Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Jake's seahorse reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89883)

Jakegr 12-20-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowworld (Post 867817)
Hahah just turn it up side down and let the cat do all the work to reshape it! haha

Is it made out of acrylic or lexan/plexi glass? I had one for a tank that i made from lexan and the heat from the lights warped it and they were about 2 feet off the tank

The tank looks awesome though! keep the pictures coming!

Thanks! I am away for the holidays so unfortunately I don't have many other pictures, but I will take more when I return.

I think it is made of acrylic. Flipping it over crossed my mind, but I was hoping for a permanent solution. If I flip it over again, I think it would just warp out of shape again.

Your 13 gallon build thread is very cool by the way :)

IanWR 12-31-2013 01:44 PM

I see you are selling your Kessil. Are you going with a different light, or are you (god forbid) shutting this down? Inquiring minds need to know!

Claudia 12-31-2013 04:10 PM

Jake your setup is bountiful!!

Jakegr 12-31-2013 08:31 PM

Just making a lighting change! The gorgonians tend to shadow themselves they have so many branches, so I decided to get a light with a more even lighting distribution - a Mitras.

Thanks for the kind words Claudia!

IanWR 01-01-2014 03:15 AM

Whew! When is the second cube going in? And what's going in it? I know you got rid of your sun corals you had early on, but now that you have happy horses, I'm sure you want a challenge... Perhaps a complete NPS tank? :)

noy 01-01-2014 03:27 AM

fantastic setup all around. Beautifully laid out.

I am actually in the process of (slowly) building a 60g cube focusing on gorgonians (non-photo) and may put a few seahorses/pipefishes in there.

skabooya 01-01-2014 07:16 PM

OMG I am a fan of this tank. I LOVE IT! Reminds me of my tank before the horrible calpura took over and killed everything :(

Coralgurl 01-01-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skabooya (Post 870381)
OMG I am a fan of this tank. I LOVE IT! (

+1000! Beautiful setup!

Jakegr 01-01-2014 11:11 PM

Noy - Thank you! I would recommend this style of tank to anyone. It is fairly low maintenance and gorgonian's are beautiful. The only issue with sea horses is feeding them while you are away on vacation!

Skabooya - Thanks for the compliment and the cautionary tale! I was considering adding Caulerpa and will avoid it now!

Coralgurl - Thanks! Your set up is very well done too. I have some size envy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanWR (Post 870241)
Whew! When is the second cube going in? And what's going in it? I know you got rid of your sun corals you had early on, but now that you have happy horses, I'm sure you want a challenge... Perhaps a complete NPS tank? :)

The 2nd cube isn't going to happen unfortunately! I just can't expend the resources that would be needed to set up the second tank. I would love to try a NPS tank one day. I find the automated feeding systems some hobbyists have come up really interesting.

Myka 01-02-2014 12:48 AM

Beautiful tank!