Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Why Iphone Is Worth The Money (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79545)

StirCrazy 10-30-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquaria (Post 646224)
my 7 junk bb perals, curves No for real though iv had nothing but problems with BB for years now and will never buy another BB.

ya the pearls were a bad phone.. first forage into a consumber based flip phone desgine. girls BBerrys I call them :mrgreen: curves were better but not much, I never had a bold but they had a real good track record.

BBerrys are also the only cell phone that can be used in an oficial capacity by our military.

Steve

Magma 10-30-2011 04:38 AM

I have a blackberry bold 9700 and have no issues with it, i work construction and I have been outside all week in the -10 weather with the phone clipped to my safety vest exposed to the cold for 10+ hours a day No problems with anything.

My BB went down for about a day no big deal since the internet browser still worked so I could check emails that way. I bought it because I want a good quality phone all around not a toy, and the blackberry has the best talk quality out of all the phones. for me its blackberry all the way. Not to say I dont own an Ipod Touch, macbook pro and a spare droid phone I just prefer the blackberry all around.

Samw 10-30-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkinsn (Post 645944)
Cuz apparently you need a better gaming lap top or you got a great deal on your Alienware lap top.

IPhone 4S w/ 32GB = $749
A Top 10 Ultraportable Gaming Laptop = $750
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817...id=JK4YK8-XCWU

The point is $750 is a lot for a phone albeit a smartphone. Understandably, early adoption of cutting edge technology is always expensive. A lot people told me that they don't know what they would do without thier iphone. I reply that I don't know what I would do WITH an iphone (given that I am not paying more than $20/mo for my mobile plan). :)

MarkoD 10-30-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samw (Post 646406)
IPhone 4S w/ 32GB = $749
A Top 10 Ultraportable Gaming Laptop = $750
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817...id=JK4YK8-XCWU

The point is $750 is a lot for a phone albeit a smartphone. Understandably, early adoption of cutting edge technology is always expensive. A lot people told me that they don't know what they would do without thier iphone. I reply that I don't know what I would do WITH an iphone (given that I am not paying more than $20/mo for my mobile plan). :)

no one buys a phone these day without a contract.

scherzo 10-30-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkoD (Post 646265)
Same here. Only bb can connect to our VPN

Must be some weird thing with your VPN. I don't seem to have trouble with my work or home VPN.

MarkoD 10-30-2011 10:54 PM

Not m VPN.

Aquattro 10-31-2011 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkoD (Post 646415)

Unless something happened to their existing phone and they're already in a contract..like I had to :)

beginnersluckpg 10-31-2011 03:15 AM

iPhone swam for it

Well here goes,was changing my sump out a few weeks ago and had my iPhone 3GS in the front pocket of my hoody, bad idea. Straight to the bottom it went. set skimmer down as quick as I could and retrieved the phone from about 10" of water. Panicking at this point I ran up stairs and turned the hair dryer on cool n low and layed them both on the counter for about 30 minutes or so...believe it or not phone works fine, no way I could go with anything else after that.

Magma 10-31-2011 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkoD (Post 646415)

:wave:

Right here, and the reason for this is because I have been screwed over so many times with the providers its not even funny. Every provider will tell you straight up they don't support the hardware only the service. So if your phone can still receive the network signal and dial out they don't care. Last time I had a phone act up the guy on the phone told me straight up "Your phone can still send and receive calls sir so we don't care if the touch-pad doesn't work that's not our problem". They suck you in with contracts and extended warranties but when the hardware dies they push you around the ring 100 times before someone finally tells you they will replace the phone for the same price as a new one. I find it easier to just pay the price of the phone outright then if it breaks you at least know your screwed right away rather than having screaming matches over the phone with a provider asking for repairs.

MarkoD 10-31-2011 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magma (Post 646491)
:wave:

Right here, and the reason for this is because I have been screwed over so many times with the providers its not even funny. Every provider will tell you straight up they don't support the hardware only the service. So if your phone can still receive the network signal and dial out they don't care. Last time I had a phone act up the guy on the phone told me straight up "Your phone can still send and receive calls sir so we don't care if the touch-pad doesn't work that's not our problem". They suck you in with contracts and extended warranties but when the hardware dies they push you around the ring 100 times before someone finally tells you they will replace the phone for the same price as a new one. I find it easier to just pay the price of the phone outright then if it breaks you at least know your screwed right away rather than having screaming matches over the phone with a provider asking for repairs.

you're one of those people that keeps their phone longer than 1 year then?

i just get a new phone every year and with it comes a 1 year warranty from apple... which replaces the phone if it breaks