinking the same thing!

it's ok it will be over soon for them anyway.:twised:

Oilers 04-09-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

+1. As long as the Canucks don't win, I am ok with any other team :mrgreen:

ensquire 04-09-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subman (Post 703165)
What are these playoffs you guys are talking about?

JK
I like the Penguins out of the East and the Preds out of the west.
Also don't look past the blues they are huge, mean and I think they have a better one, two goal tending tandem than anyone including the 'nucks.

+1 on all except I think it might be the Blues instead of the Preds.
ABC ALL THE WAY :biggrin:

Flash 04-09-2012 05:43 PM

that's it... i'm quitting canreef... can't be friends with any of you guys...:razz:

Lance 04-09-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash (Post 703202)
that's it... i'm quitting canreef... can't be friends with any of you guys...:razz:

Don't worry about it: People only hate the great teams! :biggrin:
GO 'NUCKS!!!!

intarsiabox 04-09-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 703241)
Don't worry about it: People only hate the great teams! :biggrin:
GO 'NUCKS!!!!

You seem to love the 'Nucks, does that mean you think they aren't a great team then?:lol:

parkinsn 04-09-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intarsiabox (Post 703243)
You seem to love the 'Nucks, does that mean you think they aren't a great team then?:lol:

Intarsiabox 1, Lance 0

StirCrazy 04-09-2012 08:42 PM

if the canucks can keep the intensity up, the sisters decide to actually play in the play offs, and they keep there game clean (unlike last year) they have a chance of winning this year.

Last year they lost because the turned into the dirtiest team in the league, so dirty that I was even disgusted watching them, all this did was pi$$ the other teams off and make they try harder (theres a reason the canucks went from one of the most favorite teams in the league to one of the most hated, and its not because they are good or anything like that).

plus the fact that the sisters never did anything for what the first 13 games or so...

Luongo will still be the starting goalie, even when he falters last year it never cost them a series, only made the go longer. the fact Schneider is ready to be a starting goalie just means they have a good replacement if luongo gets hurt, but I do think if they get up in a series where they could afford to lose a game or two they will play Schneider. this will give him some more play off experience and if he does good will increase his value for a trade.

Steve

Flash 04-09-2012 08:43 PM

Schneider needs to come to edmonton.

parkinsn 04-09-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash (Post 703267)

Right :lol: and I think that Drew Doughty should come to Calgary :biggrin:

subman 04-09-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkinsn (Post 703270)
Right :lol: and I think that Drew Doughty should come to Calgary :biggrin:

Calgary needs to realize they need to rebuild. They need a complete tear down, Iggy is in his last year (if he even comes back) and if Kipper goes down for any reason they will be a world of hurt.

StirCrazy 04-09-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash (Post 703267)

you never know, if Van doesn't make him a starter he probably won't re-sign with them and he will get a good contract elsewhere, but I realy don't think he is much better than dubby, maybe a year ahead of him in being ready. what they need to do is ditch habby and get a good goalie on a two year contract. I thought they would have went after turko when he was available last year, what baffels me even more is why they arn't playing gerber instead of habby, or maybe that is the plan next year when habby is gone.

Steve

subman 04-10-2012 12:11 AM

They don't have Gerber anymore the veteran goalie in okc is Yan Danis. Duby was pretty good at the end of the season but a proven starter would help a ton.

Oilers 04-10-2012 01:06 AM

Ok, enough with these Flames and Oilers talk. Stick with the topic please.
More of the Cannots bashing :twised:

subman 04-10-2012 01:15 AM

It's the oilers playoffs tomorrow then no more oiler talk.

bignose 04-10-2012 01:29 AM

Phi vs Pits I can't wait to see. I'm sure it will be an emotional series with lots of action.

Lance 04-10-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intarsiabox (Post 703243)

This only applies to non-Canuck fans. :mrgreen:

StirCrazy 04-10-2012 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subman (Post 703338)
They don't have Gerber anymore the veteran goalie in okc is Yan Danis. Duby was pretty good at the end of the season but a proven starter would help a ton.

when did they let him go, I was trying to find something on him and it still lists him as being there.

Steve

subman 04-10-2012 10:52 AM

he was a ufa at the end of last year and went to the Swedish elite league.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=47213

RezReef 04-10-2012 04:32 PM

Nashville's Year

my money is on Nashville...

ug.mac 04-10-2012 04:55 PM

Of course Vancouver.

parkinsn 04-12-2012 05:36 PM

Not too happy about the Philly win.

Happy about the Nashville win

AAAAAANNNNNDDDD LOVE THE VANCOUVER LOSS!!
:bananahuge:

ug.mac 04-12-2012 05:45 PM

I think there is something wrong with Telus, how come no Calgary flames in playoffs this year?

Can someone tell me?

parkinsn 04-12-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ug.mac (Post 704231)
I think there is something wrong with Telus, how come no Calgary flames in playoffs this year?

Can someone tell me?

Telus is a phone company not a hockey team..... Maybe they beat the flames?

I will go with the Flames $#it the bed last minute as usual. But I would rather not be in the playoffs at all then be on our way to a first round upset :razz:

subman 04-12-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ug.mac (Post 704231)

Can someone tell me?

huh?

ug.mac 04-12-2012 06:06 PM

I see, so they didn't even make it to playoffs this year, I thought it was the Telus TV blocking the Calgary because they are based in Vancouver.

parkinsn 04-12-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ug.mac (Post 704238)
I see, so they didn't even make it to playoffs this year, I thought it was the Telus TV blocking the Calgary because they are based in Vancouver.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with both you're comments.

You need to speak gooder engrish.

ug.mac 04-12-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkinsn (Post 704240)
I'm not sure what you're trying to say with both you're comments.

You need to speak gooder engrish.

geen probleem.