Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

Nano 05-03-2012 01:35 AM

:ban::snipersm:

I'll take care of em':wink:

troni 05-03-2012 01:43 AM

Well flash I appreaciate the work you put in for this and would like to thank you again.
Thank you

Flash 05-03-2012 01:55 AM

lol i'm not looking for thanks! but thank you! lol! just venting that some people are very inconsiderate.

fishoholic 05-03-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash (Post 712766)
that vent was me chewing him out... and i sent him a PM as well.... i don't have much spare time.. i had cut off @ 8 for a reason... let him have til 9:30 as a favor then he pulls this crap.... NU UH.... not cool.

That sucks :sad: I don't blame you for being upset. Also thanks for bringing Doug frags to work with you so I could pick them up today since I wasn't feeling well enough to go anywhere yesterday.

Flash 05-03-2012 02:30 AM

np laurie!! my pleasure! and.. you showed up on time!! lol!

Flash 05-03-2012 03:08 AM

This is awesome! How to make 1 of my 3 dogs shut up for hours.....

gregzz4 05-03-2012 03:10 AM

OW, that pic was hard on my neck

troni 05-03-2012 03:11 AM

Random thought for the day, if he's to noisy he can come to my place.

Flash 05-03-2012 03:22 AM

Sory blackberry only!!! And l I have to do is open the sump door where he sits and watches the blue damsels as dogs can see the color blue! Lmao

troni 05-03-2012 03:36 AM

lol wish i could do that with the kids

gregzz4 05-03-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash (Post 712837)
Sory blackberry only!!!

Still cute regardless

Flash 05-03-2012 03:41 AM

I wish I could do that with my wife and roommate! Lmao!!!jk

gregzz4 05-03-2012 05:32 AM

I'm booooooooooored

lockrookie 05-03-2012 07:33 AM

my random thought for the day..

why do we sell live rock cheaper than we buy it for... should we not at least get it for the same price we paid..even add a bit more to the value... seriously tho.. its cured tried tested and proven in most tanks..(given you use copper with it it should be decreased) you spent all the time growing coraline on it.. that should account for something.. never mind the countless hours spent getting rid of those nasty hitchikers (given some are cool...) you would think fellow reefers would pay retail for live rock in such good condition..

dont gt mewrong like everyone i enjoy thelive rock deals and prefer the pre cured to the nasty rock... i just thought it was funny how we undersell certian importants parts to the hobby

Nano 05-04-2012 02:02 AM

This little one will hate me when I am older for posting cute (embarassing in the future) pics of her! Like today, I got the Zoolander look "Blue Steel" and I laughed so Hard! here it is, thought some of you might get a laugh as well
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...marina/LOL.jpg

Doug 05-04-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockrookie (Post 712906)

why do we sell live rock cheaper than we buy it for... should we not at least get it for the same price we paid..even add a bit more to the value... seriously tho.. its cured tried tested and proven in most tanks..(given you use copper with it it should be decreased) you spent all the time growing coraline on it.. that should account for something.. never mind the countless hours spent getting rid of those nasty hitchikers (given some are cool...) you would think fellow reefers would pay retail for live rock in such good condition..

dont gt mewrong like everyone i enjoy thelive rock deals and prefer the pre cured to the nasty rock... i just thought it was funny how we undersell certian importants parts to the hobby

:thumb:

reefwars 05-05-2012 08:29 AM

so anyways i get home today and someone stops by and they happen to tell me my zoanthids are all closed up ....i think huh i did turn on the lights just that minute i shrug it off and think nothing of it ...

well it wasnt the lights...

as i was making up some frag water from my reactor noticed my fuge light wasnt on......not only that but it had fallen off its holder and into the water into my sump.....f...m...l....for real!!!

to say the least i have a tank full of ****ed off corals and about 250 closed frgas:( after spending all day in electricity...ughhh !!!

well all is well and they are all fine now after removing them from the electricity....:):)

ps....a zombie took my kelloggs!!!!

lockrookie 05-05-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 713634)
so anyways i get home today and someone stops by and they happen to tell me my zoanthids are all closed up ....i think huh i did turn on the lights just that minute i shrug it off and think nothing of it ...

well it wasnt the lights...

as i was making up some frag water from my reactor noticed my fuge light wasnt on......not only that but it had fallen off its holder and into the water into my sump.....f...m...l....for real!!!

to say the least i have a tank full of ****ed off corals and about 250 closed frgas:( after spending all day in electricity...ughhh !!!

well all is well and they are all fine now after removing them from the electricity....:):)

ps....a zombie took my kelloggs!!!!

dude so glad you didnt eletricute yourself your corals saved your life...hey deserve some reef roids

Aquattro 05-05-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockrookie (Post 712906)

Simple. Live rock is a nutrient sponge. The longer you've had it, the more crap is built up in the pores. You see it all the time with people buying budget used rock, then 3 months later they have huge algae issues. And if the rock was really piled up thick, it's even worse. Years ago I had a 150g with over 200# of rock. When I dismantled it, it was disgusting. Essentially a big sink for sewage, and just stewing in it. Personally, I wouldn't use used rock if it were free. Who knows what's in it, how long it sat around, and how many months or years is it going to take to fix the problems it introduces.
To maximize the life of my rock, I use about 1/2pound per gallon, and ensure there is flow around all sides. To me, buying used rock is buying trouble, unless the owner is shutting down a recently setup tank. But over 2 yrs old, keep it!

Flash 05-05-2012 03:47 PM

I'm 26 and dr's think I have pneumonia...... Wonderful!

reefgirl189 05-05-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash (Post 713677)
I'm 26 and dr's think I have pneumonia...... Wonderful!

Is pneumonia age dependant? I thought it was fluid in your lungs and could happen to anybody.

Flash 05-05-2012 04:17 PM

More common in people over the age of 65. But because I has a weaken immune system due to my heart it snuck right on in there! Lol

The Grizz 05-05-2012 04:34 PM

I have had it twice due to zinc poisoning from welding galvanized metal, it can happen to everyone if the conditions are right.

reefwars 05-05-2012 04:59 PM

one of the fastest growing palys ive ever seen??? the mohawk paly....bought 4 heads maybe a month ago.....up to 25-30 heads now:mrgreen: incredible growth!!

Nano 05-05-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 713690)
I have had it twice due to zinc poisoning from welding galvanized metal, it can happen to everyone if the conditions are right.

better wear a filtered mask! We need you around here

MMAX 05-05-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 713690)

The zinc flu is nasty. Had it once when I worked at a culvert plant welding galvanized. They gave us respirators but half the time it was too hot to wear them.

gregzz4 05-05-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 713634)

I'd be returning that faulty GFCI :rolleyes:

reefgirl189 05-05-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 713760)
I'd be returning that faulty GFCI :rolleyes:

Most places won't let you. LMK if you find one that does!

reefwars 05-05-2012 08:26 PM

meh im only here for another 2 mths maybe at the next house with the new tank:P

gregzz4 05-05-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefgirl189 (Post 713767)
Most places won't let you. LMK if you find one that does!

Was a stab for not using one :razz:

gregzz4 05-05-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 713770)

Glad you didn't get hurt

reefgirl189 05-05-2012 08:45 PM

Ice cream cake is possibly the best treat ever. I love DQ but I hate their stupid ads on TV.

reefwars 05-05-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 713774)
Glad you didn't get hurt

you wouldnt believe some of the electrical stories i could tell you about tanks lol including my own when my tank caught fire!!:P

gregzz4 05-05-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefgirl189 (Post 713776)
Ice cream cake is possibly the best treat ever. I love DQ but I hate their stupid ads on TV.

No worse than Telus

reefgirl189 05-05-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 713785)
No worse than Telus

I think febreeze is probably the worst of the bunch. I guess when it costs you $0.05 to make your product and you sell it for $7.99 you can afford ridiculous amounts of advertising.

lorenz0 05-05-2012 10:41 PM

My philosophy when buying coral:

"god that will look trippy under the LED's"

Nano 05-05-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorenz0 (Post 713811)
My philosophy when buying coral:

"god that will look trippy under the LED's"

:lol: me too ;)

The Grizz 05-05-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 713709)
better wear a filtered mask! We need you around here

Really? What am I needed around here for :twised:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMAX (Post 713741)
The zinc flu is nasty. Had it once when I worked at a culvert plant welding galvanized. They gave us respirators but half the time it was too hot to wear them.

It's no fun at all & filter masks / respirators can be a pain in the arse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 713770)

did someone say new tank :razz:

Nano 05-05-2012 11:53 PM

So the wife and I are out for a date, and she goes, what's one your shirt?
I look down... Baby puke.. nice LOL welcome to being a dad Ken..

gregzz4 05-07-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 713830)
So the wife and I are out for a date, and she goes, what's one your shirt?
I look down... Baby puke.. nice LOL welcome to being a dad Ken..

Better puke than poop :razz:

Just tested the new system
I have 30 SG . Makes me want to add more, but I will wait 'till morning.
50g/bag my butt ....
I found 10 cups only makes 19g
Anyway ...
Sooo cool ... I finally have my system running :razz: