Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   290G Peninsula Tank (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61961)

fooman 04-29-2014 01:02 AM

Wow you have a beautiful tank set up! I hope to have my tank look half as good as yours. I see you live in Vernon just down the highway from me.

mseepman 04-29-2014 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fooman (Post 894535)
Wow you have a beautiful tank set up! I hope to have my tank look half as good as yours. I see you live in Vernon just down the highway from me.

Thank you so much. I'm always happy to have visitors.

Myka 04-29-2014 04:00 AM

Looks good Mark! Colors or not, the setup is stunning! Do you get much algae growth on the glass or rocks? If you aren't getting much algae you could experiment with feeding the fish more to see if you can improve color that way. Your bioload is quite low now but will increase as the fish grow.

Sent from my Dungeon using mad Ninja Skillz.

mseepman 04-29-2014 04:08 AM

I'm always thrilled when you take a peek at my build Mindy. Haven't chatted with you in way too long. My glass does seem to get growth quite quickly but I have little to no algae on the rocks. Nitrate measures zero on my hanna and my PO4 was 0.05 also on the hanna meter.

lastlight 04-29-2014 08:48 AM

The view through the end of the tank looks stunning. :)

Doug 04-29-2014 04:35 PM

Tank looks great Mark. As to not clutter your thread, I will post my thoughts on colour in another in the reefing forum, as I dont like some of mine either.

mseepman 04-29-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 894644)
Tank looks great Mark. As to not clutter your thread, I will post my thoughts on colour in another in the reefing forum, as I dont like some of mine either.

Thanks Doug, you're going to have to find a chance to head down this way one time so I can show you it in person. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 894612)
The view through the end of the tank looks stunning. :)

Thanks so much...down the end is one of my favorite views. Sometimes I get frustrated as I have a sand sifter and he can really just mix it up enough with those four big powerheads at the end to give me a sandstorm.

lastlight 04-29-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mseepman (Post 894655)
Sometimes I get frustrated as I have a sand sifter and he can really just mix it up enough with those four big powerheads at the end to give me a sandstorm.

Do you have a Kien equivalent in your area? I dismantled my reef to catch my sifter and gave it to him.

Ginu 04-29-2014 09:48 PM

I see a ton of people complaining about sand sifters but never ever read of anyone housing a sand-dollar... I've had one in my reef for over two years now and he keeps the sandbed spic and span and I never get to see him unless he decides to go offroading and climb the rocks (this happens once a year and doesn't last very long)

mseepman 04-30-2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginu (Post 894685)
I see a ton of people complaining about sand sifters but never ever read of anyone housing a sand-dollar... I've had one in my reef for over two years now and he keeps the sandbed spic and span and I never get to see him unless he decides to go offroading and climb the rocks (this happens once a year and doesn't last very long)

Personally I've never seen one offered for sale? They would be an interesting option though.

I can't imagine ripping my reef apart no matter how much the goby bugs me...that is my worst nightmare other than the thing bursting.