Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

lockrookie 05-26-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishytime (Post 719489)
:nono: that would not be funny!

this is true it a nightmare im stillworried about my 180 an smy silicon skills i water tested at 75% capacity soitstill needs a full fill. i think ill run for the border in that situation.

fishoholic 05-26-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 719486)
FYI, don't scare us like that :mrgreen:

Sorry

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockrookie (Post 719487)
to bad it wasnt april first you could have said dougs tank sprung a leak... glad it was only a routine mopping

I think he'd kill me if I did that.

I don't really mop very often (have helped mopped half the store's floor before, but it was the smaller half) and I admit I was surprised by the workout I got. FYI I don't really workout either, figure mopping is a pretty good start :lol:

fishoholic 05-26-2012 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 719494)
:hug:

thanks

blacknife 05-26-2012 06:06 AM

tank plumbing modification checklist.

Kids in bed check.

Parts for planned modification either allready in the parts bin or purchased today... Check

dogs walked.... check

gf occupied? unhappily ... check.

All systems go!

:Banane10::bananapartyhat::Banane22:

oh wait.... we used one more piece than planned.. everything on hold! :laluot_08::laluot_32::laluot_10::laluot_21:

All though it was on the piece that made me want to do this mod, it is the last one I got to.

Fortunately its after the gate valve at that junction.. i can just leave everything else as is and turn the pump back on in a few hours and plug away again tomorrow night.

Lesson learned.. if having to do plumbing at night.. buy at least one extra of everything.

gregzz4 05-26-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishoholic (Post 719499)
thanks

Always willing to give some. I get that way too ...
If the hugs aren't enough to get you through, I always find a good jolt helps :spider: :mrgreen:

gregzz4 05-26-2012 07:14 AM

Been waitin' for a slow spot to add this ....

Stupid skimmer
I woke up today to a cup filled with basically water
ATO filled up the missing water, then the chaeto tank tried to run too high ... good thing I had no plans

Only thing I did yesterday was put ... my ... hand ... in the tank .... argh
I changed the position of my vortechs ....

Took me awhile today to realise the issue
Whether or not that's the cause, it's still puking foam again, and I'm letting it do so, but it was so bad it was running over

At least now, since about dinner, it's just foaming a lot but not filling the cup

Kinda makes me wonder if the new CUC is releasing stuff from the rocks, such as epoxy residue, which is peeing off the skimmer

jorjef 05-26-2012 12:39 PM

37 posts in the last 24 hours!! someone needs a life.

gregzz4 05-26-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorjef (Post 719558)
37 posts in the last 24 hours!! someone needs a life.

Who are you pointing your finger at ?
Hope it's not me :smile:

jorjef 05-26-2012 12:46 PM

gregzz4 05-26-2012 12:58 PM

Oh, come on, why are you pickin' on me ???

fishoholic 05-26-2012 01:02 PM

I get to see my hunny today :cheer2: Praying that the SPS move goes well :pray:

gregzz4 05-26-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorjef (Post 719562)

You don't even know me, so knock it off :wink:

gregzz4 05-26-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishoholic (Post 719570)
I get to see my hunny today :cheer2: Praying that the SPS move goes well :pray:

Holee ... someone needs some luvin :mrgreen:

gregzz4 05-26-2012 01:05 PM

Ya know I've been rootin' for you both the whole time with the move ...

I only wish I was there to help :smile:

gregzz4 05-26-2012 01:08 PM

I'm not sure, but, I think jorjef is pickin' on me .....

Mommy, make the bad man go away

I need an adult !!!!

Leah 05-26-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 719567)
Oh, come on, why are you pickin' on me ???

That's okay...do not feel bad... cause someones had the time to count them. :biggrin: :wink:

fishoholic 05-26-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 719575)
I'm not sure, but, I think jorjef is pickin' on me .....

Mommy, make the bad man go away

I need an adult !!!!

Well you do post a lot, so much so that (as of late) I'd go as far to say that you've got nano beat! :razz:

gregzz4 05-26-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 719576)
That's okay...do not feel bad... cause someones had the time to count them. :biggrin: :wink:

:smile:
Just 'cause I've been up all night, doesn't mean the bad man can pick on me :mrgreen:

gregzz4 05-26-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishoholic (Post 719577)
Well you do post a lot, so much so that (as of late) I'd go as far to say that you've got nano beat! :razz:

Well, if you'd like me to go away ....

reefgirl189 05-26-2012 01:18 PM

I have a rant.

Sometimes I like to look at the local classified section. Okay... all the time actually. I'm currently shopping for some 'almost new' appliances for my new house. This has brought me to the topic of this post:

What is up with people and having a crazy idea of what their stuff is worth? I can buy a brand new in box stainless steel frigidaire fridge from Trail appliances for $650 today. What the F are you smoking thinking that you are going to list your 7 year old scratch and dented white GE garage fridge and ask $600 FIRM? Seriously? And who is going to want to buy a 12 year old dishwasher with a broken door latch for $200? Are you crazy?!?! Throw that hunk in the garbage already! I guess it doesn't hurt to try but seriously people... get real. Canadian tire down the street sells brand new Amana fridges for $550. And they aren't dented or scratched or 7 years old. Plus they come with warranty. You can *maybe* try to charge $300 for that used fridge - at best.

Which brings me to the best part. Three times this year this one person has posted an ad asking someone "by the grace of God" to donate their house or land to a "family in need". A HOUSE OR LAND? DONATE? I get it, hard times, blah blah blah, but this is Cold Lake, AB. You could trip walking down the street and fall into a decent job with great pay. Why would you expect someone to give you a house or land (worth at minimum around $80,000 for land or $180,000 for a piece of crap house) around here? Be realistic. If you're truly that hard up place an add asking for a rent to own situation. And don't throw a religious vice in there like "by the grace of God" - That's low. There's some very religious people around here and and that's not fair of you to try to play that card. I just can't believe the audacity of some people.

gregzz4 05-26-2012 01:23 PM

Holee ... or holy .. or whatever I should say :wink:
I wish work was that easy to find here

I agree with your rant in respect to everyone wants something for nothing, just wish I could throw a story back at ya

gregzz4 05-26-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishoholic (Post 719577)

Are you serious ????

So, are you saying that, just 'cause I have a lot of time to spend on Canreef, that I say too much ???
I would have hoped that all I have said helped others :sad:

Aquattro 05-26-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 719584)
Are you serious ????

So, are you saying that, just 'cause I have a lot of time to spend on Canreef, that I say too much ???
I would have hoped that all I have said helped others :sad:

I don't think you've been less than helpful, she's just saying you got Ken beat...:razz:

gregzz4 05-26-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 719585)
I don't think you've been less than helpful, she's just saying you got Ken beat...:razz:

Ya, I know Brad, I just wanted to hear it from her :twised:

But thanks :smile:

jorjef 05-26-2012 01:42 PM

Maybe a nice medication would be in order

gregzz4 05-26-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorjef (Post 719591)
Maybe a nice medication would be in order

Wow, I've never had to deal with all you early risers before

Maybe you could suggest something to help me sleep tonight ? :smile:

gregzz4 05-26-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 719576)

Thanks Leah
We've never had any direct contact before, but I appreciate your input :lol:
Can you make it stop ??? :smile:

Leah says you should all stop pickin' on me !!!!!!!!!!

It's all good, I can take it :tongue:

fishoholic 05-26-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Exactly.

But seriously if you go though this thread the last 20 or more pages (never checked just guessing) is mostly posts by gregzz4 or nano. Just saying you both talk more then I do....which admittedly is pretty impressive since everyone says I talk a lot :lol: Guess a few people thought they'd tease you a bit about it.

gregzz4 05-26-2012 02:07 PM

Hmmm

Guess I'll have to remove this thread from my subscribed list for awhile :smile:

I've never wanted to be known as a, well, bah, that ....

lockrookie 05-26-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefgirl189 (Post 719581)
I have a rant.

i just noticed your signature and like i need to add that to mine lol

Coralgurl 05-26-2012 05:21 PM

I love my little ocean! Having some struggles with corals I'm trying to correct, but it sure is nice to have time to enjoy it this morning....funny how different fish buddy up and hang together....

The Grizz 05-27-2012 04:39 AM

Changing carbon in a reactor has to be the biggest pain in the a$$ ever, just saying :twised:

The Grizz 05-27-2012 04:48 AM

Quote:

Got me beat as well & I have been accused of ALWAYS being on CanReef 24/7 :noidea:

Nano 05-27-2012 05:05 AM

LOL... I think I missed some stuff here. Why is everyone picking on me?:sad:

;) what post number is this?2000 am I there yet?

Nano 05-27-2012 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 719814)
LOL... I think I missed some stuff here. Why is everyone picking on me?:sad:

;) what post number is this?2000 am I there yet?

Oh snap 2200+... See you all in a year gotta let some people catch up :lol:

Edit seriously though that's an a$$ load of posting for 6 months! Better take a break from it and just "moderate" jk

lockrookie 05-27-2012 05:27 AM

ive been here since 09.. i guess im more of the forum creeper type.

Madreefer 05-27-2012 05:35 AM

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/post_padding

Pretty much no need to come to this site anymore. Sites turned in to a useless blogging site. Thought this site was about fish, corals etc. Not how you cant find a job, your baby, zombies and all that garbage. Save that crap for Facebook. Moderators have allowed it to become a joke with some people. Don't know why newbies figure that they feel the need to respond to every post even though they're not even sure they know the answer. It's kept me away. None of this nonsense on Reefcentral.

lockrookie 05-27-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madreefer (Post 719817)

Pretty much no need to come to this site anymore. Sites turned in to a useless blogging site. Thought this site was about fish, corals etc. Not how you cant find a job, your baby, zombies and all that garbage. Save that crap for Facebook. Moderators have allowed it to become a joke with some people. Don't know why newbies figure that they feel the need to respond to every post even though they're not even sure they know the answer. It's kept me away. None of this nonsense on Reefcentral.

thats a little harsh i love this site. friendly banter and in general a great group of ppl. ppl like to share the things they love kids fish cars. good times and bad. you say blog ...isnt a reef journal a blog sharing your thoughts ideas and mishaps. ive learned alot of things.and concider mysef a newb always. cautious in the advise i give for fear of being wrong.. but through all the banter ppl are helped.. isnt that the point. why cant it be lively.. i prefer learning with a chuckle than learning through a textbook. canreef is a great famiy of reefers that truly care and try to help ppl succeed. i dont see reefers on reefcentral going out of thier way to ship a tank to the middle of nowhere tohelp a reefer out. or taking time to rebuild and personally deliver a tank cross country.. all i saw from my short time on reefcentral where ppl with too much money and time on thier hands ban happy mods. and reef bunnies with no tanks just talking about thier menstral cycle. given there are great ppl on there as well i dont mean to judge all as a group.

all in all if you feel that strongly dont log on lifes to short..if the mods and owners dont care why should we.. be happy and happy reefing to you..im gonna kiss some babies..while drooling over fish and corals.)

disclaimer: this is a post of my opinions and mine alone and in no way am i paid to do so. nor do my opinions reflect any of that of canreef staff. if you wish to hate me for my opinions please do so in silence or pm i will not respond to an argument.

lockrookie 05-27-2012 06:55 AM

now back to random thoughts :)

fishytime 05-27-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madreefer (Post 719817)

Go to reefcentral then*waves buh-bye*