Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

The Grizz 04-27-2013 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 814625)

Got my new iPhone case today. $4.95 shipped
It's an Otterbox Defender knock-off, but for that price I don't care
Fits really well and has protection in all the right places
I got the black and black unit

I went with the new LifeProof case, much better then the otterbox. It's water & dust proof.

One tip for you though is to add a second screen protector to the outside of the otterbox scree protector, that way when it gets all scratched up you just change it out for a new one.

gregzz4 04-27-2013 04:19 AM

I'm not even using a screen protector right now
I just use a clean finger to touch the screen, and I'm careful about where the phone goes - pockets, counters etc

Nano 04-27-2013 05:00 AM

Me too. My only problem working in a fab shop is my phones speakers attract fine metal particles and it buggers the speakers.. gotta figure out a solution to this issue.

blacknife 04-27-2013 05:40 AM

I got a new phone on warrantee a couple weeks ago. I only wish I could find a knockoff. Mind you I only had to spend 30 with 9 shipping but I could NOT find one localy

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

blacknife 04-27-2013 05:40 AM

And it looks like my Tapatalk needs tweaking too

The Grizz 04-27-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 814646)
I'm not even using a screen protector right now
I just use a clean finger to touch the screen, and I'm careful about where the phone goes - pockets, counters etc

Get a screen protector now before you get a scratch cause you will be ****ed when it happens.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 814657)
Me too. My only problem working in a fab shop is my phones speakers attract fine metal particles and it buggers the speakers.. gotta figure out a solution to this issue.

That's why I got the lifeProof case, just for that reason but I rock an iPhone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacknife (Post 814665)
I got a new phone on warrantee a couple weeks ago. I only wish I could find a knockoff. Mind you I only had to spend 30 with 9 shipping but I could NOT find one localy

LifeProof are a bit expensive but I look at it as an investment cause my phone absolutely has to work 24/7. I don't know what phones they make them for but I did get a brand new one for the wife in her fav color yesterday on eBay for 1/2 price of any store.

Nano 04-27-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 814673)

but I rock an iPhone.

Conformist ;)

The Grizz 04-27-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 814697)
Conformist ;)

I have to have some where to keep my mass music collection :lol: I have a iPod, 3GS & 4S iPhone all 32gb & all full of tunes.

banditpowdercoat 04-27-2013 04:32 PM

I'm lookin at a life proof for my 5 too like the otter. But want more lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregzz4 04-27-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 814657)

Keep the phone in your locker :smile: When I get to work, I turn it off

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 814673)
Get a screen protector now before you get a scratch cause you will be ****ed when it happens..

Ya, I suppose you're right. I currently handle it with 'kid gloves'
I'll be out shopping today anyway ...