Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Loving my new Jebao doser! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111515)

halwake 01-13-2015 11:20 PM

Loving my new Jebao doser!

So I have been dosing manually for a month or so trying to keep my Alk, and calcium levels stable for the SPS corals we have added to the tank. This got old real fast and I started looking at dosers. Finally decided to order the jebao doser, mostly because of the four heads and low price point. Got it, downloaded instructions off the internet, (ones that came with it were brutal), calibrated it, and programmed it to dose six times what I had been dosing manually once per day. Second day testing and levels look stable. A doser is sure a nice piece of equip to have for a reef tank. Set it and let it do its thing. Much easier than daily manually dosing. Love it.

aliens172 01-13-2015 11:29 PM

jebao doser

glad you love it i had my for about one months work great.

ashr 01-13-2015 11:44 PM

I have a magic marine doser and was thinking about replacing it. Happy to hear this!

Nicole. 01-14-2015 12:07 AM

I recently got one too and have no complaints. When running, the pump is quite noisy but because it only runs for a few seconds at once, it doesn't bother me.

One of the pumps acts as an ATO although it's not recommended because it wears down the pump..but my tank isn't large so I don't think it's too harmful. It pumps 70ml of FW/hr.

I tried to search for information on how much is too much to pump at once but didn't get any results. Anybody know the answer?

Found this pretty neat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ0qNlJpymk

jordsyke 01-14-2015 02:24 AM

same have had great results with it

iceman86 01-14-2015 02:46 AM

Ive had mine for about 4-5 months and its probably my best purchase for my tank. Manual dosing sucks!!!!!

rishu_pepper 01-14-2015 05:27 AM

Where did you purchase it? May have to get myself one in the future.

halwake 01-14-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishu_pepper (Post 930441)
Where did you purchase it? May have to get myself one in the future.

Fish street website.

Seriak 01-14-2015 01:46 PM

Problem with fish street is that they have so many other things that are unique that I have to have as well that I never end up spending small amount there. I will have to look into this doser. I love my WP's and the cost can't be beat.

jason604 01-14-2015 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seriak (Post 930470)
Problem with fish street is that they have so many other things that are unique that I have to have as well that I never end up spending small amount there. I will have to look into this doser. I love my WP's and the cost can't be beat.

+111111. Fish-street does have a lot of pretty cool and very reasonable things for sale. Their quality is suberb for being chinese products.

reefwithareefer 01-14-2015 09:15 PM

I saw the dosers and they have a few different ones. All from 85.00 to 140. Not sure what the difference is on them.

Did everyone buy the Jeboa or the NT-.....?

Nicole. 01-14-2015 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwithareefer (Post 930537)
I saw the dosers and they have a few different ones. All from 85.00 to 140. Not sure what the difference is on them.

Did everyone buy the Jeboa or the NT-.....?

The difference is the number of pumps and design. The $85 is an extension that you would connect to another doser to increase the number of pumps. I bought the DP-4.

jordanc_17 01-15-2015 12:21 AM

Had the doser for probably 3-4 months. First doser I've owned, really like it so far.

reefmandan 01-15-2015 12:43 AM

I was also considering buying one of these dosers, but I feel the noise would be of concern to me. Has anyone experience these dosers, and others? I was hoping someone could compare the noise of these in relation to say, the BM or BRS dosers?

e46er 01-15-2015 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefmandan (Post 930579)
I was also considering buying one of these dosers, but I feel the noise would be of concern to me. Has anyone experience these dosers, and others? I was hoping someone could compare the noise of these in relation to say, the BM or BRS dosers?

dosers usually just run for a few sec every few hrs so the noise shouldnt be a problem in the big picture. mine runs for 29 sec every 2 hrs

riceboy 01-15-2015 04:30 AM

I k Ike mine as well. For 130 it's pretty good so far.

asylumdown 01-16-2015 04:14 AM

I've been using a profile doser for years. I don't trust the thing anymore as the rate at which my dosing solution seems to empty fluctuates. The LED screen is also half burnt out - bought another one from another reefer that was supposed to be 'like new' and it's screen was even worse!

They're like 400 bucks or something, has anyone here ever used both? How's it compare to the Jabeo?

asylumdown 01-16-2015 04:17 AM

Like, the units look almost identical. I just don't understand how fish street can sell that unit for 100 bucks? An extra peristaltic pump for my Profilux doser was $100. What am I missing? Is the thing made out of chewing gum?

asylumdown 01-16-2015 04:32 AM

guys, I just ordered one of these things. I don't understand how this unit is even possible. I don't understand how $2 shipping is possible. I feel like I've fallen through the looking glass and am online shopping in California.

ronau 01-16-2015 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asylumdown (Post 930805)
guys, I just ordered one of these things. I don't understand how this unit is even possible. I don't understand how $2 shipping is possible. I feel like I've fallen through the looking glass and am online shopping in California.

So $102 USD delivered?

That's pretty good. I was gonna suggest getting it from Pets and Ponds for $139.99 CDN but hard to argue against Fish Street's price. I would probably still get it from Pets and Ponds for ease of warranty, any problems I've had with products were handled within 24 hours.

ReEf BoSs 01-16-2015 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asylumdown (Post 930805)

9:14-9:32 that was quick ! sir you have an addiction. Ahaha
Now I'm going to have to research one.

asylumdown 01-28-2015 04:03 PM

An update - the thing came in like 6 days. Appears to be in perfect working order, and already had the correct date and time programmed in to it (which seems like a fluke to me considering it clearly came from a different time zone).

I'm still baffled by how this is possible considering how much comparable dosers by other brands costs, but I haven't set it up yet so I'll reserve final judgement for when I've been able to play with it for a bit. I'm out of town until Sunday and didn't think adding an unknown element to control something as important as alkalinity to my tank a couple of days before leaving for a week was smart.

jason604 01-28-2015 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asylumdown (Post 932579)
An update - the thing came in like 6 days. Appears to be in perfect working order, and already had the correct date and time programmed in to it (which seems like a fluke to me considering it clearly came from a different time zone).

I'm still baffled by how this is possible considering how much comparable dosers by other brands costs, but I haven't set it up yet so I'll reserve final judgement for when I've been able to play with it for a bit. I'm out of town until Sunday and didn't think adding an unknown element to control something as important as alkalinity to my tank a couple of days before leaving for a week was smart.

Fish-street is able to cut the cost of their products dramatically mainly due to the fact that they get their stock directly from the manufacturer instead of MANY middle men n of course mainly that they r in China. Brand power is very indeed powerful. Think about a Louis Vuitton jacket vs a no name one. Lv can cost U thousands while the other can cost u under $100 n both does its job of keeping u warm(most likely the no name is warmer) but then again fish street does pick quality items to sell n not the usual 1 time use n break China stuff. But ya $2 shipping makes no sense to me ����

GoFish 01-28-2015 07:44 PM

Just got my DP4 doser 2 days ago. The date and time was set too (but China time) I follwed the calibration instructions and it was already perfectly calibrated.
1ml per sec (well 197secs = 200ml, close enough)
This thing can dose as little as 1ml per month, up to as much as you want. Easy to program, simple to use, and the price?! Money well spent, and saved.

I've never heard another brand of doser run, but the sound is very tolerable.

I bought mine from an eBay seller named "annadebi" for $105us + free shipping arrived in about a week. Even included a Kamoer probe/hose holder for 5 hoses. Hands down the best seller I've ever encountered, tracking numbers, and communication and care above and beyond anything I'd expect from an EBAy seller. Also bought Jebao RW-4 and about to buy RW-8s from her as well.

Seriak 01-28-2015 08:11 PM

I have ordered from Fish Street many times. Only problem is no warranty. I haven't had any problems yet, but eventually I am sure I will be sent a dud.

George 01-28-2015 08:35 PM

What products did you buy that didn't have warranty? For example the jebao pumps have 1 year warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seriak (Post 932604)
I have ordered from Fish Street many times. Only problem is no warranty. I haven't had any problems yet, but eventually I am sure I will be sent a dud.

Seriak 01-28-2015 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George (Post 932605)
What products did you buy that didn't have warranty? For example the jebao pumps have 1 year warranty.

Are you going to send it back to China?

halwake 01-28-2015 09:21 PM

I have had a Jebao powerhead from fish street crap out within the warranty period and no questions asked they sent me a new one with the controller for absolutely free. Their warranty program is great. One of their orders they forgot one item and again no questions asked shipped it out immediately from China for free. These guys have been great to deal with for me.

jason604 01-28-2015 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seriak (Post 932610)
Are you going to send it back to China?

Still considered warranty even if it's china. Most times all warranty items is sent overseas for fix. As for my JEbeo pump the controller wasn't working n they sent me a new one right away without asking me to return anything. Great service from fish street

Ryancw 01-29-2015 10:25 PM

Ordering mine today. Was originally going with the kamoer but with all the reviews i've read ill save myself a few bucks

halwake 01-29-2015 10:56 PM

You'll be happy. Been a few weeks with mine and all levels are stable, just test weekly to be sure. It's great!

Shy_Koi 01-30-2015 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asylumdown (Post 932579)
Appears to be in perfect working order, and already had the correct date and time programmed in to it (which seems like a fluke to me considering it clearly came from a different time zone).

Does this mean the Jebao unit has a battery back up?
We have frequent (short lived) power outages in our rural area, and it's a REAL pain, re-programming everything in the house, after a power failure...
Thanks,
Tamara

mrhasan 01-30-2015 12:52 AM

Bought quite a few stuffs from Fish Street. Hand's down one of the best customer service I have received in this hobby. Any issue, the guy would send a new one so you don't have to bother shipping the defective item. And their shipping is pretty darn quick considering its shipped from China.

halwake 01-30-2015 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shy_Koi (Post 932765)
Does this mean the Jebao unit has a battery back up?
We have frequent (short lived) power outages in our rural area, and it's a REAL pain, re-programming everything in the house, after a power failure...
Thanks,
Tamara

You bet, it does have a battery back up. Have mine programmed and unplugged it for twenty four hours and then plugged it back in. No issues, remembered everything.

Shy_Koi 01-30-2015 02:28 AM

Thank you for the info, halwake!
Tamara

crimper 01-30-2015 04:37 AM

I bought this from https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/je...4-dosing-pump/ Reef Breeders and will picked it up @ Blaine this weekend. I will keep you posted with my reviews.

I'm excited! :lol:

Ron99 01-30-2015 05:43 AM

I've had good experiences with fish street in the past. I bought my Jebao RW8s from a Canadian dealer last August and am having a problem with one controller. Feed mode isn't working properly. They want me to ship mine to them then pay for them to ship me a replacement. Not as good warranty service as fish street, that's for sure so I may buy from them in the future.

Seriak 01-30-2015 03:08 PM

Lol that is hilarious. I just figured that you would have to ship it back to Fish Street if something broke like all Canadian company's policies. If they just ship you another one without any return then there is no reason not to buy from Fish Street.

ronau 01-30-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seriak (Post 932840)
Lol that is hilarious. I just figured that you would have to ship it back to Fish Street if something broke like all Canadian company's policies. If they just ship you another one without any return then there is no reason not to buy from Fish Street.

Not all Canadian companies require the defective equipment shipped back. I had a power supply fail and Pets and Ponds had a new one in the mail that day.

Seriak 01-30-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronau (Post 932850)
Not all Canadian companies require the defective equipment shipped back. I had a power supply fail and Pets and Ponds had a new one in the mail that day.

That is true but I don't use them as much since they raised the free shipping to Alberta to 250.00 minimum order.