Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Ponds & Koi (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   My backyard overhaul journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78410)

noirsphynx 09-21-2011 03:13 AM

So beautiful Dez! I wish my yard looked like that!

Myka 09-21-2011 03:14 AM

Holy wowzers!! You sure move fast! You've done a lot of work, and YOWZA she looks like a beauty! Good job!

kien 09-21-2011 05:00 AM

Looks like the leak test is a success! When are you going to add the salt?

STANKYfish 09-21-2011 05:56 AM

WoW!! this has turned out very beautiful and yes, very fast. :smile:

Chowder 09-21-2011 06:09 AM

That is awsome ... I am so envious of you.

Chris

Lance 09-21-2011 04:32 PM

Wow! Fast work Dez. Looks great!

Bblinks 09-21-2011 05:53 PM

Dez, I am curious on much this build cost you? I got a fairly large backyard that I might want to convert into a pond. I really like what you have done, it is very well planned and executed. :wink:

Dez 09-21-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 637860)
Dez, I am curious on much this build cost you? I got a fairly large backyard that I might want to convert into a pond. I really like what you have done, it is very well planned and executed. :wink:

Unfortunately, this may not be what you want to hear - my wife and I have agreed to keep the cost of this project to ourselves. It was pricey, but well worth it to us. However, I saved a ton by doing everything that I could by myself. I pretty much hacked away at it every chance I had by myself, with my wife helping when she could. Made several trips to places to get gravel, lumber, stones, sand, soil, plants, to the dump etc. With the pond company we received several gift certificates for our 10 year anniversary last summer and we will be using those gift certificates toward the pond itself. The only labour we paid out was for the pond company and a couple of teenagers here and there to help dig/weed etc (mainly it was to help those teenagers out during the summer to raise money for certain causes.

lockrookie 09-21-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dez (Post 637867)
Unfortunately, this may not be what you want to hear - my wife and I have agreed to keep the cost of this project to ourselves. It was pricey, but well worth it to us. However, I saved a ton by doing everything that I could by myself. I pretty much hacked away at it every chance I had by myself, with my wife helping when she could. Made several trips to places to get gravel, lumber, stones, sand, soil, plants, to the dump etc. With the pond company we received several gift certificates for our 10 year anniversary last summer and we will be using those gift certificates toward the pond itself. The only labour we paid out was for the pond company and a couple of teenagers here and there to help dig/weed etc (mainly it was to help those teenagers out during the summer to raise money for certain causes.

i agree with you keeping the cost to yourself...its not the cost that counts its the time spent with family in the space that makes it ...priceless

ps i have to chat with you in the next month or so....if your willing to ship out a few frags to me again....will wait untill your work load lessens.

mark 09-22-2011 01:12 AM

I'm just amazed