Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

reefwars 01-18-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murminator (Post 931105)
Wud I miss???

Murray !!!!!

Long time no see how have you been man?:)

Myka 01-18-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murminator (Post 931105)
Wud I miss???

Not much! The forums were better in 2012/2013 when you were last around! :lol:

Coralgurl 01-18-2015 10:33 PM

No matter what type of vehicle you're in, please, please wear the seat belts, every time. It is amazing the amount of damage the body can sustain when thrown from even slow moving vehicles. You keep going even when they stop!!

kien 01-18-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coralgurl (Post 931177)
No matter what type of vehicle you're in, please, please wear the seat belts, every time. It is amazing the amount of damage the body can sustain when thrown from even slow moving vehicles. You keep going even when they stop!!

I believe that falls under two principals of nature.

1. Newton's first law of motion.
2. Darwins law of natural selection.

Dearth 01-18-2015 10:56 PM

The ones that get me are the passengers that insist of placing their feet on the dashboard I have lost count the amount of accidents I have seen where knees have connected with faces or where the dashboard was pushed back and the passenger became an accidental contortionist with broken bones galore

A dashboard is not a foot rest

mike31154 01-18-2015 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 930209)
My son is in grade two and I'm teaching my son English language arts these days. For the reasons above It is ridiculously agrivating LOL.

So does spelling fall under the realm of English language arts? If not, you're OK, his educator will probably take care of it at school. If so, sir, you need to bone up on that aspect. "aggravating"! Capital "It" in the middle of a sentence will also make an English major cringe.

Thought no one was watching huh? My spelling's usually pretty good, but u shuld see my comprension! Ever since I took the Evelyn Woodhead sped reddin' corse.

Murminator 01-18-2015 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 931121)
Murray !!!!!

Long time no see how have you been man?:)

Finer than frogs hair lol

Just kicking around after 3 years of looking at a fully functioning running tank full of water and live rock and topping it up twice a week finally decided to turn the lights on a test it ....all is good added some new LR to kick start it going to back in business soon :mrgreen:

...and no more zoos lol

mike31154 01-18-2015 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic (Post 930271)
Being relatively "fur-less" & completely featherless animals, human beings were never meant to live in Canada year-round, I guess.

For your sake, I hope there are not many Inuit reef hobbyists that frequent this board. You're probably OK, your post & this one should soon be buried never to be seen by humans again!

kien 01-18-2015 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike31154 (Post 931188)
So does spelling fall under the realm of English language arts? If not, you're OK, his educator will probably take care of it at school. If so, sir, you need to bone up on that aspect. "aggravating"! Capital "It" in the middle of a sentence will also make an English major cringe.

Thought no one was watching huh? My spelling's usually pretty good, but u shuld see my comprension! Ever since I took the Evelyn Woodhead sped reddin' corse.

I'm going to blame auto-correct and my laziness to unautocorrect :lol:

Also, ya, I'm not the greatest speller. I have a lot of misspelled words in my auto-correct dictionary, apparently :lol:

To answer your question, yes, spelling is a part of Language Arts. Thankfully the teachers are teaching him how to spell and not me. I just have to make sure he does the prescribed homework and occasionally explaining to him, "That's just how it it is son. I have no idea why there are two g's in aggravated or why that letter is silent."

mike31154 01-18-2015 11:25 PM

Thought for the day.

Idiots are not defined by or confined to a nationality. They may be found anywhere & include a certain percentage of our own fine country.

I've done some idiotic stuff over the years & no doubt been considered one by others as a result. Thankfully the decisions I make most of the time fall into a relatively rational category.

Recently I've taken to giving a new moderator a hard time regarding spelling. Does that qualify as idiotic? It is all in fun Mr. Kien!