Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

SeaHorse_Fanatic 01-17-2012 07:57 AM

I'd be sooooo tempted to do something evil next time I saw him walking down the road.

Sorry for your loss Greg.

gregzz4 01-17-2012 03:05 PM

How utterly shocking, there are no words ... :puppydog:
:grouphug:

Leah 01-17-2012 03:25 PM

Something to be said for responsible pet owners. :sad:

lastlight 01-17-2012 04:36 PM

My cleaner shrimp has hints of algae growing on his whiskers... forget the dang p04 test - I changed my GFO =)

Leah 01-17-2012 04:46 PM

I am a surrogate Dwarf Hamster mommy of 5....so cute. :biggrin:
Well almost. :wink:

muck 01-17-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 672252)
Well almost. :wink:

ewwww.... pinkies. :razz:

The Grizz 01-17-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 672215)
Something to be said for responsible pet owners. :sad:

Something to be said about ignorant people ^^

SeaHorse_Fanatic 01-17-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muck (Post 672268)
ewwww.... pinkies. :razz:

AKA fishbait:twised::wink:

Zoaelite 01-17-2012 09:56 PM

The final project worth 40% of my Writing in a Digital Context mark is on forum analysis!

Prepare to be analyzed, you have been warned.

gregzz4 01-17-2012 10:14 PM

Ever have one of those days when it feels like all you're doing is spinning your wheels?
Yesterday I decided to play with the new RKL to get all my heaters ( 8 of them ) pre-set.
So I finally find myReef 2.0 after registering on the DA site. Then I need .Net 2.0 to run myReef. It took an hour and a half to get all the downloads installed from Microstuffed.
OK, now I install myReef and it takes numerous tries to get it to recognize the V2 SID. Get that firmware updated. Then it won't read the RKL Head unit. Click, close, open, unplug, plug in, click, click CLICK. AARGHH. There's no menu instructions. So, by fluke, I click on a row of ???????? and it asks me what module I'm working with. Finally I find the Head unit and update the firmware, then a PC4. Great. So far so good. This is 2 1/2 hours so far ....
Now I can't program the PC4 - whaaat is goin on ?????
I can plug in the Head unit or the PC4, but not both, to the program.
2 hours of reading and I go to bed.
Today I tackle the web again and finally run across a blurb with instructions on the not-so-easily navigated DA site.
Basically it says to power up the unit and plug in the SID. There's nothing about that in the Quick Start Guide, the User Manual or the myReef Manual !!!
I didn't try that up to this point as I wasn't sure it was safe to have it powered up while plugged into the usb.
TADA !! Now I can program the PC4.
Shame on DA for crappy instructions in the box, the Manual and the Quick Start Guide.

Lance 01-17-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 672252)

I bet my Tuskfish would love to meet them!

SeaHorse_Fanatic 01-18-2012 12:08 AM

Gregg,

Why 8 heaters????

reefwars 01-18-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic (Post 672430)
Gregg,

Why 8 heaters????

was thinking the same thing lol:twised:

fishoholic 01-18-2012 02:12 AM

Got to love it when things seem to work out. Day two of my orange spot rabbit being in the reef tank and everyone seems to be getting along fairly well :mrgreen:

gregzz4 01-18-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic (Post 672430)
Gregg,

Why 8 heaters????

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 672431)
was thinking the same thing lol:twised:

Hehe, now that I think about it, it's actually 9 heaters :lol:
3 x 200w in the sump on the RKL + 2 x 250w set lower direct to the wall; and one each for rock curing, the ATO, New water and QT tanks
I'm using the RKL to make sure there won't be any drastic differences
I already had the 250s so I may as well use them, but prefer to use the 200s on this setup. Plus some backup never hurts, not that I don't trust the RKL, but I don't trust the RKL :mrgreen:

gregzz4 01-18-2012 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishoholic (Post 672497)
Got to love it when things seem to work out. Day two of my orange spot rabbit being in the reef tank and everyone seems to be getting along fairly well :mrgreen:

Not to jinx you, but at least something is going well for someone

ALang 01-18-2012 04:27 PM

This is very late...but I just read the posts.
I am sorry for your lost, Greg.
My Sheba Inu, Teddy Bear, has just been diagnosed with cancer.
At least we have time to say our good byes...but for a healthy friend, killed for "threatening" a large cow?? RIP Hercules.
Lenny.

reefwars 01-18-2012 04:40 PM

think warm thoughts think warm thoughts its not cold in fact its too hot im home today because its to hot not to cold but to hot the cold doesnt exist there is only hot which it is outside hot very hot its burning i think im melting from the heat,you could fry a egg on my step its that hot........oh wait now thats just frostbite kicking in...and a dose of reality.

reefwars 01-18-2012 05:30 PM

missed it by 4 secs:)

reefwars 01-18-2012 05:30 PM

now ill never find out how to turn my green carpet into a red one :cry:

parkinsn 01-18-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 672751)
now ill never find out how to turn my green carpet into a red one :cry:

Fear not, I also mised it.

Yes, you should go get a checker if you a worried about your color levels.

Yes, you can use a marker, but be sure to get the non-toxic. Also don't get the washable kind as im sure you see the obvious problem there.

Leah 01-18-2012 05:31 PM

It is so COLD but my dog is loving it. :biggrin: Got to love Husky/Malamutes...and to think she might have not made it to see her first birthday. Very grateful she is now healthy and happy.

reefwars 01-18-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 672754)
It is so COLD but my dog is loving it. :biggrin: Got to love Husky/Malamutes...and to think she might have not made it to see her first birthday. Very grateful she is now healthy and happy.

thats awesome news:)

my guy isnt fixed and well ..i know its cold when....he wont sit to poop he has to hover so he dont get his ...well you know...cold hehehe:)

reefwars 01-18-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkinsn (Post 672753)

Yes, you can use a marker, but be sure to get the non-toxic. Also don't get the washable kind as im sure you see the obvious problem there.

the markers dont say anythng on them or the box about being reefsafe sooooo can i just lick them to see if they are toxic?? they smell funny and it has a happy skeleton face with a cross through it.....im sure its some sort of smiley face and not in any way a warning of its contents right??:P

lockrookie 01-18-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkinsn (Post 672753)

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 672760)
the markers dont say anythng on them or the box about being reefsafe sooooo can i just lick them to see if they are toxic?? they smell funny and it has a happy skeleton face with a cross through it.....im sure its some sort of smiley face and not in any way a warning of its contents right??:P

just remember you two while your doing crafts within your reeftanks dont be running with the bone cuters ...someone will lose thier eye of the ocean

fishoholic 01-18-2012 05:43 PM

My dose of drama was deleted and I only made it to page six :sad:

:lol: probably for the best anyway.

Aquattro 01-18-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishoholic (Post 672767)
My dose of drama was deleted and I only made it to page six :sad:

And if you drag it here, this one's going too.

reefwars 01-18-2012 05:44 PM

wow am i dumb today so i built a skirt for my stand yesterday with the intentions on just pulling it out when i want to work on the tank sundays....since i was off today i figured i would do a random water chn age.....i built the skirt to tight and cant pull it off.....now im faced with should i take it all apart and start from scratch or modify it where it is lol:)

free = not always best hehe:)

parkinsn 01-18-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 672760)

The only way to tell is to open the back. There will be a little foam like tube wrapped in plastic inside the marker. Take the plastic off, and get to the center of it. There will be instructions in the middle, most likely in Chinese. You will need to get this traslated. This will be messy, be sure to wear white and lick your fingers clean after.

reefwars 01-18-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishoholic (Post 672767)

i would agree sometimes its just best to move on:) i tried to stay neutral on that one and alot of em these days its just better that way:)

lastlight 01-18-2012 05:47 PM

Who put the RAD in Radion? Seems a bit misleading...

reefwars 01-18-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkinsn (Post 672771)
The only way to tell is to open the back. There will be a little foam like tube wrapped in plastic inside the marker. Take the plastic off, and get to the center of it. There will be instructions in the middle, most likely in Chinese. You will need to get this traslated. This will be messy, be sure to wear white and lick your fingers clean after.

hummm seems like alot of work and my chinese friend isnt around today just as i need him, think spray paint would work?? assuming of course i took the carpet out of the tank i mean i dont want to get paint on the glass:)

i cant afford fancy red led's so i have to diy or dim????(do it myself):)

parkinsn 01-18-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 672773)

It's not, but if it helps,

I put the bop in the bop shbop shbop. I don't know who put the ram in ramalama ding dong though.

reefwars 01-18-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 672773)

better question is who added the n to radio:)

in all seriousness i think it was levi:P

Delphinus 01-18-2012 05:54 PM

Does anyone else read reefwars's posts and hear the words with a Newfie accent in their head?

(Sort. Of. Like. How. When. You. Read. This. Sentence. You. Hear. All. The. Periods.)

I've never even met the dude bye. I have no idea if he has an accent or not bye. What's the after this happening bye?

lastlight 01-18-2012 05:58 PM

QWOP.

http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html

reefwars 01-18-2012 06:01 PM

super mega ultra turbo rocket powered laser sighted radions!!!!!

now with more rad!!!!

weve taken mega power ions and added super ultra turbo rads......

r- really cool
a- above average
d- definetely
i- impressive
o- o m g
n- need to have

be the first to " blind the sun!!!!"

when they turn off its called a solar eclipse!!!!

you dont get a suntan you get a raditan!!!!

its so bright your fish will wear sunglasses!!!!

reefwars 01-18-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphinus (Post 672779)
Does anyone else read reefwars's posts and hear the words with a Newfie accent in their head?

(Sort. Of. Like. How. When. You. Read. This. Sentence. You. Hear. All. The. Periods.)

I've never even met the dude bye. I have no idea if he has an accent or not bye. What's the after this happening bye?

hehehe i actually have a canadian mexican newfie accent:P

eh bye thats loco esa :P

parkinsn 01-18-2012 06:04 PM

^^ Want to buy bigger monitor to fit all that in one screen.

reefwars 01-18-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkinsn (Post 672785)
^^ Want to buy bigger monitor to fit all that in one screen.

sure would you take a cheque??? post dated of course:twised::twised::twised: