Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

Nano 06-01-2012 10:49 PM

and discount flat screens? ;)

gregzz4 06-02-2012 03:41 AM

Can't sleep - stupid sump ( or stupid designer )
I may be ripping my sump plumbing apart again ....
Waaayy too much noise from PVC and Spa flex clamped to the wall
I'm sooo close to replacing the in-sump accessory 1262 with some Eheim compacts and run individual vinyl hose to each accessory

I'd sure like to start focusing on the DT some time soon :neutral:

jorjef 06-03-2012 01:55 AM

I really get bitchy when I can't find the corals I want to buy...This time of year always seems to suck..

gregzz4 06-03-2012 02:11 AM

So I'm thinking about epoxying and curing some of the new LR in either the NSW or QT tank, and I'm thinking I'll have to do it in 2 stages as the 20g tanks are too short ....
My wife asks "Why don't you use that empty 36g bowfront downstairs ?"
:doh:

I'm off to clean it out and fill it up

Nano 06-03-2012 03:05 AM

so I think its time to swap the eggcrate for some screen, my montipor is getting tan lines :lol:

Proteus 06-03-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 721467)
so I think its time to swap the eggcrate for some screen, my montipor is getting tan lines :lol:

Just did it myself. I cut out a frame from the eggcrate and use small zip ties to stretch plastic screen across. Worked great

Nano 06-05-2012 04:37 PM

went to the Dr's this morning for results on a test I had done from some pain I have been having in my shoulder, in a birthmark I have had since a baby, in the past year it has nearly tripled in size, Dr looked concerned when he arrived, and said "we need to get you booked to start surgery on having this removed. Your results came back, and it is Malignant Melenoma"

Great.. 2 surgeries scheduled over the next 4-6 months.. Not the news I had hoped for, but at least its able to be controlled as its nothing super serious like brain cancer or something..

aye carumba..

edit, I guess the main thing is to stay positive, and know I got lucky as it could be worse, just was kind of a hard hit..

christyf5 06-05-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 722033)
went to the Dr's this morning for results on a test I had done from some pain I have been having in my shoulder, in a birthmark I have had since a baby, in the past year it has nearly tripled in size, Dr looked concerned when he arrived, and said "we need to get you booked to start surgery on having this removed. Your results came back, and it is Malignant Melenoma"

Great.. 2 surgeries scheduled over the next 4-6 months.. Not the news I had hoped for, but at least its able to be controlled as its nothing super serious like brain cancer or something..

aye carumba..

edit, I guess the main thing is to stay positive, and know I got lucky as it could be worse, just was kind of a hard hit..

Oy! Good thing they caught it! Good luck with the surgeries and definitely stay positive. The morning can't get any worse now, can it? :wink: (that comment was meant in the most lighthearted of ways not to make fun of your situation etc.)

Delphinus 06-05-2012 04:51 PM

Oh yikes! Good luck with everything.

Proteus 06-05-2012 05:00 PM

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...1/90c87a76.jpg

Nano 06-05-2012 05:03 PM

thanks guys, now I have to find out how to break it to my wife that I have a cancerous growth, but will be ok.. lol. I can already see the water works.. :doh:

lastlight 06-05-2012 05:12 PM

Good luck I'm sure it will all be ok =)

Flash 06-05-2012 05:23 PM

I am so sorry to hear this news, but thankful that it's early enough to catch it. you know we're here for you.

Quote:

aye carumba..

SeaHorse_Fanatic 06-05-2012 06:34 PM

Nano,

Very sorry to hear about your cancer. My sister-in-law found out on Boxing Day that she has breast cancer but she stayed very positive and we all did a lot of praying about it. So far so good. Hope you are able to keep a positive outlook on life even with this huge setback. Good luck my friend.

Anthony

Nano 06-05-2012 06:43 PM

on a more positive note, look at this... :lol:

Notice in the description "Asst. Corals"

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/for/2997756288.html

looks like a very healthy system............................................ .........:wink:

reefwars 06-05-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

aye carumba..

ahhhh so my voodoo dolls do work :P

glad its nothing buddy and that youll be fine:) cheers

reefwars 06-05-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 722070)

looks like a very healthy system............................................ .........:wink:

def alot of filter feedings happening there boi!!:P

Nano 06-05-2012 06:46 PM

how do you get that much aiptasia?? That insane!

fishoholic 06-05-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 722070)

Wow that's more aiptasia then I have in my 80g.........didn't think that was possible :lol:

reefgirl189 06-05-2012 07:08 PM

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck Nano. Keep your chin up, everything will work out :)

And yeah, wow. Looks like he could you a few peppermint shrimp.

Madmak 06-05-2012 07:19 PM

It's a freakin' farm in there!

If they had some color it would almost be pretty.

Flash 06-05-2012 07:19 PM

i think it's pretty!! :lol:

subman 06-05-2012 09:49 PM

Best of luck Nano!

That's a great Berghia farm!

Lance 06-05-2012 10:01 PM

Best of Luck Nano.

gregzz4 06-05-2012 11:36 PM

+1 on a simple surgery
We're rootin' fer ya

Coralgurl 06-05-2012 11:42 PM

All the best Nano! Sending prayers your way!!

Nano 06-05-2012 11:42 PM

ahhh shucks guys, thanks :redface:
its the wife thats all bent out of shape about it :lol: I know I'll be fine :P

Coralgurl 06-06-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 722138)
ahhh shucks guys, thanks :redface:
its the wife thats all bent out of shape about it :lol: I know I'll be fine :P

She must really like ya!!:lol: give her a big hug, thinking of her too!

Nano 06-06-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coralgurl (Post 722143)
She must really like ya!!:lol: give her a big hug, thinking of her too!

oh no worries she's my best friend :) I always give her hugs lol :redface:

The Grizz 06-06-2012 12:21 AM

Ah screw the surgeon, next time you come visit I will get out my sawsall and blow torch to caughterize it :lol:

Nano 06-06-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 722146)
Ah screw the surgeon, next time you come visit I will get out my sawsall and blow torch to caughterize it :lol:

lol... not sure if thats gonna happen with out lots of beers. :twised:
"Carve the B@stard outta there!!":laluot_14:

Coralgurl 06-06-2012 04:05 AM

My daughter just got her first car, got it registered and insured yesterday. Takes it to work today, it gets broken into, she stopped at sobeys and it gets broken into again, all her school stuff taken. Its an older car with no alarm, but the dickheads have now broken the driver side lock and the door can't be opened from the outside. What a@@holes. She's pretty upset!

subman 06-06-2012 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coralgurl (Post 722192)
My daughter just got her first car, got it registered and insured yesterday. Takes it to work today, it gets broken into, she stopped at sobeys and it gets broken into again, all her school stuff taken. Its an older car with no alarm, but the dickheads have now broken the driver side lock and the door can't be opened from the outside. What a@@holes. She's pretty upset!

That's terrible! I feel for her.

gregzz4 06-06-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subman (Post 722194)
That's terrible! I feel for her.

+1 Always feels like an intrusion
My first car never got locked until I installed a kill switch, and then eventually an alarm

IMHO, don't fix the door until you secure the car

Nano 06-06-2012 05:06 AM

just saw the coolest thing in my tank! i thought it was micro bubbles at first, but upon closer inspection, swarms of copepods all over the water column in the DT.. I couldn't figure out where they had all came from, then I spotted a hermit crab cleaning his shell out, each time he cam out he would use his hind legs to sweep out the shell and huge amounts of pods would come swimming out, it looked like a swarm of mosquitoes almost lol. very neat! I never realized that they would breed inside a hermits shell before?! all the fish are super happy eating some fresh all natural food! :)

anyone else ever seen this before?

Borderjumper 06-06-2012 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 722214)
just saw the coolest thing in my tank! i thought it was micro bubbles at first, but upon closer inspection, swarms of copepods all over the water column in the DT.. I couldn't figure out where they had all came from, then I spotted a hermit crab cleaning his shell out, each time he cam out he would use his hind legs to sweep out the shell and huge amounts of pods would come swimming out, it looked like a swarm of mosquitoes almost lol. very neat! I never realized that they would breed inside a hermits shell before?! all the fish are super happy eating some fresh all natural food! :)

anyone else ever seen this before?

Baby hermits?

Nano 06-06-2012 11:55 AM

Definitely pods

subman 06-06-2012 12:15 PM

I wonder if he was just moving in to a new shell, that happened to be a pod hotel.

Coralgurl 06-06-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 722211)
+1 Always feels like an intrusion
My first car never got locked until I installed a kill switch, and then eventually an alarm

IMHO, don't fix the door until you secure the car

She's going to look into a security system today. She felt completely violated.

Nano 06-06-2012 05:30 PM

$1000.00 frag anyone?
http://www.reefodyssey.com/product_i...oducts_id=1337
its, nice but is it $1000.00 nice?
:lol: