Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   whos got hobbys????? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70523)

BMW Rider 12-08-2010 03:10 PM

I don't partake in any hobby that is inexpensive. :lol:

The ones I do have aside from aquariums and my pond:

-motorcycles - more like an addiction
-woodworking
-downhill skiing - only an occasional pastime though
-gardening/lanscaping

paddyob 12-08-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW Rider (Post 571539)
I don't partake in any hobby that is inexpensive.

Yea. Flying lessons.

toxic111 12-08-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddyob (Post 571559)
Yea. Flying lessons.

But they are fun... got my private a few years ago now!

Slick Fork 12-08-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic111 (Post 571571)
But they are fun... got my private a few years ago now!

Try floats, I've got my commercial licence and once you make a water landing on a river you'll never look at runways the same way again!

For other hobbies I hike, downhill ski, photography, sailing (saving up for a boat), kayaking. Our Border Collie is a child-substitute and lately the Total War series of Computer games take up a bunch of my time

Cheers

BMW Rider 12-09-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddyob (Post 571559)
Yea. Flying lessons.

Ecxellent choice.

I used to fly with the Air Cadets. Had my private and glider licenses. Haven't flown in many years though, just couldn't afford it anymore; both in time and money. Life stuff got in the way. Now I'm so long out of date, I'd have to start all over. I've logged about a hundred hours on powered filight and over 500 glider flights. I'd like to get back into the gliding again someday; it's much more relaxing and peacful, yet at the same time more demanding of the pilot's skills to do it well.

toxic111 12-09-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW Rider (Post 571850)
Ecxellent choice.

I used to fly with the Air Cadets. Had my private and glider licenses. Haven't flown in many years though, just couldn't afford it anymore; both in time and money. Life stuff got in the way. Now I'm so long out of date, I'd have to start all over. I've logged about a hundred hours on powered filight and over 500 glider flights. I'd like to get back into the gliding again someday; it's much more relaxing and peacful, yet at the same time more demanding of the pilot's skills to do it well.

You would be surprised how fast it would come back. I bet within 10hrs you would be comfortable again.

I haven't been up in 2.5yrs, again life got in the way, a new baby & building a house did that. I am hoping to get going again in the spring.

Slick I would love to get my float ticket one day. I did look at a course on Van Island that did bush flying & floats in a week long course. From landing on a lake to landing on a sandbar with tundras... ahhh.. one day

Fish Head 12-09-2010 05:09 PM

when i get time to enjoy, ive got 2 new quads that sit, 2 dogs,a shiloh shepard and a border collie, shooting, tinkering with carpentry related things, currently building my garage so all free time has been spoken for.

michika 12-09-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorenz0 (Post 570757)
Cars (VW's mostly, always had a soft spot for them), snowboarding and well my tanks. Also going to dj shows/concerts.

I knew I liked you!

- Rebuilding/tinkering with VWs.
- Sports
- House renos
- Partying
- Sleeping

I work too much.

BMW Rider 12-09-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic111 (Post 571860)
You would be surprised how fast it would come back. I bet within 10hrs you would be comfortable again.

I haven't been up in 2.5yrs, again life got in the way, a new baby & building a house did that. I am hoping to get going again in the spring.

Slick I would love to get my float ticket one day. I did look at a course on Van Island that did bush flying & floats in a week long course. From landing on a lake to landing on a sandbar with tundras... ahhh.. one day

The skills side of it wouldn't be the issue. I'd have to redo all the ground school stuff and re-test.