Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

Ram3500 02-17-2017 05:37 AM

I think one of life best gifts is the ability to laugh at ones self. I have been lucky enough to laugh at myself frequently the past few years. But today I hit a parked car while pulling out out of a parking spot.
24 years of driving with no accidents but I managed to hit a parked car. Thank you life wait no thank you .

Dearth 02-17-2017 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram3500 (Post 1008890)
I think one of life best gifts is the ability to laugh at ones self. I have been lucky enough to laugh at myself frequently the past few years. But today I hit a parked car while pulling out out of a parking spot.
24 years of driving with no accidents but I managed to hit a parked car. Thank you life wait no thank you .

Reminded me of something that happened back in November

I was rear ended by a young lady who was from the lower mainland this winter during our 3 week long -20 cold snap in November and it was hilarious as she had never driven in cold weather ever. She hit me at slow speed and got out and was a hysterical mess as it was -22ish and she had never been in the north during winter and she had no gloves on (this becomes clear in a second) A fellow who saw the accident tried to calm her down and between the two of us we finally figured out that she was petrified as she had no gloves on that if she touched her steering wheel with bare hands that they would freeze to the wheel.

First time for everything I guess. Turns out no damage to my truck small dent in her hood and after calming her down and assuring her that her hands would not freeze to the wheel sent her on her way. There are times that catch you off guard and this was one of them.

gregzz4 03-23-2017 01:14 AM

When construction of a building is complete, why is it not then called a built? ...

Ram3500 05-28-2017 06:20 AM

Me and my family lost a great wonderful boy yesterday. He was only fifteen and he took his own life.Sorry for this sad post but please watch your loved ones for signs of depression I have a huge family and none of us saw this coming. Manny hard days ahead.

duncangweller 05-28-2017 06:23 AM

That's very sad. I have a person very close to me that deals with depression on a huge scale and it something that I worry about every day.

Keep your chin up, there is often nothing that can be done and many people don't see it coming.

My best to you and your family and all his friends.

xandraescape 05-28-2017 09:13 AM

Are we talking about 13 reasons why here? Kidding aside, I guess we should all be sensitive on what the other people around us feels and at the same time take good care of our action. It is always a matter of putting oneself's in someone's shoes.

hillegom 05-28-2017 03:36 PM

I am sorry to hear that.
It is sad when someone with their whole life ahead of them decides that.
It is hard for the people left behind.

SeaHorse_Fanatic 05-28-2017 04:07 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss. All of us feel sad or emotionally drained at some points in our lives, but depression is exponentially worse. It is especially tough for the family members left behind as they try to come to grips with what happened, why, what could they have done different. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

Anthony

gregzz4 05-28-2017 04:30 PM

Aw jeez Bud - so sad. :hug:

Dearth 06-08-2017 05:44 AM

I've been involved in safety to varying degrees at my workplace over the last 18 yrs and in that time I have seen changes galore some were beauracratic others in response to catastrophic issues (Lakeland and burns lake sawmill explosions) to others being modernized yet one thing has not changed over the 18 years

The incessant moaning, groaning, whining and snivelling of both the employee and employer and generally speaking those in the front line of safety are the most frequent targets of those who bitch moan and groan and in some cases like today you get those that threaten you because they are forced to change

I love safety but when people start to threaten you it makes one wonder why we do safety anyway

People hate change and often lash out at the first point of contact and even though I have a thick skin it does wear one down but then again people hate to be told to do something in other words grown up children who pout